MXN: Mexican peso
Mexico holidays 2021
From food and fiestas to ancient ruins and white-sand beaches, holidays in Mexico are filled with colour and culture.
Picture paradise and you’ll probably picture Mexico’s palm-fringed Caribbean coast, where luxurious resorts back topaz seas. Here, Mexico holidays are all about relaxation, although the fascinating ruins of pre-Hispanic civilizations are never far away. The atmosphere couldn't be more different in the cosmopolitan capital, Mexico City, where you’ll find a world-class restaurant scene and myriad museums. Surf-lashed beaches await on the Pacific Coast, while cloud forests, remote canyons and sleepy mountain towns are just a few of the draws to the country’s interior.
Art and culture in Mexico
Mexico is huge and its heritage rich and varied. There’s more to Mexican culture than the famous fiesta of Day of the Dead, or the Día de Muertos. Guadalajara has one of the fastest growing contemporary art scenes, Puebla is known for its pottery and Oaxaca is the place to go in search of traditional folk art.
Why book Mexico holidays
Discover the best beaches
We love Playa Delfines, Puerto Morelos & Playa Tortugas
Sample the local food
Mexico offers some of the world's most diverse regional cuisine
Top attractions to visit
The stunning Mayan ruins of Chichén Itzá
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Visit Tulum for its Mayan ruins, white-sand shores & turquoise waters
Popular with couples
From fab adult-only resorts to luxury fine dining
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Stay in one of Cancun's top all inclusive resorts
Quintana Roo in Mexico, North AmericaFrom £421 per person
Jalisco in Mexico, North AmericaFrom £583 per person
Marina Vallarta is a favourite holiday destination among chic and elegant visitors to Mexico. The resort takes pride of place …From £583 per person
Nayarit in Mexico, North AmericaFrom £650 per person
Found on Mexico’s stunning Pacific coast, holidays to Nuevo Vallarta are a paradise for those seeking sun, sea, sand and …From £650 per person
Greater Mexico City
Greater Mexico City in Mexico, North AmericaFrom £477 per person
Top resorts in Mexico
Searching for white-sand beaches and never-ending nightlife? Holidays in Cancun offer everything you’ve ever dreamed of in a Caribbean paradise. …From £421 per person
Playa del Carmen
Playa Del Carmen holidays can be as entertaining or as endlessly relaxing as you want them to be. Not content …From £421 per person
Located on the east of the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico, Riviera Maya is well known as the ultimate getaway for …From £573 per person
Translated into English from Mayan, Akumal means "Land of the Turtles", and there is no doubt why these prehistoric creatures …From £658 per person
Sleepy, laid-back Puerto Morelos is the perfect destination for a relaxed holiday on the spectacular Riviera Maya. It boasts blissful …From £515 per person
When it comes to relaxing Mexican beach holidays, you can’t do better than a trip to Puerto Aventuras. Located in …From £712 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Mexico holidays
Top 5 things to do in Mexico
You could spend months in just one of Mexico’s states and barely scratch the surface. If you’re not sure where to start your holiday to Mexico, these are a few of the country’s must-see highlights.
- Tulum’s sugar-white beaches and ancient ruins have made it the top destination in the Yucatan. Add in a growing range of ever-more chic boutique hotels and you’ve got holiday perfection.
- There’s spectacular diving on Mexico’s Caribbean and Pacific coasts, as well as inland in the flooded cave systems known as cenotes.
- It’s worth tearing yourself away from the coast to visit at least one of Mexico’s natural wonders. Among them are the vertiginous Copper Canyon and Michoacán’s magical Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve.
- You can’t come to Mexico without delving into the country’s food culture. There’s nowhere better for a voyage of culinary discovery than the capital, Mexico City, where fine dining and street food are equally revered.
- Mexico’s small towns are just as worth exploring as its big cities. Izamal in the Yucatan, Cuetzalan in Puebla and Todos Santos in Baja California Sur are among the most visited.
Historical sights in Mexico
Discovering at least one of the country’s ancient sites is a must on any Mexico holiday.
- The Yucatan’s Chichén Itzá was named one of the “New” Wonders of the World, but Mayans lived here between 250 and 900 AD. The site has shed light on the civilization’s written language and religion, as well as their knowledge of astronomy.
- There are nearly 7000 structures hidden deep in the jungle at Calakmul, near the Guatemalan border. The city played a key role in the Mayan empire for twelve centuries.
- The ruins at Palenque are second only in importance to Chichén Itzá and can be easily visited from the Riviera Maya.
- The dramatic pyramids and terraces at Monte Albán in Oaxaca were influenced by both Zapotec and Mixtec culture. They’ve been protected as a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1987.
- It’s thought that a hundred thousand people once lived at Teotihuacan near Mexico City. Today, two monolithic pyramids, the Temple of the Sun and the Temple of the Moon, dominate the site.
What our local experts say
Mexico for beach bums: best beaches to visit
With popular beach hotspots, such as Cancun and Playa del Carmen, you can’t go wrong with a holiday to Mexico’s Caribbean coastline. From golden fine sands to crystal clear waters, beach bums will no doubt feel at home during a Mexico holiday. So, if you’re heading there and ...Continue reading
5 Luxury places on a budget
Love luxury but think you don’t have the budget? Well, loveholidays is here to change your mind! These fabulous destinations offer holiday-makers all the luxury trimmings from infinity pools to exclusive charm – all without breaking the bank. So, if you want luxe for less, check out this list of ...
The dreamiest places to see in Mexico
If you’re looking for the perfect holiday a little further afield, Mexico is the holiday destination for you. With wonderful cultural sites that are bound to fascinate you, along with lovely sparkling coastlines along the Caribbean Sea. Mexico is full of dreamy locations which you are bound to fall ...
Most popular Mexico hotels
- Playa del Carmen
- Quintana Roo
- Riviera Maya
- Quintana Roo
Your Mexico questions answered
You can find almost every kind of holiday adventure in Mexico, from off-the-beaten-track road trips to luxurious resort breaks on paradise islands.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 19:12 26 January 2021