Meloneras holidays 2021
Revel in the lap of luxury on holidays in Meloneras. Exquisite beaches, high-end shopping and stylish Spanish restaurants deliver a delicious taste of grown-up Gran Canaria.
As a chic town located within striking distance of some of the greatest attractions on the Canary Islands, Meloneras holidays offer escapism by the bucketload. The natural beauty of Maspalomas Dunes sits next door, plus thrilling water parks and glass-bottomed boat trips to tempt all you adventure seekers. Just want to chill in the sunshine? Pack your flip flops, because it’s a delightful beach holiday hangout too!
Shopping in Meloneras
If you like to indulge in a spot of retail therapy, Meloneras is the resort for you. Elegant boutiques, designer stores and high street favourites grace the seafront along Meloneras promenade. Or for a cheap holiday, practice your haggling skills and snap up a Canarian souvenir at the weekly San Fernando Market.
Why book Meloneras holidays
Cultural hotspot not to miss
The Faro de Maspalomas lighthouse is a popular landmark in Meloneras - a great spot for sunsets and walks
Fab shopping scene
Explore the chic boutiques and shopping malls in Meloneras selling jewellery, clothes and more!
Discover the best beaches
Spend the day lounging on Meloneras Beach - known for its sand dunes and lighthouse
Sample the local food
Head along the waterfront promenade for a lovely local restaurant serving up tasty Spanish delights
Lush natural wonders
The sand dunes are a remarkable sight and provide a great backdrop for a photo op!
Go on a road trip
Head into the capital of Las Palmas for shopping, beaches, great food and so much more!
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Meloneras holidays
Top 5 things to do in Meloneras
You never have to travel far on holiday in Meloneras, because this seaside resort is crammed with Canary Island charm.
- The Faro de Maspalomas lighthouse stands proud over the glamorous seafront, bustling with glitzy bars and coastal views. Dating back to 1890, it’s one of the oldest lighthouses on the Canary Islands.
- Hidden in plain sight, many visitors miss the archaeological ruins of Punta Mujeres. The ancient Aboriginal settlement is small, but a fascinating detour just steps from Meloneras beach.
- Year-round sunshine and dramatic sea views have bolstered Meloneras’ reputation as a top golfing getaway. The 18-hole golf course presents immaculate greens and luxury accommodation.
- If itchy feet strike, the island’s capital of Las Palmas is day trip dynamite. Culture vultures are spoilt for choice with art galleries, historical house museums and botanical gardens all in store.
- As evening falls, Meloneras Gran Casino lights up. Of course you’ll find poker tables and slot machines, but the late-night cabaret entertainment is also second to none.
Natural beauty in Meloneras
From mountain adventures to desert wonderlands, holidays to Meloneras are a sightseer’s dream. Cameras at the ready!
- Nature reserves don’t come much more mind-blowing than Maspalomas Dunes. 1,000 acres of undulating golden sands, criss-crossed with walking trails, are an incredible phenomenon you won’t want to miss.
- Escape into a tropical oasis at Maspalomas Botanical Park, where winding paths take you past all manner of colourful fruit trees and exotic plants.
- Nestled between some of Gran Canaria’s best-loved resorts, Meloneras is a prime spot to hire a bike. Soak up the sights along the coast’s blissfully flat promenades, from pretty Puerto de Mogán to buzzing Playa del Inglés.
- La Charca is a protected freshwater lagoon, tucked away behind Maspalomas beach and teeming with wildlife. Join the bird-watchers and nature-lovers for a scenic stroll.
- Head high into the Meloneras hills on an exhilarating buggy safari through deep ravines and volcanic peaks. Led by a knowledgeable guide, you’ll discover flora, fauna and the finest panoramas.
Most popular Meloneras hotels
- Gran Canaria
Your Meloneras questions answered
June to September are popular months for holidays to Meloneras, with hot temperatures and lively crowds. However, a sub-tropical climate makes Gran Canaria a warm destination all year round, including for winter sun holidays.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 20:48 26 January 2021