Mauritius Holidays 2019 / 2020
Set in the Indian Ocean, the island of Mauritius is the perfect place for an all inclusive getaway. The near-perfect climate and tranquil atmosphere makes this a year-round favourite destination for beach holidays and deep-sea adventures.
Famous for its mesmerising coast, golden sands and idyllic island scenery, Mauritius is a popular location for couples on honeymoons and romantic getaways. Its wide variety of marine activities, like deep-sea fishing and dolphin watching, makes this island a paradise for nature-lovers.
Our all-inclusive packages will give you the best of island life. From 3-star simplicity for cheap holidays to Mauritius to 5-star all inclusive luxury, Mauritius holidays are all about finding that dream hotel to suit you and your needs. Browse elegant resorts with rooms overlooking the Indian Ocean, spas, golf courses and plunge pools.
Head to the capital, Port Louis, for more hustle and bustle coupled with great vistas across the sparkling water. If calm and laid back is more your style, Poste Lafayette may be perfect for you. Serene and undisturbed, this is the place to be for leaving all your stresses behind.
Known as the gem of the Indian Ocean, Mauritius is famous for its soft beaches, biodiversity and multiculturalism. It’s the perfect location for a mixture of laid-back serenity and exciting island adventures.
- Once home to the now extinct dodo bird, the island’s natural scenery is a must-see during your visit. Don’t forget to make time for visiting Seven-Coloured Earth, home to a natural phenomenon that causes an area of sand dunes to turn seven beautiful colours.
- For breathtaking views, Mauritius is unbeatable. Take a long, peaceful walk along the white sands and dip your toes in the bluest crystal waters. A visit to one of many beautiful beaches will entertain both families with children, and couples looking to spark a little romance.
- Regarded as one of the Indian Ocean’s top culinary destinations, Mauritius boasts incredible restaurants with celebrity chefs and even a few Michelin stars. Visitors looking for fine dining won’t be disappointed!
- If you can manage to pull yourself away from the island’s breathtaking shores, make the most of the exciting attractions and activities on offer. You’ll find lots of things to do in Flic en Flac, like the island’s largest open-air market, where you can practise your haggling skills.
- Alternatively, head down to the beach and get involved with some of the amazing water sports on offer. From snorkelling and scuba diving to water-skiing and parasailing, the beaches offer both relaxation and adrenaline-fuelled fun.
During your holiday, you’ll get to experience the local cuisine, which boasts influences from India, China and France - be prepared to set your taste buds free at some of the incredible restaurants in Mauritius.
- Using locally produced exotic fruits and splashes of vanilla in their dishes, expect the unexpected from the best restaurants in Mauritius.
- Give some Mauritian fusion food a try, or take advantage of the delicious fresh fish and seafood, caught from the Indian Ocean that very same day.
- If you’re looking for an authentic culinary experience, eat like the locals do; head over to Rose Hill and grab yourself a dholl puri or two from a street vendor.
- When the sun goes down and you’re ready to make the most of your evening, head to Port Louis or Grand Baie for a gourmet meal.
Mauritius family holidays are the best of both worlds; there are plenty of fun-filled adventures for the kids and never-ending relaxation opportunities for the adults.
- Splash around all day in the sparkling waters Mauritius is famous for. The island’s beaches are the perfect place for parents to laze the afternoon away while the kids build sandcastles, wade in the clear seas and play beach games.
- Some of the best hotels in Mauritius for families offer comprehensive kids’ entertainment programmes. Your little ones will have plenty of fun activities to enjoy while the adults soak up some well-deserved sun!
- You’ll love exploring the island’s natural beauty as a family. On the west coast lies Yemen Natural Reserve Park, where you can hike through the forest and see wild boars, macaque monkeys and fruit bats.
- Get closer to marine life by planning a whale watching experience, swimming with the dolphins or gearing up for snorkelling or scuba diving.
- Other top Mauritius attractions for families include a ride on a real submarine, and hiring a catamaran for cruising around the coast.
As a culturally diverse island, Mauritius is home to many distinctive art galleries, with plenty of fascinating treasures worth leaving your hotel for.
- Xavier Le Juge de Segrais was one of the most famous painters of the island, and much of his work is displayed across many of the island’s galleries today, such as the Didus Gallery in Port Louis.
- If you’re in Port Louis, take some time to visit the Mauritius Photography Museum, which displays a number of vintage cameras and projectors, along with impressive photographs of the island over the years. The museum is an enchanting way of capturing Mauritius culture and how it’s changed.
- Discover the Museum of Indian Immigration, where you’ll learn all about the rich heritage of the Indian population in Mauritius.
- Don’t forget to stop by the Natural History Museum, the oldest and most renowned museum on the island.
Nothing compares to Mauritius beaches. With plenty of choice for both sun-seekers and thrill-chasers, the soft, white sand and crystal-blue sea will definitely cater to all ages.
- The top hotels feature their own private beachfronts, which is perfect if you like the VIP lifestyle.
- Take a trip to Ile Aux Cerfs Beach, just off the east shore, and float your troubles away in the calming waters.
- No tropical island would be complete without a spa or two and Mauritius is no exception. Take your pick from some incredible spa resorts and treat yourself to a full body massage, facial or body wrap whilst unwinding to the sound of gentle waves.
- Bring natural serenity to your day by taking a trip to a secluded beach on horseback. Canter along the silky sand and bask in the incredible beauty of your surroundings.
Mauritius nightlife is truly vibrant and exciting. The island boasts a great selection of bars, clubs and beach parties, which are terrific for both couples and groups of friends.
- Grand Baie, Mauritius, is the island’s go-to area for evening entertainment. With mega clubs, international DJs and full moon parties, it’s a location that’s full of surprises.
- Beach parties are one of the best ways to let your hair down and experience island life at night. Combine the soft, white sand with pumping music and some of the best cocktails from local beach bars.
- The Banana Beach Club in Grand Baie has local specialty beers, an outdoor grill, music on the beach and an upstairs club for dancing the night away.
- The C Beach Club in Bel Ombre is the oldest beach bar on the island and holds a brunch party on the first Sunday of every month.
- For a more static night out, Lakaz Cascavelle is the place for you. Enjoy a stunning meal here before the venue transforms into a lively club with fantastic DJs.
- Beer connoisseurs will love Lambic, a beer bar in Port Louis with your choice of 30 different beers to try. It’s housed in a 19th century colonial house.
- Your hotel will probably feature some entertainment of its own too, which is perfect for chilled evenings after a day at the beach or for families with young children.
Mauritius is a popular honeymoon destination because of its picture-perfect romantic settings. This island is a wonderful place to relax with your significant other and let the sparks fly!
- Mauritius all inclusive, adult-only resorts are a great way to combine convenience and luxury with the best aspects of island life. Feel like a VIP in one of many 5-star hotels and resorts in this tropical paradise.
- Some of the most romantic things to do in Mauritius include long walks at sunset on white, sandy beaches, late night swimming in the refreshing tropical seas, luxury couples' pampering and treatments at the incredible spas, and gourmet meals in some of Mauritius’ finest restaurants.
- More adventurous couples will love the marine experiences available, like scuba diving, snorkelling and swimming with the dolphins, as well as the hiking opportunities through the island's lush, green forests.
- For a real taste of luxury, hire a catamaran and cruise around the coast – they’re perfect for accessing some of the more secluded beaches.
- Take a romantic stroll through one of the markets and buy unique souvenirs and gifts for each other (and loved ones back home if you’re feeling generous!).
- Of course, you can also simply stay at your resort and make the most of the fabulous entertainment and hotel bars.
People also ask
Can you fly direct to Mauritius?
Direct flights are available from the UK to Mauritius.
What should I wear in Mauritius?
Mauritius adopts a relaxed and casual approach to what you wear, but many hotels have a smarter dress code, particularly in the evenings. Do some research on your chosen hotel or resort for more information on dress codes.
What is the main religion in Mauritius?
Hinduism is the main religion in Mauritius, closely followed by Christianity.
Is Mauritius expensive?
When you factor flights, accommodation, excursions and activities into your holiday, it can add up. However, there are plenty of options to suit all budgets, so don't knock this beautiful island off your wishlist before you've delved into the available packages.