MUR: Mauritian rupee
Mauritius Holidays 2021
Powder-white beaches and volcanic mountain backdrops set the scene on holidays in Mauritius. Combined with luxury resorts, lush forests and multicultural cuisine, welcome to a slice of heaven on earth.
From the colonial capital to colourful reefs and golf courses, Mauritius holidays offer a little bit of everything good. The island nation rests off the southeast coast of Africa and palm-fringed beaches are the top draw. It’s no surprise, therefore, that this is one of the world’s top destinations for honeymoons at plush resorts.
Adventure activities in Mauritius
Dive into sapphire seas to experience abundant marine life, shipwrecks and colourful corals. The island’s mountainous interior is dotted with waterfalls and gorges for hikes through the wilderness. Thrill- seekers launch into canyoning, zip lining and quad biking. A tropical climate ensures year-round warm weather, so any time is a good time to pack your bags for an island adventure.
Why book Mauritius holidays
Discover the best beaches
We love the long stretch of Flic en Flac beach, the sugary sands of Riambel Beach, and unspoilt La Cambuse Beach
Fine dining scene
Indulge in fine-dining venues, poolside sushi, beachfront grills & glamorous sunset cocktail bars
Lush natural wonders
You can hike up Le Pouce Mountain, admire the cascading Chamarel Waterfall or walk through colourful Ebony Forest Reserve
Fab shopping scene
Shop ’til you drop at the famous Le Caudan Waterfront
Popular with couples
From serious pampering at a resort spa to glorious sunsets, Mauritius offers a romantic escape with an elegant flair
Great national parks
Explore the rolling emerald hills of Black River Gorges National Park...and fall in love along the way!
Top resorts in Mauritius
Balaclava in Mauritius, Indian OceanFrom £2,061 per person
Blessed with some of the most beautiful beaches on the entire island of Mauritius, Belle Mare is a relaxed, family-friendly …From £916 per person
Flic en Flac is a lively resort on the west coast of Mauritius, which overlooks a stunning, sheltered beach that …From £660 per person
Trou d'Eau Douce
Trou d'Eau Douce in Mauritius, Indian OceanFrom £897 per person
Trou aux Biches
Set on one of the most spectacular beaches on the island of Mauritius, Trou aux Biches is the perfect resort …From £735 per person
Pereybere in Mauritius, Indian OceanFrom £1,054 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Mauritius holidays
Top 5 things to do in Mauritius
Though Mauritius is a favourite destination for couples escapes, there’s plenty to do for everyone on family holidays and solo sojourns.
- Mauritius is a shopping paradise and the famous Le Caudan Waterfront is the place to indulge. Along with a wide range of stores, you’ll find restaurants, cinemas, a casino and events throughout the year.
- If you love kitesurfing, Le Morne Beach is considered among the top spots in the world. Ride the wind on a backdrop of crystal-clear water and white sands. Don’t forget your snorkel to step straight off the beach and into underwater magic.
- One of the most popular beaches, Flic en Flac is a long stretch lined with restaurants, hotels and shops. Enjoy a range of water sports and shady trees for picnics.
- Just off the east coast of Mauritius, Ile aux Cerfs is encircled by sparkling lagoons and sandy beaches. It’s also the home of an 18-hole championship golf course and plenty of activities.
- If you’re travelling with the family, Pereybere Beach features the safe, shallow waters you’re looking for. While you laze on the white sand, the kids can have fun with pedalos, parasailing and kayaking.
Natural wonders in Mauritius
No matter where you look on holidays in Mauritius, you’ll come face to face with stunning natural beauty.
- The biggest on the island, Black River Gorges National Park is a haven of lush forest, lakes and rolling hills. Take a day trip to spot endangered birds, deer and macaque monkeys while you’re trekking.
- At a peak of 812 metres, Le Pouce Mountain is one of the highest in Mauritius. Hike to the summit through exotic plants for incredible panoramas across the island.
- Chamarel Waterfall plunges 95 metres in a single drop. The mighty rush is fed by three streams and you’ll reach the viewpoint via a scenic trail through dense forest. Take the three-hour trek to the base for a swim.
- A dramatic mountain jutting out into the Indian Ocean, Le Morne Brabant was once used as a shelter by runaway slaves. You can hike to the top of the UNESCO-listed site.
- Take the leafy, raised walkways through the Ebony Forest Reserve and you might just spot native birds, like the Mauritius Bulbul. The exhibition centre highlights natural history across eight million years.
What our local experts say
Where is hot in January?
Where is hot in January? Our guide to the top 10 destinations for winter sun will help you choose where to take your unforgettable January holiday. At loveholidays.com, our great-value all-inclusive holidays, late deals and low deposits make holidays affordable, so why not beat the winter blues this year ...Continue reading
Best places to holiday in October
Beat the onset of winter blues by booking your October holiday! Whether you’re taking the kids away for half term, want to flop by the pool with your friends, or relax with your partner, we’ve got the best October destinations covered at loveholidays.com. There’s sunshine aplenty ...
Most popular Mauritius hotels
Your Mauritius questions answered
This sun-kissed destination is lovely year-round, so it all depends on how hot you like your holiday to be! The hot, humid summer season runs from November to April. May to October is dry and sunny with average highs of 22°C.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 22:31 25 February 2021