Discover Matagorda holidays 2021
Combine peace and action on holidays in Matagorda. A tranquil seaside escape on Lanzarote’s southeastern coast, five minutes from the bright lights of Puerto del Carmen.
Looking for a Spanish seaside town where you can get away from it all but stay within arm’s reach of the greatest attractions? No problem! Matagorda, located just down the coast from the buzzing resort of Puerto del Carmen, is package holiday perfection. Dreamy beaches, popular hotels, incredible sea life and year-round sunshine make this corner of the Canary Islands a glorious getaway.
Popular hotels in Matagorda
After busy days soaking up the Canarian sun, where better to lay your head than in the excellent accommodation in Matagorda? Much quieter than its cosmopolitan neighbours, you’ll find all inclusive hotels, beautiful resorts and seafront apartments where rest and relaxation are your only priorities. Oh, and jumping into turquoise swimming pools of course!
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Matagorda holidays
It may be small, but its prime position means you’ll never be at a loss for memory making on holiday in Matagorda.
- For the ultimate sunshine stroll, make a beeline for the beachfront promenade. Connecting to Puerto del Carmen in the west and Arrecife in the east, the easy walk is lined with shops, cafes and palm trees.
- Hop in the saddle and explore Matagorda’s coast by bike. Dedicated cycle lanes and blessedly flat seafront paths promise an exhilarating, and accessible, day out.
- Delve into the area’s volcanic past and boozy present on a wine tour of Lanzarote’s remarkable black ash vineyards. There’s a beer tour too, if wine doesn’t whet your appetite.
- Squeeze in a city break during your island escape. Take a day trip to Arrecife and admire the ancient sea castles, local markets and laidback town squares of this historic capital.
- Don your glad rags for an epic night out in neighbouring Puerto del Carmen. A vibrant selection of karaoke bars, Irish pubs, and flashing discos where you can dance ‘til dawn.
Adventure in Matagorda
While Matagorda invites you to kick back and relax, there’s plenty for thrill seekers right on the doorstep.
- Don’t miss the chance to traverse the awe-inspiring terrain of Timanfaya National Park. Volcanic peaks, sweeping craters and scorched lava fields can be toured by foot, car or camel!
- Scuba diving is rightly popular on this Spanish island. Encounter rich marine life and submerged wrecks during a diving trip – The Dive Shop by Matagorda beach is a favourite.
- Formed by spewing lava over 3,000 years ago, Cueva de los Verdes is a cave network in the north of the island. Six kilometres of narrow passages are connected by illuminated caverns.
- You may not be able to walk on the moon, but the next best thing is close by. Los Volcanes Natural Park was home to the last volcanic eruption on Lanzarote and is strewn with otherworldly lava formations.
- Set in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, the Canary Islands are much loved by windsurfers. Matagorda beach’s smooth waters and easterly winds entice beginners and pros alike.
Your Matagorda questions answered
Boasting sunshine all year round, holidays in Matagorda are a delight at any time of year. Summer holidays and winter sun make these seasons especially popular, while spring and autumn tend to be quieter.
Top Matagorda hotels
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 11:49 21 January 2021