MAD: Moroccan dirham
Marrakech Holidays 2021
Palaces, colourful souks and snake charmers rest at the foot of the Atlas Mountains in Marrakech. A myriad of sounds, sights and smells enchant the senses in this exotic land.
One of Morocco’s four imperial cities, Marrakech was founded almost a thousand years ago. An intoxicating mishmash of narrow streets, lively hawkers and fragrant spices greet you in the ancient medina. After exciting days of sightseeing, lavish riads cocoon you in the serenity of cool, lush courtyards and lavish furnishings. Ready to explore a real-life version of Aladdin’s Cave?
A shopper’s paradise
Sip a cup of mint tea and haggle over vintage carpets, leather bags and exquisite lamps in the souks of the Marrakech medina. In the new town, Gueliz, sparkling showrooms and independent boutiques invite you to empty your wallet at first sight. With sunny weather nearly all year-round, this is a place to get happily lost as you walk among unique treasures and fabled stories of the past.
Why book Marrakech holidays
Top attractions to visit
Visit the lush Jardin Majorelle and the lively Jemaa el-Fnaa in the heart of the medina!
Must-visit historical sites
Ancient Bab Agnaou, the Saadian Tombs and Dar El Bacha
Sample the local food
Don't miss out on Moroccon delicasies such as tender lamb tagine with a side of fluffy couscous
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Jemaa el-Fnaa - the beating heart of Marrakech with its colourful market stalls
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Yes! There are some trendy nightclubs and bars to visit in Marrakech
Rest & relaxation
Savour your time away with hammam and spa visits
Cheap holidays to Marrakech
The hustle and bustle of Marrakech continues to draw tourists in and with our cheap holidays, you've got even more reason to enjoy trips to Morocco's top city!
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Marrakech holidays
Things to do
Marrakech holidays bring the romance to honeymoons, the wonder to family breaks and the fun for thrill-seekers. Pack your sense of adventure and dive into an inspirational world of things to do.
- Meander across shady pathways lined with exotic plants and bubbling streams at Jardin Majorelle. The passion project of French painter, Jacques Majorelle, showcases spectacular gardens and the electric blue Islamic Art Museum.
- The eye-catching Palacio de Bahia was built in the late 19th century for the personal use of the Grand Vizier of the Sultan. Today’s historical museum features a harem and intricate marquetry.
- Designed by artist, André Heller, Anima Garden blends art and nature in a magical environment of wildflowers, water features and fantastical sculptures.
- Le Jardin Secret is a stunning oasis located in a resurrected palace complex. Two linked gardens feature plants from across the globe, trickling fountains and a sunny roof terrace.
- A mind-boggling jumble of twisting alleys, fragrant scents and traditional Arab markets, the Medina of Marrakech offers a colourful onslaught of experiences. Get off the beaten path to discover hidden corners of authentic local life.
- Jemaa el-Fnaa is the lively heart of the medina. A dynamic hub of street theatre and hawker stalls by day, the action really kicks off at sunset when food stall grills fire up and musicians join the flutes of snake charmers.
- Journey back in time as you admire thousands of original photographs taken between 1870 and 1950. The private collection at Maison de la Photographie documents the social, cultural and technological changes of Morocco.
- You’ll hear the calls to prayer from the soaring minaret of Koutoubia Mosque. It’s the largest mosque in Marrakech and the design inspired buildings such as the Giralda in Seville.
- A spectacular model of riad architecture, Dar El Bacha was built for the Lord of the Atlas, the ruler of Marrakech from 1912 to 1956. Exhibits include a hammam and a 12th-century Mediterranean map.
- Delve into the glamorous world of haute couture at the Yves Saint Laurent Museum. The collection of clothing and accessories spans 40 years of the famous French fashion designer’s work.
Marrakech Top Attraction: History and Culture
Founded in 1062, several dynasties contributed to extraordinary monuments and traditions that make Marrakech a history buff’s dream.
- Originally built as the burial ground for the sixth Sultan of the Saadi Dynasty, the Saadian Tombs are a sumptuous display of wood carvings, domed ceilings and colourful tile mosaics. Two main mausoleums contain 66 tombs and rose gardens feature graves of the royal household.
- Established for more than four centuries, the Ben Youssef Madrasa housed around 900 students at its peak. It was among the largest theological colleges in North Africa. You’ll discover historic dormitory rooms and Islamic art in the central courtyard.
- Huge hanging lanterns, carved ceilings and ornamental doorways decorate the grand former palace that houses the Museum of Marrakech. Discover books, pottery and art representing Moroccan Jewish, Arab and Berber cultures.
- Get your camera ready for a shot beneath the giant horse-shaped archway of Bab Agnaou. Constructed in the 12th century, it’s one of the city’s original gates that provided access to the Royal Kasbah.
- Learn about the distillation of floral waters, along with medicinal and aromatic plants used for hammam rituals, at the Perfume Museum. Sign up for a workshop to create your own.
What our local experts say
Local guide: 48 hours in Marrakech
Marrakech is one of the most alluring cities in Morocco. It is known as the Red City for its rosy-hued walls and buildings, which seem to glow at sunset, and is dramatically set against the Atlas Mountains. Only 3 and a half hours by plane from the UK, it feels ...Continue reading
Where to go on holiday in April
By the time April rolls around, you’re probably dreaming of a holiday somewhere with guaranteed sunshine. At loveholidays.com, we’ve come up with a fantastic choice of destinations that will help you decide where to go for your April 2018 holiday. Perhaps you’d like to visit the ...
Best places to holiday in October
Beat the onset of winter blues by booking your October holiday! Whether you’re taking the kids away for half term, want to flop by the pool with your friends, or relax with your partner, we’ve got the best October destinations covered at loveholidays.com. There’s sunshine aplenty ...
Most popular Marrakech hotels
Your Marrakech questions answered
Fly to Marrakech Menara airport with airlines including British Airways, easyJet, Royal Air Maroc and Iberia. Direct flight times range between three and four hours, depending on your departure airport.
Top Marrakech hotels
5 Star Hotels
- Sofitel Marrakech Lounge & Spa
- Les Jardins de la Koutoubia
- Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa
- Kenzi Club Agdal Medina
- Mogador Palace Agdal
- Kenzi Menara Palace & Resort
- Eden Andalou Suites, Aquapark & Spa
- Hotel Du Golf
- Palm Plaza Hôtel & Spa
- Es Saadi Marrakech Resort Hotel
- Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial
- Fellah Hotel
- Barcelo Palmeraie
- Riad & Spa Esprit Du Maroc
- Movenpick Hotel Mansour Eddahbi Marrakech
- Les Jardins de L Agdal
- Riad Moullaoud
- Palais El Miria
- Palm Appart Club Marrakech
- Radisson Blu Hotel Marrakech Carré Eden
- Savoy le Grand Hotel
- Be Live Collection Marrakech
4 Star Hotels
- Opera Plaza Hotel
- Red Hotel Marrakech
- Aqua Fun Club
- El Andalous Lounge & Spa Hotel
- Diwane Hotel
- Club Paradisio Zalagh Resort and Spa
- LABRANDA Targa Club Aquapark
- Novotel Marrakech Hivernage
- Les Jardins De Zyriab Resort & Spa
- La Renaissance Hotel
- Ona Marrakech Ryads and Spa
- Iberostar Club Palmeraie Marrakech
- Las Palmeras
- Hotel Marrakech le Tichka
- Riad la Maison Des Oliviers
- Imperial Plaza Hotel & Spa
- Riad Jonan
- Kech Boutique Hotel & Spa
- LABRANDA Rose Aqua Parc
- Hotel Marrakech Le Semiramis
- Kasbah Le Mirage
- Dellarosa Boutique Hotel
- Hôtel Meriem
- Ryad Amiran & Spa
- Hotel Rawabi Marrakech (ex. Rawabi Marrakech Hotel & Spa)
- Palais Sebban
- Imperial Holiday Hôtel & spa
- Riad 58 Blu
- Mogador MENZAH
- Medina Gardens (Adults Only)
- Aqua Mirage Club
- Riad Nerja Hotel
- Blue Sea Le Printemps
- Riad Haraka
- Caravan Serai
- Hotel Club Madina Marrakech
- Club Dar Atlas
- Wazo Hôtel
- Hotel Ayoub and Spa
- Be Live Experience Marrakech Palmeraie - All Inclusive
- Riad Ghali & SPA
- Zalagh Kasbah Hotel & Spa
- Riad Zineb
- Riad Karmela
- Dar Si Aissa Suites & Spa
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 08:06 27 January 2021