Maribor at a Glance
The second largest city in Slovenia and the largest in the region of Lower Styria, Maribor has a surprisingly provincial ambience. The peaceful town is however filled to the brim with arresting scenery, historical landmarks, and local culture. Book a trip to Maribor now and you’ll be introduced to a charming and genuine piece of Europe.
You'll Love Maribor if...
- You’re happy to immerse yourself in an unaffected piece of eastern Europe.
- You’re after a quiet, scenic and absorbing break with a loved one.
- You want to introduce the family to something out of the ordinary and totally inspiring.
Perfect Family Holidays to Maribor
A great undiscovered destination for any adventurous family. Outdoorsy and active yet sophisticated, historical and cultured. Every member of the family will find inspiration in this remarkable destination.
- For an energetic outing on your Maribor holiday, visit the Maribor Island swimming pools. A simple sandy bank and a dammed portion of the Drava River, the destination makes for a pretty good seaside alternative.
- An architectural and spiritual marvel within the city is the Cathedral of ST John the Baptiste. Dating back to the 13 th century, the cathedral exhibits numerous architectural styles from Romanesque to Gothic.
- Perhaps not one for the kids but certainly something to entertain the grownups on a holiday to Maribor, the Vinag Wine Cellars. A remarkable visit, particularly for those fond of a good drop. The cellars stretch for 20,000 square meters and date back to the 19th century. For a more real view of Slovenia’s wine industry take a trip east along the Pristan embankment for an excursion to the Old Vine winery.
- Come evening, you won’t be left wanting for a good feed as one thing Maribor does not lack is diversity in it’s cuisine. Hunt out homey local fare or satisfy those grumbling belly’s with anything from pizza to Mexican.
Maribor Top Attractions
- The Maribor Regional Museum is housed within the Maribor Castle and offers a two for one in cultural activities within the city.
- Meander along the Drava River taking in all the sights along the way. The historical Jewish quarter, the splendid Old Vine winery and the towering Water Tower.
- The Slovenian National Theatre, Maribor, hosts the cities opera and ballet companies and has received international critical acclaim for many of its productions. If you are lucky enough to be on holiday in Maribor while a show is on then this is not to be missed.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're Fully Licensed.
Why wait?, book your perfect trip to Maribor today on loveholidays.com for a tailor made holiday that will suit all your needs and budget.