Marbella Holidays 2019
The glitzy resort of Marbella provides an awesome city break or cheap holiday. Located in Malaga along Spain’s Costa del Sol, Marbella holidays offer sunshine and warm temperatures throughout the year.
Marbella is best-known for its golden sand beaches like the famous Playa la Fontanilla as well as its buzzing party vibes. Relax in Andalusian comfort, admire the Moorish architecture intermingling with modern luxury and gulp up the glamour of Marbella holidays, all whilst resting your head in some of the best luxury hotels in the world.
With cheap flights available and a range of luxury Marbella hotels and resorts, the ultimate Marbella holiday is just a short journey away.
At a glance
- Time Zone: GMT +
- Average flight time: 2h 55m
When to go
(°C) Avg. High Temp
Things to do in Marbella
Often considered Spain’s answer to France’s St. Tropez, Marbella holidays are famous for their luxury. Despite this there are still lots of fun things to do while keeping your holiday cheap.
- Paseo Maritimo – This boardwalk not only takes you towards the Puerto Banus Marina, but it also offers you amazing views of the coastline. Perfect for peace and tranquillity.
- Puerto Banus – Known for its stunning marina, you’ll find a range of boats and yachts on show. As well as plenty of restaurants to enjoy a lovely lunch or dinner.
- Plaza de los Naranjos – This historic plaza gets its name from its abundance of orange trees. Aside from that, there are quaint shops and restaurants to enjoy in the square.
- Alameda Park – If you fancy a spot of shade and relaxation during your day out and about in Marbella, this is the perfect place.
- Sierra Blanca – For a moment out of the glitzy bustle of the town centre head up into Sierra Blanca for a day of hiking and scenic bliss. We recommend La Concha, the views are incredible!
Marbella family holidays
Marbella, although known for its glitz, glamour and high-rolling parties, also offers a lot to a family seeking a relaxing getaway in Spain. Pick the right hotel and your kids will be looked after by the entertainment teams, can splash and play in the pool and make friends in Kids’ Clubs. Don’t forget the beaches. There’s 23 remember? So, you’ll be sure to find a comfy spot for your whole family to settle down and get relaxing, playing, digging, swimming, reading, lounging or whatever it may be that you fancy. Playa de Alicate’s wide beaches and calm seas are perfect for a family holiday.
Too much sand? Impossible! But there’s always the reliable Aqualand in Torremolinos as well as the Torremolinos Crocodile Park. For a day-trip of exploration and fun, an hour’s drive up the Costa del Sol will take you to Benalmadena, known for the Tivoli World Theme Park.
Top family-friendly hotels:
Marbella history and culture
Culture in Marbella, like the holidaymakers that grace its golden sands, is a mixed assortment of many international flavours. These days Marbella is known for its glitzy lifestyle, but with money comes art, and with art comes more art. Visit the popular Municipal Exposition Gallery or the Casa Grande Gallery, both of which attract patrons from across the globe and offer up a palette of regularly changing exhibitions.
If you’re visiting in June don’t miss the Marbella Arts Festival, a massive art-based street festival. You should check out the Ralli Museums for a taste of fantastic and contemporary Latin Art, or the Spanish Contemporary Engravings Museum, a top attraction in Marbella’s old town. Experience art in motion at the Black Box Theatre and uncover the many public art installations hidden among Marbella’s winding streets. And remember, Marbella’s history dates to 1600 BC, so keep your eyes peeled for ancient architecture whilst you wander the streets that generations and generations of people have traversed before you.
Unless you try and hide, the nightlife is bound to find you in Marbella. The Golden Mile bursts with life every night, Monday through Sunday, as the party waits for no one on the Costa del Sol. Begin in Marbella Old Town, which is famed for its romantic atmosphere and the buzzing energy of its street-side bars.
For the most exclusive nightlife Marbella has to offer, head to Puerto Banus. The summer season in Marbella starts a rippling effect of pumping parties and lively nightclubs and Puerto Banus is where you’ll find a younger crowd and tons of venues. ASTRAL cocktail bar offers some insanely creative cocktails, the Ocean Club is the place to beat if you’re looking for a classy pool party and Patrick’s 19th is the best place to have a drink and watch the fast-paced pulse of Marbella’s party area.
Sun-drenched Marbella has ridiculous beach prestige. There’s a wide variety of sandy shores to choose from during your holiday. In fact, there are 23 beaches in total along the 27km of coastline!
- Bounty Beach – The youngest and most popular place to be(ach) in 2019 is Bounty Beach, which is the name of the club situated on the Playa del Cable.
- Playa de Rio Real – For something a little more laidback, but equally as beautiful, this beach provides the same golden sands and blue seas with some extra water sports and activities.
- Playa de Alicate – This beach is popular with locals and visitors thanks to its spacious sands and amenities.
- Playa Real de Zaragoza – Well-known for its particularly clean waters. Plus, with chiringuitos nearby, you’ll have everything you possibly need from a beach.
- Nikki Beach – The most exclusive Marbella beach experience can be found here. Famous all over the world for the big names it has attracted, and the glitzy parties are thrown nearby.
Marbella couples holidays
Walk hand in hand along the Paseo Maritimo boardwalk and dream of the first mega-yacht you’ll buy in Puerto Banus, which 5-star resort along the Costa del Sol you’ll stay in next and where you should park the future Rolls Royce.
Don’t worry – you don’t need mega-money enjoy a romantic holiday in Marbella. The Costa del Sol is a land designed for the dreamer and there’s no end to the romantic haunts, balcony views and candlelit dinners available in Marbella, whatever your budget. Wander the twisting streets of Marbella Old Town until you stumble across the Plaza de los Naranjos, explore the Sierra Blanca’s beautiful countryside in tranquil seclusion and lounge, side by side, on the Playa de Rio Real. Plus, there’s a reason why Marbella is known as a honeymoon hotspot: the idyllically romantic hotels, excellent restaurants and shopping, all bathed in the constant Spanish sun. What more could you want for your couples getaway?
Top couples hotels:
Finding a place to eat in Marbella is like being handed a delicious tray of goodies and not knowing which one to pick first. The cuisine here is obviously international and there’s literally something to try from most corners of the globe. Most resorts and hotels along the Golden Mile offer comprehensive menus representing a wide range of delicious dishes. You’ll find and array of cuisines to try from Mediterranean to Argentinian.
Top restaurants in Marbella include:
- Paco Jiménez – Named after a top Andalusian chef, you’ll get to try the very best of Spanish cuisine here, from racks of lamb to flavoursome crab.
- El Cortijo – Found just off of Plaza de los Naranjos, El Cortijo serves up delicious Spanish tapas.
- La Taberna del Pintxo – You’ll find hot and cold tapas options on the menu here. There are also tasty desserts and great wine options to look forward to.
- Garum – Located along Paseo Maritimo, Garum shares fantastic views of the sea and a lovely outside terrace.
- El Lago – Expect views of the Elviria Hills, Greenlife Golf course and a stunning lake. Oh, and don’t forget the best of Andalusian cuisine.
People also ask
Which airport do you fly into for a Marbella holiday?
In order to reach Marbella, you will fly into Malaga Airport.
How long is the flight from the UK to Marbella?
The average flight time is 2 hours 40 minutes.
Which part of Spain is Marbella in?
Marbella is in the province of Malaga which sits along the Costa del Sol on Spain’s southern coast.