Magical Malia holidays 2021
Sitting on Crete’s northern coast, Malia is a buzzing little town with big personality. It’s the nightlife that draws so many here, but beyond that you’ll find a fascinating Old Town and much more.
With something of a festival atmosphere throughout summer, Malia is a party destination. Nightclubs and bars and boat parties are the main events here, and of course the soft sandy stretches of beach. Summers are hot and lively, while late autumn and early spring bring a more sedate feel and offer the chance to bag cheap Malia holidays outside of peak season.
History in Malia
Beyond the pulsating clubs and bars, Malia has an ancient side well worth seeking out. Settlement here dates back to the Minoan times when it was the Kingdom of Sarpedon. Fascinating ruins just east of the town reveal a vast, ancient palace where numerous treasures were discovered, including a famous golden bee pendant – now an emblem of the Minoan period in Crete.
Why book Malia holidays
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Best-known for its party scene, Malia is brimming with neon-lit clubs, lively bars, foam parties and more
Discover the best beaches
Malia Beach is the perfect place to spend your days lazing about, plus there are bars nearby if you fancy a refresher
Fun water parks
Cool off from the heat with a trip to the nearby waterpark
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Malia holidays
Holidays in Malia offer sun, sea, sand and an opportunity to explore some of Crete’s best highlights.
- Take a stroll around Malia’s Old Town. Around 1km from the beach, this warren of twisting alleyways, where foliage tumbles from balconies over pretty stone houses, is an atmospheric historic area.
- Have a wild night out on the strip. The hedonistic centre of Malia, located on Dimokratias Street, is packed with bars and thumping clubs that’ll have you dancing all night long.
- Take a day trip to Psychro Cave, a subterranean, ethereal underworld of dramatic rock formations and emerald hued pools.
- Take Malia’s Happy Train out to some of Crete’s more traditional towns and villages. The 90-minute excursion takes you inland to the mountains to see quintessential Cretan life.
- Soak up some Greek culture by visiting the oldest church in Malia, Panagia Galatiani, which was constructed using mud and milk from local animals. Also don’t miss the stunning murals inside the Orthodox church of Agios Nektariosa.
Adventure in Malia
A veritable adventure playground, Malia holidays can satisfy even the hardiest adrenaline junkie with plenty of outdoor activities.
- Get behind the wheel and take a quad bike tour of the countryside surrounding Malia. You can zoom around off road up into the mountains and along the coast, enjoying brilliant views of the island.
- With such sweltering weather, Crete’s many water parks make a fantastic day out to cool off. Head to Watercity near Heraklion for thrilling slides, crazy water bowls and splash pools galore.
- Get out into nature in Crete’s Samaria Gorge. The 16km walk along the gorge is a brilliant adventure, where you might see wild goats and enjoy the scent of wildflowers in spring.
- Mountainous Crete is a hiker’s paradise. Get yourself a map or invest in a guide for the day and strike out from Malia into the mountains inland. You could ascend the Timios Stavros, the highest peak at 2,546 metres, or walk along the Sfakia coast.
- Want to get your thrills on the water? There are plenty of great watersports on offer in Malia, from parasailing to wakeboarding and jet skiing.
Most popular Malia hotels
Your Malia questions answered
Top Malia hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
- Newcastle Studios
- Aegean Sky Hotel and Suites
- Malia Mare Hotel
- Triton Garden
- Happy Days Studios
- Real Palace Studios
- Kristalli Hotel Apartments
- Danelis Apartments
- Philoxenia Hotel & Spa
- Primavera Beach Apartments
- King Village
- Hotel Malia Holidays
- Marianna Studios
- Villa Diasselo Aparthotel
- Hotel Triton
- Yiannis Manos Resort Hotel
- Maria Rousse
- Hermes Hotel Malia
- Stelios Residence Apartments
- 24 Seven Boutique Hotel
- Eltina Apartments
- Sarpidon Apartments
- Dedalos Hotel
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 21:55 20 January 2021