MVR: Maldivian rufiyaa
The Maldives is the perfect setting for a dreamy, sun-soaked getaway. Located in the Indian Ocean, and made up of 1200 separate coral islands, this tropical paradise is all about white sand beaches, impossibly blue seas, and luxury resorts – many of which are set on their own island.
Maldives holidays are perfectly suited to couples – especially newlyweds seeking an ideal honeymoon. This beautiful destination is also popular for all inclusive retreats, and for adventurers seeking the ultimate snorkelling or scuba diving trip.
No matter what you’re looking for in your Maldives holiday, you’ll find it with us. We can offer everything from romantic couples' getaways to fun family breaks, and adventure holidays packed with watersports and activities. Your trip can suit your budget, with cheap Maldives holidays available, as well as more lavish options. Start browsing our Maldives resorts today to plan the holiday of a lifetime.
Maldives at a glance
Snorkelling in the Maldives is a once-in-a-lifetime experience you’ll always remember!
Perfect for watersports
From water flying to parasailing, kitesurfing and windsurfing, you’ll never have a boring moment in the waters here
Rest & relaxation
Indulge in a spa treatment to fully rejuvenate the senses
Popular with couples
Nothing says romance quite like watching the Maldives’ pink sunsets hand in hand
Explore the city
Discover the colourful capital Male & immerse yourself into the vibrant local culture
Sample the local food
Think copious amounts of delicious fresh fish and mild curries
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Maldives
Top attractions in the Maldives
Though it may be most famous as a beach destination, there are plenty of things to do in the Maldives that'll keep you entertained.
- As a destination for romance, the Maldives scores highly. Book a holiday here and you can enjoy couple's massages, candlelit dinners on the beach, and sunset boat cruises.
- Scuba diving and snorkelling are two of the most popular activities for tourists visiting the Maldives. Considered one of the finest diving spots in the world, the Maldives is the ideal place to swim with sharks, dive on a coral reef, or float among the tropical fish.
- With so many fantastic beaches on offer, watersports are a must! The calm, clear waters are the perfect place to try your hand at paddle boarding, kayaking or sailing.
- The lively capital of Malé is a great place to explore the culture of the Maldives. Wander through the bustling markets, immerse yourself in history at the National Museum, and pay a visit to the 17th century Old Friday Mosque.
- Maafushi is the youngest and hippest island in the Maldives, a cosmopolitan melting pot famed for its backpacker scene and floating bars. A day trip here is a must!
Beaches in the Maldives
There’s a reason why Maldives beaches are famous around the world. Plan a getaway here and you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to sunbathing spots!
- Over a hundred islands in the Maldives boast resorts, along with stretches of glorious white sand beach. You'll also find calm lagoons and coral reefs, which are abundant with aquatic life.
- Beach activities and facilities vary from resort to resort, but you can expect to find plenty of sun beds and parasols – not to mention bar service – making it very easy to simply stretch out and relax in the sun.
- Watersports are a big part of the beach scene in the Maldives. While the scuba diving and snorkelling are outstanding, you can also enjoy other activities such as sunset fishing, sailing, paddle boarding and kayaking.
- If you’re in the Maldives for a romantic getaway, don’t miss the opportunity for a candlelit dinner on the beach – it’s an experience you’ll never forget!
What our local experts say
Where is hot in January?
Where is hot in January? Our guide to the top 10 destinations for winter sun will help you choose where to take your unforgettable January holiday. At loveholidays.com, our great-value all-inclusive holidays, late deals and low deposits make holidays affordable, so why not beat the winter blues this year ...Continue reading
Where is hot in March?
Sun. Beaches. Warmth. That’s what we all need at the end of a long winter! So, where is hot in March? What’s the best holiday destination with guaranteed sunshine? We’ve got all the answers here at, along with great-value all inclusive holidays, late deals and low deposits ...
May the Fourth Be With You, Star Wars Fans
4th May marks Star Wars day, the unofficial but beloved celebration enjoyed by fans all over the world. But you don’t need to visit a galaxy far, far away to see where everyone’s favourite space saga was brought to life. In honour of the occasion, we’ve taken ...
Your Maldives questions answered
Though the Maldives is a warm and sunny destination year-round, a lot of rain can fall between May and October. For the driest and sunniest weather, plan your trip between November and April.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes