EGP: Egyptian pound
Makadi Bay holidays 2021
Set around a picturesque bay on the Red Sea Riviera, holidays in Makadi Bay are a beach lover’s dream. Snorkel, jet ski and sail across the turquoise waters or simply sip your favourite cocktails by fabulous resort pools.
Just a short drive from the centre of vibrant Hurghada, Makadi Bay holidays offer a serene escape close to brilliant attractions. The custom-built beach resort boasts a buzzing waterfront lined with fantastic all-inclusive hotels. From lush golf courses to traditional bazaars and thrilling water parks, choose to do as little or as much as you like.
History and culture in Makadi Bay
If you’re a history buff, you’ll have a full itinerary exploring sites within easy distance of Makadi Bay. Discover ancient churches, atmospheric monasteries and ruins from the Roman era. Museum-hopping lets you delve into Egyptian civilization and scuba diving leads to incredible shipwrecks. No matter what time of year you visit Makadi Bay, expect sunny skies and warm seas.
Why book Makadi Bay holidays
Discover the best beaches
Make the most of the sunny days by spending your time along Makadi Bay's sandy shores
Perfect for watersports
One of the best spots for diving, explore the deep waters of Makadi Bay
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Treat yourself and go all inclusive for your Makadi Bay holiday
Rest & relaxation
It's not hard to just chill out during your trip to Makadi Bay, so take it easy and enjoy every moment
Don't miss a beat and head to the resort's championship golf course for a game or two
A fairly quiet resort with great family-friendly hotels and beaches, families love Makadi Bay!
Most popular Makadi Bay hotels
Stella Di Mare Beach Resort (ex Stella Beach Makadi Resort & Spa)
Makadi Bay, Red Sea
Your guide to Makadi Bay holidays
Top 5 things to do in Makadi Bay
You might find it hard to drag yourself away from the golden sand on Makadi Bay holidays! However, there’s plenty to do and see for every type of traveller.
- The coral forests, abundant marine life and shipwrecks of Egypt’s Red Sea attract divers and snorkellers from around the world. Makadi Bay is an ideal stepping off point for boat trips and reef explorations straight from the beach.
- Tee off at the Madinat Makadi 18-hole championship golf course. As you play, you’ll enjoy panoramic views of the ocean, mountains and beautifully landscaped grounds.
- When you’ve got the kids in tow, they’ll love the slides at Makadi Water World. Pirate sculptures and sailing ships frame around 50 water slides, water cannons, a wave pool and a relaxing lagoon area.
- The open-air Makadi Mall is a must for shopaholics, with charming boutiques surrounded by Moorish-style decor.
- Discover Bedouin culture with a barbecue dinner in the desert after a 4 x 4 ride through the sand dunes. While you learn about the Bedouin lifestyle and eat delicious Egyptian food, you’ll watch the spectacular sunset.
Outdoor adventures in Makadi Bay
If you’re an outdoor enthusiast on holidays to Makadi Bay, gear up for non-stop adventures on and off the water.
- Always wanted to get your scuba diving certificate? Makadi Bay offers several dive centres with PADI instructors to help make your underwater dreams come true.
- Whether it’s along the water’s edge or through rolling desert dunes, camel rides are at the top of the list of things to do in Makadi Bay.
- If you love kite or windsurfing, Hurghada is celebrated as a hotspot with fantastic conditions. Head to Soma Bay and El Gouna to play with the pros. You’ll find plenty of kitesurfing schools to get you going.
- Makadi Bay water sports centres deliver all your favourite watery thrills. Soar high with parasailing, zoom around on jet skis and explore the coast on pedal boats.
- For hiking and rock climbing, venture inland to the Red Sea Mountains. Follow a network of ancient trails with local Bedouin guides and traverse some of Egypt's highest summits.
Makadi Bay weather
Your Makadi Bay questions answered
You’ll enjoy sunny skies and warm temperatures year-round on Makadi Bay holidays. The best times to visit are from April to June and between September and November, when high temperatures hover around a pleasant 25°C.
Top Makadi Bay hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 13:04 13 April 2021