Captivating coves, dramatic mountains and Mediterranean flavours greet holidaymakers in Majorca. The largest of the Balearics ticks all the boxes for an idyllic paradise island escape.
Holidays to Majorca are a beach lover’s dream and a history buff’s joy. This sunny island is decorated with prehistoric sites, hilltop monasteries and charming traditional villages. When it comes to natural wonders, caves and nature parks compete with sweeping ocean views along coastal paths. As if that’s not enough, family-friendly attractions, sizzling nightlife and lively beach resorts keep everyone smiling.
Outdoor adventures in Majorca
Kayak to sea caves, dive with marine life and wakeboard across glassy waters. Majorca is made for outdoor adventure seekers, with gorges, mountains and pine forests for brilliant hiking and biking. If you’re travelling with the kids, water parks and banana boat rides bring the thrills. In terms of the weather, sultry summers and mild winters ensure it’s always a good time for adventure.
Why book Majorca holidays
Discover the best beaches
Home to some of the most desirable beaches in the Med
Enjoy family-friendly beaches, waterparks & the Palma Aquarium
Perfect for watersports
Windsurfing, kayaking, jetski, snorkelling - you name it!
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Palma's Catedral de Mallorca is the main architectural landmark
Try the local wine
Don't miss out on the delicious Mallorcan wine
Lush natural wonders
Take a guided tour of the stunning Drach Caves
Top resorts in Majorca
Holidays to Magaluf deliver sand, sun and sangria in style. Renowned as one of Majorca’s party capitals, family-friendly attractions and …From £130 per person
An atmospheric medieval town and Majorca’s longest stretch of beach await on holidays to Alcudia. This diverse region offers a …From £121 per person
Cala d'Or in Majorca, Balearic IslandsFrom £116 per person
A trio of white sand beaches set the scene on holidays in Palma Nova. This family-friendly resort puts you in …From £155 per person
Two sandy beaches and world-class golf courses rest on a mountainous backdrop in Santa Ponsa. This holiday resort is in …From £147 per person
Cales de Majorca
For a fuss-free sun, sea and sand holiday with all the amenities you’re looking for within easy reach, take a …From £229 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Majorca holidays
Top 5 things to do in Majorca
Majorca holidays bring fun in the sun for families, romance for couples escapes and attractions for culture vultures.
- With its Gothic cathedral, medieval streets and fantastic restaurants, Majorca’s capital offers a surprise around every corner. Palma dates back to the 13th-century and blends history with modern attractions for exciting city breaks.
- The Serra de Tramuntana is a UNESCO-listed mountain range that encompasses the northwest coast. Hike, bike or drive to discover waterfalls, villages, wineries and panoramic views.
- Dramatically lit in bright colours to highlight stalactites and stalagmites, the Drach Caves are one of Majorca’s incredible natural wonders. They’re also the home of one of the largest subterranean lakes in the world.
- Turquoise, shallow waters and golden sands line the Bay of Alcudia, Majorca’s biggest beach resort. After a day at the beach, stroll along the promenade to enjoy bars, shops and restaurants.
- One of the island’s prettiest villages, Deià has long been a haven for artists and writers. Explore narrow laneways, boutiques and galleries.
Historic highlights of Majorca
Over the centuries, conquerors and settlers have left their mark on Majorca with a wealth of historic attractions.
- An 18th-century flour mill houses the Museum of Son Fornes which showcases Majorca’s prehistoric talayotic civilisation. You’ll see the remains of a watchtower that dates back to 900 BC.
- The magnificent La Seu is the 14th-century Cathedral of Palma. It features the largest rose window in Europe, along with interior designs by Antoni Gaudí and Miquel Barceló.
- A circular castle located on a hillside, the 14th-century Bellver Castle is unique in Spain. It was previously home to kings and a military prison. The ground floor hosts the City History Museum.
- Visit the Royal Palace of La Almudaina, the King of Spain’s official residence for ceremonies. Originally an Islamic fort, the palace was rebuilt in Gothic style in the 14th century.
- Delve into ancient history at the Pollentia Roman ruins. Majorca’s most important archaeological site features a museum of artefacts, houses and the remnants of the Forum and theatre.
What our local experts say
Why love Majorca?
Lush nature for the explorer, vibrant culture for the history buff, and top-class clubs for the partygoers. Choose one that suits you best or sample a bit of everything to your heart’s content. When it comes to things to do, Majorca does not fail to deliver…. But then again ...Continue reading
The perfect family holiday in Majorca
It’s always great to get away with the whole family, especially when the kids are off from school and on holiday. Sometimes, a long haul destination is perfect, but other times somewhere close to home does the trick. Luckily enough, there are a vast array of top holiday destinations ...
10 surprising facts about Majorca
The biggest and most diverse of the Balearic Islands, Majorca is one of our favourite holiday destinations! As famous for its beaches – all 262 of them – as it is for its hiking, biking, nightlife, and food, it entices visitors year after year with its stunning coastline and magical ...
Most popular Majorca hotels
Your Majorca questions answered
Whether you’re taking a family break, a couples holiday or a budget adventure, Majorca has something for you. The island is most famous for stunning beaches, historic attractions and dynamic nightlife.
Top Majorca holiday destinations
Check out some of our top resorts in Majorca:
- C'an Pastilla
- Ca'n Picafort
- Cabo Blanco
- Cala Blava
- Cala Bona
- Cala d'Or
- Cala Mayor
- Cala Mesquida
- Cala Millor
- Cala Mondrago
- Cala Ratjada
- Cala San Vicente
- Cala Vinas
- Cales de Majorca
- Camp de Mar
- Colonia Sant Jordi
- Costa de los Pinos
- El Arenal
- Palma Nova
- Playa de Palma
- Port Andratx
- Portals Nous
- Porto Colom
- Porto Cristo
- Porto Petro
- Puerto de Alcudia
- Puerto de Soller
- Puerto Pollensa
- Puig de Ross
- Sa Coma
- Santa Ponsa
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 17:15 19 January 2021