Lush Lloret de Mar Holidays 2021
On the surface Lloret de Mar is for beach lovers and party animals, keen to soak up the Mediterranean rays and excellent nightlife. However, spend a little time here and you’ll realise this typical Spanish resort retains a keen sense of culture. From botanical gardens to ancient castles, exciting theme parks to fantastic festivals, a holiday in Lloret de Mar is full of surprises.
Watersport in Lloret de Mar
Watersport enthusiasts need never take off their trunks, because the seas around Lloret de Mar provide excellent windsurfing, kayaking and scuba diving all year round. Kit rental, guided tours and professional courses can be found dotted along the town’s two main Blue Flag beaches. Nothing beats a view of the coast while parasailing 50 metres up in the air!
Why book Lloret De Mar holidays
Discover the best beaches
Lloret de Mar's wide Mediterranean beaches are perfect for rest and relaxation
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Avid partygoers love a Lloret de Mar holiday thanks to its lively strip filled with bars and clubs
Cultural hotspot not to miss
The medieval Castle of Sant Joan, located on a hilltop, offers fantastic views
Go for walks and hikes along the coastline for that energising holiday feel
Sample the local food
Typical Spanish cuisine hits the spot, especially the fresh seafood
Perfect for watersports
Water skiing, parasailing, diving and catamarans are all part of the fun
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Lloret De Mar holidays
Top 5 things to do in Lloret de Mar
Looking for coastal walks, incredible architecture and unforgettable vistas? Holidays in Lloret de Mar can be as peaceful or action-packed as you like.
- Peeking out through the pines at the end of Fenals beach, the medieval Castle of Sant Joan is a lovely walk from town. Even prettier and slightly wilder, Castell d’en Plaja is the best for sunset views.
- Feel like royalty as you wander the majestic grounds of Santa Clotilde and Marimurtra Botanical Gardens. Exotic flowers and cascading vines promise pure Renaissance romance.
- During the day you’ll find typical Spanish charm around the Old Town. Narrow streets lead you between quaint cafes, white-washed buildings and packed restaurants.
- Many great coastal footpaths lead out from Lloret de Mar. From quick beach hops to long-distance hikes, get ready to discover deserted coves and local wildlife along the way.
- The Parish Church of Sant Roma is undeniably the most striking building in town. A riot of colour dating back to the 16th century, it compels you to stop and stare.
History and culture in Lloret de Mar
Immerse yourself in hundreds of years of vibrant Spanish culture on your Lloret de Mar break.
- Santa Cristina hermitage is a tiny 14th century chapel nestled in the forest above Santa Cristina beach. A marvellous spot to explore and admire the panoramic sea views.
- The Iberian ruins of Puig de Castellet are another hidden gem high in the hills. The site is small, but the outlook from this 2,000 year old settlement is phenomenal.
- Revel in local culture at one of Lloret de Mar’s annual festivals. A highlight is July’s Santa Cristina carnival, an exuberant mix of loud parades, costumes and celebrations lasting all night long.
- Set right on the Balearic Sea, Lloret de Mar’s past is entwined with the ocean. Learn about the town’s maritime history at the often overlooked Museu del Mar.
- As much a work of art as a burial place, the Modernist Cemetery is a fascinating insight into funerary art. The uniquely intricate mausoleums, shrines and sculptures are truly museum worthy.
What our local experts say
Hidden places in the Costa Brava
The Costa Brava, with its plunging ochre cliffs, verdant pine forest and turquoise coves, is easily the most beautiful stretch of coastline on the Spanish Mediterranean. It attracts hundreds of thousands of holiday-makers every year, and its biggest resorts offer gorgeous beaches and non-stop action. But, if you want to ...Continue reading
Top 10 places for a spring holiday
Winter is on the way out, so why not celebrate by planning your spring holiday? Lower prices, no crowds and plenty of sunshine make spring the perfect time to get away for a break! Whether you want to go hiking in Crete, soak up the sun in Dubai, or chill ...
Most popular Lloret De Mar hotels
Lloret de Mar weather
Your Lloret de Mar questions answered
Lloret de Mar’s Mediterranean climate means hot summer and mild winters, with July and August the busiest months. If you’re looking for warm weather without as many crowds, June and September are great times to visit.
Top Lloret De Mar hotels
4 Star Hotels
- H.TOP Royal Star & Spa Hotel
- Surf Mar Hotel
- Hotel GHT Oasis Park & SPA
- Gran Hotel Don Juan Resort
- Hotel Roger de Flor Palace
- H.TOP Royal Beach Hotel
- Hotel Garbi Park
- Rosamar Garden Resort
- Costa Encantada Aparthotel
- Maria del Mar Hotel
- Alba Seleqtta Hotel
- Marsol Hotel
- Guitart Gold Central Park Aqua Resort
- Augusta Club & Spa - Adults Only (+16)
- Hotel Mariner
- Cleopatra Spa Hotel
- Evenia Olympic Resort
- 30 Degrees Hotel Santa Cristina
- Hotel Astoria Park - Lloret de Mar
- Gran Garbi Hotel & Aquatic Park
- Hotel Xaine Park
- Rosamar & Spa Hotel
- Evenia Olympic Garden
- Hotel Santa Rosa
- Anabel Hotel
- Hotel Metropol
- Alegria Plaza Paris Hotel (ex. Fergus Style Plaza Paris Hotel)
- Rosamar Maritim Hotel
- Gran Hotel Flamingo
- H.Top Secret Lloret de Mar 4*
- Gran Garbi Mar
- Hotel Miramar
- Rosamar Es Blau
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 07:33 25 January 2021