Lixouri holidays 2019
Kefalonia’s beautiful, second largest town, Lixouri, enjoys a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, and is ideal for a relaxed family break. Sitting on the Paliki peninsula, it offers a blend of island traditions with modern convenience, its perfect for a laid back family break.
Most popular hotels in Lixouri
Apollonion Resort & Spa
La Cite Hotel
Aura Boutique Hotel
At a glance
- Time Zone: GMT +
- Average flight time: 3h 25m
When to go
(°C) Avg. High Temp
Perfect Family Holidays in Lixouri
With plenty of sights to visit, restaurants to indulge in and entertainment to see, you’ll not be short of things to do on a Lixouri holiday.
- Home to some beautiful red sand beaches, a holiday to Lixouri is great for those who want to spend their days along the coast. Lepeda beach is said to be the most superb in the area, and is ideal for little ones, with a soft sloping shelf that gently rolls into the sea.
- If you feel like keeping active and exploring the town, you can hike across the area, finding some stunning villages and breathtaking views along the way.
- Nightlife is family friendly in the resort, offering a laid back and relaxed vibe once the sun goes down. You will find a great choice of restaurants and cafes that offer some traditional evening entertainment and a fantastic range of cuisine.
- Visit during Easter and you will experience the lively and infectious atmosphere of the Lixouri Carnival. Here you’ll get to experience a traditional celebration, with fireworks, dancing, music and colourful costumes.
Top 3 Must-see Attractions in Lixouri
The laid back atmosphere of Kefalonia appeals to families who want to take things easy whilst on holiday. There are, however, some lovely attractions if you feel like exploring the town further.
- Lixouri holidays are centered around its harbour, which is a bustling area of beautiful fishing boats and traditional restaurants where you can enjoy a meal looking out over the water. It is here that you will also find the statue of Andreas Laskaratos, the famed satirical poet.
- For a cultural fix, head to the town’s public museum and library, which is a striking historic building, housing collections of manuscripts, books and icons.
- Just a short ferry ride away, it is worth taking the trip to Agostoli, the island’s capital and home to some interesting ancient sites and attractions. The Town Hall and Government house are popular sights, and Valianou Square is the perfect place to settle for a drink and watch the locals go about their day.
Book with Confidence Today
If you decide to take your holiday to Lixouri with loveholidays.com, you can benefit from a flexible service, where you choose each and every element of your stay yourself, but will save even more money when you book it all with us. We are also a Fully Licensed company.
- Luxury hotels in Lixouri
- Cheap hotels in Lixouri
- All inclusive hotels in Lixouri