Lisbon weekends & short breaks 2021
Portugal’s capital city is a hotbed of history, sightseeing and, of course, those famous custard tarts. With the Atlantic Ocean to one side and networks of characterful streets on the other, every step you take on holiday in Lisbon feels like an adventure.
If you're looking for an action-packed city break, Lisbon more than delivers. This European city is crammed with culture, from Baroque palaces to classic art museums, wild forest parks to colourful neighbourhoods. Plus, as a coastal city, it’s surrounded by some of Portugal’s best beaches too.
Amazing Views in Lisbon
Also known as the City of Seven Hills, undulating Lisbon has its fair share of incredible panoramas. Catch a neo-Gothic lift to the top of Elevador de Santa Justa, wander the remarkable Águas Livres viaduct or soak in the river views from Miradouro de Santa Luzia observation point. With views around every corner, even your daily wander can end up somewhere magnificent.
Why book Lisbon holidays
Explore the city
Portugal's hilly, coastal capital has stunning cultural remnants and a trendy vibe
Top city attractions
Castelo de S. Jorge, Jeronimos Monastery & Lisbon Cathedral
Fab shopping scene
Shop 'til you drop along Avenida da Liberdade and Praça do Comércio
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Head to Bairro Alto to experience Lisbon's lively bars, clubs and restaurants
Unmissable art scene
Lisbon is home to a thriving street art scene, check out some of the city's best work in Graça
Try the local wine
The city's best vineyards are west and north of Lisbon, known for some of Portugal's great-tasting wines
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Lisbon holidays
Top attractions in Lisbon
Lisbon is a sightseeing paradise, so get set for a spellbinding city break with something for everyone.
- Get lost in Alfama, Lisbon’s Moorish district and a maze of narrow lanes, hidden squares and artisan cafes. It’s ripe for exploring and topped by the mighty São Jorge Castle.
- Jerónimos Monastery is the jewel in Lisbon’s architectural crown. An elaborate frenzy of limestone carvings adorn this UNESCO World Heritage Site, from the decorated entrance to the vaulted ceilings.
- Perhaps Portugal’s most striking landmark, Torre de Belém is a must-see in Lisbon. The 16th century tower is an extraordinary display of Portuguese architecture throughout time.
- Portuguese tiles are renowned all over the world. Pick up your own ceramic work of art and gawp at incredible designs at the National Tile Museum.
- Did you know Lisbon has its very own protected forest? Escape into the wilderness at Monsanto Forest Park, where walking trails, picnics and panoramic views await.
Explore culture in Lisbon
You could spend all week museum-hopping on holiday in Lisbon and never get bored. Here’s the cream of the cultural crop.
- The National Museum of Ancient Art contains Portugal's finest art collection. Three floors of Old Master paintings, medieval sculptures and grand galleries stake its claim as one of Europe’s greatest museums.
- The gorgeous domes and spires of Basílica de Estrela rise up beyond Lisbon’s rooftops, enticing you towards this Baroque church. The outside is beautiful but the intricately painted interior is even better.
- Art lovers flock to Museum Gulbenkian. Exhibits range from ancient Egyptian artefacts to an exquisite room dedicated to René Lalique jewellery.
- Also known as the Sé, Lisbon Cathedral is the oldest church in the city. Breathe in history as you walk among the ancient cloisters, archeological excavations and stained glass windows.
- Mafra Palace is a day trip dream come true. Step inside the Baroque palace to discover elaborate royal residences, linked turrets, painted ceilings and a library that’ll take your breath away.
What our local experts say
The cheapest city break destinations for a last minute holiday
A city break is a fantastic way for getting your holiday fix when you’re short of time or just feel like getting away from the daily grind for a few days. And thanks to our great last minute city break deals at loveholidays, a short break doesn’t have ...
Top destinations for women travelling solo
More women than ever before are travelling solo – and why not? Travelling solo means being able to do exactly what you want, exactly when you want to do it! And it’s easier to connect with new people you’re not travelling with a partner, the family or a group ...
Most popular Lisbon hotels
Your Lisbon questions answered
Lisbon offers a city break to suit all tastes. There’s sightseeing galore, exceptional restaurants, beaches and more character than you could ever wish for. All at a fair price too!
Top Lisbon hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 10:42 19 January 2021