Lindos holidays 2021
A gorgeous little white-washed town on the coast of the Greek Island of Rhodes, Lindos is a magical place for a summer holiday by the sea.
With houses set into a steep hillside and overlooked by a gargantuan historic citadel, Lindos is as picturesque as it gets in Rhodes. The town has a population of just over 1,000 residents, but in summer it grows exponentially as travellers flock to its glittering shores for sizzling sunshine and time on the sand. Lindos holidays are all about relaxation and rejuvenation, so bring a good book and get ready to unwind the Greek way.
Nature in Lindos
Beyond the sparkling coastline in Lindos, the island of Rhodes has natural wonder in droves. Head into its mountainous interior to discover hiking trails, gorgeous viewpoints and even lakes. Gadoura Lake offers an easy trail for an afternoon stroll, or you take on something more challenging by scaling Attaviros peak, where a 750-metre ascent and stunning views will leave you breathless but grinning. For families, the Valley of the Butterflies is an exciting day out, as thousands of the winged creatures cloak tree trunks in a wooded valley.
Why book Lindos holidays
Top attractions to visit
Acropolis of Lindos, The Temple of Athena Lindia, the 14th-century Castle of the Knights of St. John
The shallow waters of Lindos Main Beach make it ideal for family holidays
Discover the best beaches
We love slightly quieter Pallas Beach with its lovely tavernas
Fab shopping scene
Find some traditional, Greek-inspired jewellery and handmade crafts
Sample the cafe culture
Lindos is a top spot for rooftop bars & cafes!
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Expect bustling evening atmosphere & lively nightlife sans noisy clubs
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Lindos holidays
Top 5 things to do in Lindos
Little Lindos has lots of intrigue, and beyond the lovely town centre is an island waiting to be explored.
- One of the simple pleasures of a holiday to Lindos is strolling among the town’s pretty whitewashed buildings and cobbled alleyways. Bright pink bougainvillea tumbles over walls and boutiques sell leatherware and souvenirs.
- Across the headland from Lindos is another lovely little town called Pefkos. Spend a day here walking along its extensive stretch of beach, or seek shelter from the sun in its lovely cafes.
- A day trip to Rhodes is a must-do during holidays in Lindos. The Old Town has a romantic allure at any time of day, and its plentiful boutiques and shops make an excellent distraction from the heat of the day.
- Get wet and wild on a day trip to Faliraki. This lively resort town is the place to go for fun watersports and messing about on inflatable slides in the sea.
- Explore the Dodecanese Islands on an island-hopping trip. Board a boat from Rhodes and you could visit Symi Island to see neoclassical architecture and learn about the tradition of sponge diving.
History in Lindos
Founded in the 10th century BC, Lindos has a millennia of history to explore today, and elsewhere you’ll find historic treasures all over Rhodes.
- History buffs should beeline for the Lindos Acropolis, the towering fortress that looms over the town. It dates as far back as the 4th century, but the views over the Mediterranean are timeless.
- At the foot of the Acropolis of Lindos you’ll find the ancient theatre, which during the 4th century BC had capacity for 1,800 spectators on its terraced seating.
- Don’t miss a visit to the reconstructed Temple of Athena Lindia, which is thought to have been built between the 5th and 3rd centuries BC. Its towering columns and stone steps lead to sensational views over the ocean.
- Walk out to the Tomb of Kleoboulos – not only is this thought to be the resting place of one of Ancient Greece’s great sages, but the views over Lindos town are spectacular.
- To the north of Lindos, Rhodes Town has plenty of history to soak up. Visit the Acropolis, stroll the medieval Old Town walls and duck into the Archaeological Museum for fascinating insight into Rhodes’ past.
Most popular Lindos hotels
Your Lindos questions answered
Top Lindos hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 16:29 27 January 2021