Las Vegas Holidays 2019 / 2020
Las Vegas holidays are all about the glitz and glamour, with wall-to-wall casinos, live shows and some truly breathtaking water features. Venetian gondolas, an erupting volcano, an Egyptian pyramid and even a mini Eiffel Tower are all yours for the taking, but the price tag doesn't have to match the high level excitement that you'll find there!
Follow in the footsteps of Frank Sinatra, Rod Stewart and Elton John at the fabulous Caesar's Palace. Joust with King Arthur's knights at the Excalibur; or linger by the fountains of the Bellagio among echoes of Debussy and Ocean's 11...
Cheap holidays in Las Vegas offer you an unforgettable opportunity to experience the incredible ambience of Vegas, with its 24/7 energy and chance to hit the jackpot!
There are special offers on Las Vegas holidays throughout the year, so check out the options for a memorable visit to the city that never sleeps. With our range of Las Vegas holiday deals on flights and accommodation, we can help you make 2019 a trip of lifetime!
Most popular hotels in Las Vegas
Circus Circus Hotel Casino & Theme Park
Las Vegas, Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada
Luxor Hotel and Casino
Las Vegas, Nevada
Excalibur Hotel Casino
Las Vegas, Nevada
Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower
Las Vegas, Nevada
At a glance
- Time Zone: GMT +
- Average flight time: 14h 47m
When to go
(°C) Avg. High Temp
What happens in Vegas doesn't always have to stay in Vegas! There are plenty of fun things to do in Las Vegas which you'll want to tell everyone you know about:
- The glittering lights of the world-famous Strip
- The fountains at the Bellagio hotel
- The glitzy Downtown area
The Las Vegas Strip has everything from pirate boats to towering roller-coasters, sports arenas, bars and diners. Take a risk in the casinos, people-watch from a swanky bar, or enjoy the dozens of shows and activities laid on at night in the city whose lights are always on!
It's not only at night that this city is famous, as there are plenty of things to do in Las Vegas during the day, including:
- All-day gaming passes at the Luxor for the video junkies
- 3D virtual reality games at the MGM Grand.
- The amazing light and sound show at the Neon Museum.
For the thrill-seekers, you can zip-line from 50 storeys up at the Rio, reaching a heart-stopping 33mph as you zoom between two towers. If you can keep your eyes open, there's a truly stunning view! And if you really want to push yourself to the limit, try skydiving through the sunny Vegas sky for the ultimate view of the city and the surrounding desert.
In Las Vegas nightlife is one of the main attractions, and a huge number of legendary performers have historically graced its stages. From Frank and the Rat Pack to Elvis, Tom Jones and the Osmonds, you'll still find great names in residence here.
A whole range of shows feature...
- Chorus lines
- Tribute musicals
- Psychics and mind-readers
...and much more, so you're totally spoilt for choice! For a unique night-time experience, you can hire a private bartender to serve you cocktails while you ride the High Roller at Linq, and admire its amazing view. Of course you're going to be trying your luck at the casinos, but after a long day you might also take the opportunity to unwind at some of the city's late night pools and spas.
Downtown Las Vegas nightlife is on the rise, with some well-hidden secrets such as the Downtown Cocktail Room, where delicious and inventive cocktails are served, and there's a Happy Hour for the early birds. The new Smith Centre is a stunning Downtown performing arts venue with three different stages, including:
- A Studio Theatre;
- A cabaret jazz lounge;
- Reynolds Hall, where you can take in shows like Wicked and The Lion King.
You'll find loads of romantic things to do in Las Vegas for couples, including:
- A gondola ride at the Venetian Resort and Hotel
- Admiring the city lights from the window of a luxurious restaurant, high above the strip
- Relaxing in a grand hotel room on a huge king-size bed
- Indulging in a pampering couples massage at a spa
It's the perfect place for a laid-back honeymoon, and of course you could also plan your wedding there in one of the many Elvis-themed Wedding Chapels!
There are plenty of things to do on your honeymoon in Las Vegas, including:
- A day trip to the Grand Canyon or the Hoover Dam
- Hiking in one of the nearby national parks
- Trail riding in the canyons
But if you find that a bit slow, the Nevada Desert is full of long straight roads, perfect for fast cars. If you're feeling the need for speed, you can take a ride alongside a professional driver in some of the fastest cars in the world.
People also ask
Which airports fly direct to Las Vegas from the UK?
You can fly direct to Las Vegas from Heathrow or Gatwick, as well as Manchester and Glasgow.
Is it expensive to eat in Las Vegas?
Las Vegas has a wide variety of options. You can eat burgers on a budget or high-end cuisine at a four-star restaurant. If you play a lot at the casinos you'll often get freebies, and most casinos have affordable options near the gaming floor, so that you don't have to wander too far from the action.
How much do you tip in Las Vegas?
You'll need an extra 5% on your budget for tipping servers, valets and short trip taxis ($2 a time), bell hops ($2 a bag), and 15% of restaurant bills and spa therapists. Casino staff may also be tipped, but only if you're playing the big games!
What is the largest casino in Las Vegas?
In terms of square feet, the Mandalay Bay Resort has the largest casino floor, though some combined resort hotels offer a larger acreage overall.
In Las Vegas restaurants are everywhere!
- The hotels often have round-the-clock facilities and all-you-can-eat buffet.
- There are a huge number of traditional American diners, steakhouses and high-end eateries.
- Las Vegas also has a thriving China Town.
- In fact, casinos also host some of the best restaurants in Las Vegas, such as the famed Estiatorio Milos at the Cosmopolitan, which offers some really good deals on pre-theatre and lunch menus.
Las Vegas family holidays offer a wide range of fun activities, despite the city's deserved reputation for wild partying! Video games and laser-tag seem fairly tame when compared with some of the other things to do with kids in Las Vegas...
- The Tournament of Kings dinner show at the Excalibur, which includes jousting, fighting knights and fireworks.
- The city also hosts an unusual amount of wildlife, from big cats and dolphins at Siegfried and Roy's to the flamingoes at the Flamingo (where else?), and the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay.
- To get the best from your Las Vegas family holiday, it's a great idea to venture out of the city and into the endless Nevada Desert. Here, you can explore the unforgettable landscape on an ATV, race downstream in a kayak, or be a cowboy for the day on a Cowboy Trail Ride!
If you're looking for culture, the history of Las Vegas is a short one, beginning only in 1905 when the city was founded in the Nevada Desert. It was originally a stop-over on the Los Angeles railroad, and developed as an entertainment hub for construction workers arriving in 1931 to build the Hoover Dam. While shows and nightlife are still its driving force, the Downtown arts district is a thriving area of cultural interest, where you can find loads of art galleries and installations.
Las Vegas also has lots of unique and fascinating museums, the most popular being the Mob Museum, which takes you through the history of the Mafia presence in the city. You can see some of the original hotel signboards at the vibrant Neon Museum, or check out some recreations and artifacts of the Titanic shipwreck at the Luxor.
Picking out the best casinos in Vegas is a matter of priorities.
- If you want fun interiors and photos ops, then you can't do better than Caesar's Palace, with its Roman-influenced décor and statues.
- Don't miss New York New York, with its own Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building, plus a stomach-dropping roller coaster!
- The Stratosphere offers fabulous views from its revolving restaurant and rooftop adventure activities.
- If you're just focused on winning, you'll find the highest stake casino floor at the Aria resort casinos.