Discover Lardos holidays 2021
You can’t help but get swept up in the magic of the Greek summertime on holidays to Lardos. With its unspoiled beach and family-friendly hotels, this small resort village is one of the most attractive on Rhodes’ southeastern coast.
Low-key Lardos seriously delivers on summer holiday vibes, backing a sandy, Blue-Flag beach with a traditional Greek village centre just inland. Most of the hotels and resorts are an approachable size – and only steps from the sea. There are watersports on offer for big kids and little kids alike, plus a handful of traditional tavernas. You can even reach many of Rhodes’ most interesting ancient sites within half an hour’s drive.
Hiking from Lardos
You can tackle several hiking routes straight from your hotel on Lardos holidays, and many more across the island. One of the most appealing is the easy 3km route to Lardos castle, the ruins of a 12th-century Byzantine fortress built by the Knights of the Order of St. John.
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Lardos holidays
Lardos breaks are particularly well set-up for families, thanks to the safe, Blue-Flag beach and abundance of activities and watersports.
- Lifeguards patrol Lardos Beach, so even if you’re travelling with little ones, you’re free soak up the sun without a care in the world.
- You might have hopped on a banana boat before, but have you tried a safari banana? This Lardos special combines a 40-minute sightseeing trip with plenty of thrills and spills.
- If you prefer to explore at your own pace, you can rent a 30HP motor boat from Watersports Lardos. You don’t need a licence or past boating experience to take out this class, just plenty of sunscreen and water for your sun-drenched Mediterranean adventure.
- It’s well worth stopping by the Folklore Museum of Lárdos, which offers a little glimpse of traditional life on Rhodes – and has a lovely little shady café.
- If you need a contrast to life at Lardos’s gloriously relaxed pace, put the pedal to the metal with a race at Lardos Go-Kart track.
History in Lardos
Holidays to Lardos can be more than just beach breaks. There are lots of historical sights to discover on Rhodes, including ancient Greek temples and Byzantine castles.
- The closest archeological site to Lardos is the Acropolis of Lindos. Although partly in ruins, this doric 4th-century temple dedicated to Athena is still an arresting sights, its crumbling columns standing watch over the Mediterranean.
- Feraklos Castle is worth the journey slightly further north. It was one of the first and most heavily fortified castles built by the Knights of St. John in the early 12th century, and withstood centuries of sieges and battles.
- Climb Mt. Filerimos, just inland from Trianta, to follow in the footsteps of the many civilisations that have called Rhodes home. You might find the ruins of a Hellenistic temple or traces of Ottoman island life.
- Ancient Kameiros, on the northwest coast, is one of Rhodes’ most important historical sights. The city was first founded by the Dorians, but later a centre of power for the Mycenaean Greeks.
- You can mix shopping with sightseeing in UNESCO-listed Rhodes Town. Leave time to explore both the Knights’ Quarter and the Ancient Stadium of Rhodes nearby.
Most popular Lardos hotels
Your Lardos questions answered
Summer season reaches its peak in Lardos during school holidays, particularly in July and August. The weather is glorious at this time of year. Expect average daily highs of 30C and the widest choice of beach activities.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 19:07 26 January 2021