Love Lanzarote holidays 2021
Epic volcanic landscapes and artistic landmarks are just some of the highlights of holidays in Lanzarote. The sun-soaked isle is also littered with beautiful beaches and award-winning vineyards.
A mix of lively resorts, relaxing beaches and culinary delights make holidays in Lanzarote universally appealing. It’s best known for its rocky terrain, including awesome lava tubes, ancient craters and even several volcanic vineyards!
The island is home to a handful of black sand beaches, plus options with golden sand dunes like the spectacular Papagayo beach. Venturing there with kids? Package holidays to Lanzarote give you access to water parks, aquariums and fun pirate-themed attractions.
Art in Lanzarote
Lanzarote is the most creative of the Canary Islands thanks to one famous former inhabitant. César Manrique was the brains behind several of its most spectacular structures, including the César Manrique Foundation - his quirky home and studio in Tahiche. Other must-sees on Lanzarote holidays include the magical underwater sculptures at Museo Atlántico and ancient engravings at the Museum of Ethnography.
Why book Lanzarote holidays
Discover the best beaches
Enjoy the sun in Papagayo Beach, Playa Blanca & Playa Dorada
Lush natural wonders
We love Lanzarote's stunning volcanic landscapes
Aqualava Water Park, Rancho Texas Lanzarote Park, AQUAPARK Costa Teguise
Great national parks
Witness the unique natural beauty of Timanfaya National Park
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Puerto del Carmen has great live music and plenty of bars and clubs
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Make the most of all inclusive in popular Costa Teguise
Top resorts in Lanzarote
Puerto del Carmen
A thriving resort town on the Spanish island of Lanzarote, holidays in Puerto del Carmen offer an irresistible slice of …From £137 per person
A relaxed vibe and myriad of beautiful beaches make Costa Teguise holidays perfect for some winter sun. The resort is …From £147 per person
Packed with amenities and within throwing distance of picture-perfect Papagayo beach, you’ll be on cloud nine on Playa Blanca holidays. Whether …From £141 per person
Packed full of attractions and things to do holidays to Arrecife are ideal for those wanting to make the most …From £99 per person
Soak up the Canary Island sunshine on a summer or winter sun holiday in Puerto Calero, the luxurious jewel on …From £343 per person
Combine peace and action on holidays in Matagorda. A tranquil seaside escape on Lanzarote’s southeastern coast, five minutes from the …From £166 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Lanzarote holidays
Top 5 things to do in Lanzarote
From volcanic wineries to beautiful botanical gardens, Lanzarote breaks have something to entice everyone.
- A must-see on Lanzarote holidays is the incredible Timanfaya National Park. Taking up over a quarter of the island, the Martian-like region is aptly nicknamed the Fire Mountains.
- A little bit obsessed with plants? The Jardin de Cactus (another César Manrique creation) is essential viewing. It’s home to over 4500 plants from all over the world!
- Formerly a fishing village, Teguise is also the oldest settlement on the island! It’s one of the best resorts for a family holiday in Lanzarote and filled with charming white-washed buildings.
- Sea views don’t get better than those found at Mirador del Río! Another César Manrique design, the glass-fronted viewpoint sits nearly 500 metres above sea level. Find it on Lanzarote’s northern tip.
- Despite its harsh landscapes, Lanzarote has a long history of winemaking. Enjoy a tasting tour at El Grifo - a wine museum and the oldest vineyard in the Canary Islands which grows its grapes on volcanic soil.
Outdoor adventures in Lanzarote
Fresh sea air or underground expeditions? There’s plenty of ways to soak up the outdoors on cheap holidays to Lanzarote.
- As well as being home to one of Lanzarote’s best surfing beaches, Famara is also an astonishing area of natural beauty. Hike along the cliffs before heading into the quaint village for refreshments at a cool surfer cafe.
- If you can’t get enough of César Manrqiue’s incredible creations, the Jameos del Agua caves should be high on your bucket list. The cavern was made by volcano lava flows and now houses an underground concert venue and restaurant.
- As well as swimming off white sand beaches, Lanzarote has numerous tranquil natural pools. Los Charcones are the most well-known - discover them a short distance from Playa Blanca.
- Volcán El Cuervo is just one of hundreds of dormant volcanoes on Lanzarote. Get up close (and even go right into its crater!) by following the 5 kilometre walking trail from Los Volcanes Natural Park car park.
- Another epic rock formation hollowed out by lava, Cueva de los Verdes is a whopping 6.5 kilometres long! Book a guided tour and explore just over a quarter of the subterranean tube.
What our local experts say
The ultimate Lanzarote holiday checklist
Lanzarote is one of the highlights of the Canary Islands… but it isn’t all just beaches and sunshine. In fact, you could have plenty of interesting days out on the island. If you’re building your itinerary for when you arrive, look no further than our ultimate Lanzarote checklist!Continue reading
10 reasons to make Lanzarote your next destination
If you haven’t been on a Lanzarote holiday yet, then let us change that for you. This volcanic island has amazing things in store for you. With wonderful sights to explore and a lovely climate to enjoy, there is no reason Lanzarote shouldn’t be the next destination on ...
Stargazing in the Canary Islands
When you think of the Canary Islands, you’re probably thinking of the gorgeous beaches. Or maybe the water sports. Perhaps the clubs. Or is it the volcanoes and nature reserves? But the Canary Islands have something extra special that few places can match… Some of the clearest, least light-polluted skies ...
Most popular Lanzarote hotels
- Playa Blanca
Your Lanzarote questions answered
Like all the Canary Islands, Spanish is the official first language of Lanzarote. English is the second most spoken language.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 07:14 27 January 2021