Lake Garda Holidays 2020
Italy’s largest lake attracts artists, celebrities and romantics to its stunning shores. It’s little wonder, as holidays in Lake Garda are set on a backdrop of charming towns and breathtaking natural landscapes.
The soaring Dolomites, postcard-pretty towns and vineyards surround one of Europe’s most beautiful holiday destinations. Of all the Italian lakes, Lake Garda’s sheer size offers the most diversity, from historic attractions to water sports and olive tastings. It’s also touched by the three regions of Lombardy, Trentino Alto-Adige and the Veneto.
Adventure activities in Lake Garda
If you love paragliding, windsurfing, sailing or hang gliding, don’t think twice about booking Lake Garda holidays. On land, hike through incredible landscapes and scale the Lake Garda cliffs. Travelling with the family? Enjoy theme parks, water slides and golf courses. A typical Mediterranean climate means this is a year-round destination, with wonderfully warm summers for swimming.
Why book Lake Garda holidays
Must-visit historical sites
See the impressive Castello Scaligeri and Grotte di Catullo (ruins of an ancient Roman Villa)
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Explore the picturesque little town of Sirmione with its lively boutiques, cafes and numerous ancient sites
Lush natural wonders
Discover Cascata del Varone (a dramatic waterfall) + see the orchards in the old town of Arco along the bank of the Sarca River
Popular with couples
Take a boat trip (or hire a boat!) to truly take in the spectacular beauty of Lake Garda
Go on a road trip
Explore the local area and visit the picture-perfect little towns of Riva del Garda, Malcesine, Limone sul Garda
Take the kids to the fun multi-park complex of Gardaland
Top resorts in Lake Garda
Limone holidays promise endless summer sunshine, mild winters, a charming lakeside beach and an array of water sports activities in …From £400 per person
Holidays to Desenzano offer a cosmopolitan lakeside town brimming with old world charm and sophistication. A firm favourite with families …From £259 per person
Limone sul Garda
Limone sul Garda in Lake Garda, Italy …From £168 per person
Malcesine is an enchanting town full of character and filled with things to see and do, making it an ideal …From £295 per person
A holiday in Garda offers tourists a complete change from the typical Italian getaway. Gone are the busy cities and …From £231 per person
A bustling Italian town nestled at the northern end of the world famous Lake Garda, Riva del Garda is a …From £281 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Lake Garda holidays
Nightlife in Lake Garda
The easy-going nightlife scene in Lake Garda blends sophisticated lounges with lakeside bars and live music shows.
- If you love being in the heart of festivities, visit Lake Garda in the summer months. Most of the towns surrounding the lake host musical shows, theatrical events, festivals, beach parties and fireworks.
- For a sunset aperitivo moving into drinks under the starry sky, head to Spiaggia d’Oro, otherwise known as Golden Beach. Views of the lake combine with music, food and a fairy-lit garden.
- Coco Beach is home to a restaurant, a lounge bar, a disco and a scenic beach. Check the schedule for themed nights featuring DJs, barbecues and parties in the sand.
- Located in a restored, 19th-century building, Teatro Alberti brings a variety of performance art to Desenzano del Garda. Dine pre or post-show at the restaurant or pizzeria.
- When nightlife is at the top of your wish list, base holidays in Lake Garda around the towns of Bardolino, Desenzano, Riva del Garda and Peschiera.
Lake Garda family holidays
Family package holidays to Lake Garda offer an abundance of fun activities wrapped in stunning scenery.
- Feeling energetic? Located in the Monte Baldo Natural Park, Jungle Adventure Park lets you channel your inner Tarzan on adventure trails through the trees. Cross nets, beams and bridges, and hop on the scenic monorail.
- Take a thrilling, 15-minute ride on the Malcesine Monte Baldo Cable Car. You’ll soar to Tratto Spino station, with 360-degree views of lakes and mountains.
- Explore the waterways aboard a catamaran, ferry or pleasure cruise. Visit the enchanting Isola del Garda, cruise through the Golfo di Garda and discover Punta San Vigilio.
- The Movieland Park, Water Park and three themed restaurants await at CanevaWorld Resort. Scream your way down speed slides and tackle the swell in the wave pool. Watch exciting stunt shows at Movieland.
- Spend a day surrounded by extravagant gardens at Parco Giardino Sigurta. Navigate the maze through two-metre tall evergreens, admire the castle and stroll the Avenue of the Roses.
What our local experts say
Our top 5 ski holiday destinations
If you’re looking for somewhere different for your 2017/2018 ski holiday, then we’ve got the perfect ski destination for you. If you want to mix some winter sun with your skiing, why not head to the Sierra Nevada in southern Spain or Tenerife in the Canary Islands ...Continue reading
Where to go in Italy
Soak up the dolce vita with our essential guide to where to go in Italy. From the glamorous capital of Rome to medieval time capsules in Tuscany, we’ve picked out the best destinations in Italy for your holiday. Food, beaches, history, culture…we’ve got all the Italian highlights ...
Most popular Lake Garda hotels
Lake Garda weather
Your Lake Garda questions answered
If you’re looking for long, hot days by the beach and a festive atmosphere, book Lake Garda holiday deals for July or August. May, June and September offer pleasant temperatures with fewer crowds.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes