Lake Como Holidays 2021
Lake Como is framed by soaring Alpine mountains and an aura of glamour. Captivating towns, elaborate palaces and lakeside beaches decorate one of Italy’s most romantic destinations.
Holidays to Lake Como take place on backdrops used for blockbuster movies and celebrity hideaways. Just an hour’s drive from Milan, the third largest of the Italian lakes is dotted with historic villages and towns to explore. Stroll through enchanting gardens, museum-hop and enjoy a dining scene that features delicious Lombard cuisine.
Outdoor adventures in Lake Como
Soak up the fresh mountain air as you launch into exciting outdoor activities on Lake Como holidays. Kayak, wakeboard or sail around the glistening lake. Pack your hiking boots to climb challenging peaks or wander through serene meadows. Cycling tours get you off the beaten path and canyoning gets your heart pumping. Each season adds its own unique magic to the region’s breathtaking landscapes.
Why book Lake Como holidays
Top attractions to visit
See the impressive Como Cathedral and the Basilica of Saint Addondio
Lush natural wonders
You can hop on the Funicular up to Brunate for some enviable views over Lake Como
Popular with couples
Taking a boat ride is a no-brainer, so don’t miss out on this iconic Lake Como experience
Go on a road trip
There are a lot of picturesque towns around the lake including Bellagio and Menaggio
Sample the cafe culture
Fine Italian coffee enjoyed in the sunshine on a lively piazza. They don’t call it La dolce vita for nothing
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Museo Storico Giuseppe Garibaldi is a total must…we also love the Baroque Villa Balbianello
Top resorts in Lake Como
Set at the southern tip of its namesake lake, Como is an enticing mix of youthful flair and ancient history. …From £201 per person
The enchanting little village of Cadenabbia, which sits on the shores of Lake Como in Italy, has long been a …From £417 per person
Malgrate in Lake Como, ItalyFrom £389 per person
Located on the western shore of the renowned Lake Como, Southern Italy, the romantic town of Tremezzo is a popular …From £375 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Lake Como holidays
Top 5 things to do in Lake Como
From romantic beaches to family-friendly attractions and historic gems, it’s easy to do as little or as much as you like on holidays to Lake Como.
- The impossibly pretty town of Bellagio is a jumble of narrow, cobbled alleyways, charming shops and elegant restaurants. Hop on the Bellagio Express train for a relaxing ride with sweeping views along the way.
- Villa Carlotta rests within botanic gardens that include a bamboo grove, a fern valley and colourful orange trees. Impressive neoclassical architecture houses a valuable collection of statues, paintings and furniture.
- Follow the ancient mule track of Sentiero del Viandante through olive groves and villages with spectacular views across the lake. Tackle the entire route of around 50 kilometres or choose signposted segments.
- Whether you charter a private boat, join a sightseeing tour or catch ferries, Lake Como’s bewitching scenery is best viewed from the water.
- Topped by a white church and a famous restaurant, Isola Comacina is the only island in Lake Como. Once the site of a medieval settlement and a Roman fort, you’ll see ruins among the lush greenery.
Historic highlights of Lake Como
From Roman settlers to powerful dynasties, Lake Como’s dazzling history is on fine display.
- Como Cathedral is a magnificent blend of Gothic, Romanesque and Renaissance styles. Construction started in 1396 and took about 400 years to complete. Pop inside to see stunning tapestries.
- Standing at the centre of Lake Como for more than 1,000 years, Vezio Castle was an ancient military outpost. Visit to see the dungeons, the drawbridge, beautiful gardens and falconry displays.
- Are you a motorcycle fan? Admire a collection of over 80 historic vehicles, along with experimental engines and prototypes. The Moto Guzzi Museum is located in the birthplace of the Moto Guzzi Eagle, in Mandello del Lario.
- The Archaeological Museum of Como showcases jewellery, pottery and other artefacts dating from prehistory to the Middle Ages.
- Perched in the hills above the lake, the UNESCO-listed Sacred Mountain of Ossuccio is part of the Nine Sacred Mountains of Northern Italy. Stroll along the Viale delle Cappelle to see Baroque shrines and sculptures.
What our local experts say
Where to go in Italy
Soak up the dolce vita with our essential guide to where to go in Italy. From the glamorous capital of Rome to medieval time capsules in Tuscany, we’ve picked out the best destinations in Italy for your holiday. Food, beaches, history, culture…we’ve got all the Italian highlights ...Continue reading
Most popular Lake Como hotels
Lake Como weather
Your Lake Como questions answered
Lake Como holidays offer relaxation, romance and glamour on a backdrop of natural wonders. You’ll find Lake Como hotels, restaurants and activities to suit every type of traveller.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 08:05 27 January 2021