Lagos Holidays 2020
Holidays to Lagos, Portugal, a vibrant, bustling town in the beautiful region of the Algarve, offer an exciting beach getaway coupled with a city-like experience you’ll never forget. Lagos holds a prime position on the sunny coastline, making it one of the most popular holiday destinations in Portugal.
Lagos is famous for its walled town and iconic cliffs that act as a gateway to the Atlantic islands. The beaches, such as Praia da Batata, are a big draw, although this is also an active watersports area popular with anyone looking to try their hand at surfing, kayaking, kite surfing, and other outdoor pursuits.
Cheap holidays to Lagos are simple to find, and while they’re very budget-friendly, you’ll have complete peace of mind that you don’t need to compromise on sun, sea, sand, and all inclusive indulgence.
Lagos at a glance
Discover the best beaches
We especially love the sandy bay of Porto de Mós Beach
Top attractions to visit
Ponta de Piedade, 18th century Church of Igreja de Santo António, Castelo dos Governadores
Sample the local food
How about chicken piri-piri, fresh sardines and a glass of local port?
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Head to the Old Town’s main strip for the great night scene
From family boat trips to Slide and Splash, there’s family fun in droves
Rest & relaxation
Enjoy top spa and pampering facilities at Lagos’ best resorts
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Lagos
There are lots of great things to do in Lagos, with many of the attractions focusing on the outstanding beauty of this popular coastal town. But even away from the beaches, there’s lots to discover.
- Some of the biggest highlights of Lagos are the beaches, with alluring blue waters, expansive stretches of sand, and dramatic cliffs. Whether you’re looking to spend a fun day with the family playing on the sand, or you’re after a more exhilarating, adrenaline-pumping watersports experience, you’ll find it here.
- The Ponta de Piedade is one of the top attractions in Lagos, seated in a stunning location on top of the towering, golden sandstone cliffs. For the best views of this lighthouse, take a walk along the headland; this is where you’ll be able to see the naturally carved rock pillars, narrow tunnels, and hidden grottos.
- One of the most fun things to do in Lagos is… nothing! This is one holiday destination where you don’t need to have a day-to-day plan or schedule. Just strolling around the whitewashed buildings of the town, peeking inside the natural caves, and walking through the busy markets is a great way to spend a day.
- Lagos also benefits from being located close to some other amazing destinations in Portugal. The resort of Alvor is a good choice for a day trip, giving you an authentic taste of the Algarve. With its quaint, cobbled streets, low rise buildings, and attractive harbour, Alvor is a quiet, peaceful place to unwind.
The Lagos, Portugal beach vistas are simply stunning, and it’s not surprising that the majority of visitors flock here to revel in the soft sands and clear waters.
- Close to the centre of Lagos is the wonderful 4km long stretch of golden sand along Meia Praia. With its award-winning Blue Flag beach, which is ideal for swimmers, the beach is very convenient for the town, and features all the amenities and facilities you need to enjoy a relaxing day out by the sea.
- Although Porto de Mós Beach is a little further from the centre of town, it is classed as one of the top beaches in Lagos. It boasts a wonderful sandy bay which is ideal for sunbathing, and is a truly idyllic beach, great for couples who want to relax and unwind by the peaceful seafront.
- The beach is where you’ll find most of the action during your holiday, with beautiful scenery and weather, mixed with watersports and a vibrant, lively atmosphere. If you’re in the mood for adventure, hop in a kayak and explore life beyond the beaches, and the cliffs with their hidden caves and coves.
What our local experts say
Top 8 cheap holiday destinations for couples
Want a romantic holiday on a budget? Feel like bask on a stunning beach somewhere hot? Or fancy exploring a new city with your partner? Whatever you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered! You don’t need to break the bank to enjoy an unforgettable holiday for two ...Continue reading
Top Holiday Destinations for Teenagers
Finding the perfect holiday destination for teenagers can be tricky, but we’ve come up with some great ideas for keeping even the moodiest teens happy when travelling with the family. City breaks are a great way to travel with teenagers, with plenty of choice to cater to all interests ...
Most popular hotels in Lagos
Your Lagos questions answered
It takes roughly 4 hours to get from Lisbon to Lagos by train, and it’s very easy to do. The train leaves from Estação do Oriente in Lisbon and travels to Tunes, where you’ll change to the Lagos train.
All hotels in Lagos
5 Star Hotels in Lagos
4 Star Hotels in Lagos
3 Star Hotels in Lagos
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes