Lively Laganas is tucked into Laganas Bay in the south of Zante surrounded by big sandy beaches, beautiful quiet bays and staggering rock formations.
Perfectly situated in a sheltered bay facing the open expanse of the Ionian Sea, this popular resort town has accommodation, eateries and activities for all ages. The island’s major party destination, it’s especially well suited to groups and young couples looking to make the most of its organised beach and thriving nightlife in the sunny summer months.
From the gleaming white Keri Caves to the National Marine Park in which Laganas sits, this popular resort town is well-placed to make the most of the island's southerly natural attractions. Learn about biodiversity and endangered species including the Caretta-Caretta (loggerhead) turtle and monk seal, see migratory birds, discover rocky beaches and wander dramatic cliff tops above the Ionian Sea.
Why book Laganas holidays
Discover the best beaches
Laganas Beach is the largest beach in Zante
Popular with couples
Perfect for relaxing evening strolls, romantic dinners & long beach days
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Big party vibes with over a 100 bars to choose from along the Golden Mile
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Explore the wonders of Zakynthos Town
Perfect for watersports
Make sure you go on a coastal boat trip and explore the Blue Caves
Choose from some great family-friendly hotels & water parks
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Laganas holidays
Top 5 things to do in Laganas
Energetic Laganas has a bit of everything for every interest. From lazy beaches to exciting day trips, take your pick from the following things to do on holiday in Laganas.
- Hop aboard a boat to visit Marathonisi Island in Laganas Bay. Known as Turtle Island, this protected isle is a breeding ground for endangered loggerhead turtles and where you’ll find an exceptional white sandy beach but no amenities.
- Tread the boards to reach tiny Cameo Island off Agios Sostis Beach. Pay the small fee to visit this private enclave and watch the sun go down from its rocky hilltop.
- Pack your towel for a day at fun-filled Tvilisi Water Park. A treat for all ages, there’s a lazy river, flumes, play areas for young children and all the facilities you could need.
- Learn about the importance of the island’s designated National Marine Park at the Zakynthos Sea Turtle Rescue & Information Center. See displays and meet rescued turtles waiting to be re-released.
- Hit the highlights of Zakynthos Town. From museums and galleries to Venetian ruins and sophisticated tavernas, the island’s nearby capital deserves at least a day of your time.
Outdoor activities in Laganas
What better way to get to know Laganas than by diving into an outdoor activity? From inland adventures to watersports, you’ll know your way around this town’s attractions in no time.
- Learn to scuba dive from Laganas Beach. Head to schools such as Eurodive or Zante Diving and choose from a range of PADI course levels from beginner to open water and advanced.
- Explore Laganas and the surrounding countryside by e-bike. Whatever your cycling ability, rent wheels from Go Electric at nearby Agios Sosti to get out and about with ease.
- Take in the full splendour of Laganas Bay on a seaside walk to laidback Kalamaki. Follow the arc of golden sand as it curves its way to the neighbouring resort town at the far end of the beach.
- Boat trips come in all shapes and sizes in Laganas Bay. As well as visiting Turtle Island, you could zoom to chalky Keri Caves or take a glass-bottom boat tour.
- Leave the National Marine Park for all your watersports needs. Head to Banana Beach where paragliding, jet skiing, wakeboarding, canoeing and much more await.
What our local experts say
Top 10 alternative party destinations
Majorca has long been a fantastic party holiday destination, but the introduction of the increased tourist tax is making some of us consider other places to let our hair down. We’ve picked out our top 10 alternative party holiday destinations – which one’s your favourite? These all offer plenty ...Continue reading
Most popular Laganas hotels
Your Laganas questions answered
The best time to visit Laganas is between May and early October. July is the sunniest month while August is the hottest. If you prefer cooler weather, you might want to visit in May, June or September.
Top Laganas hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 18:24 26 January 2021