Laganas Holidays 2020
Laganas holidays are filled with fun-loving holidaymakers soaking up the Greek sun. It boasts sandy beaches and great nightlife. On top of that, Laganas is also home to natural beauty, the island’s steep cliffs are perfect hiking locations for the adventurous. Meanwhile, history oozes from every pore, making it a perfect holiday for beach bums and history buffs alike.
Laganas at a glance
Discover the best beaches
Laganas Beach is the largest beach in Zante
Popular with couples
Perfect for relaxing evening strolls, romantic dinners & long beach days
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Big party vibes with over a 100 bars to choose from along the Golden Mile
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Explore the wonders of Zakynthos Town
Perfect for watersports
Make sure you go on a coastal boat trip and explore the Blue Caves
Choose from some great family-friendly hotels & water parks
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Laganas
Things to do in Laganas
A trip to Laganas allows visitors a glimpse into the great history of the island. The island’s Venetian influence can be seen in its old and new architecture and a visit to the town’s Venetian castle offers spectacular views of the old ruins.
- Zakynthos Town – Explore the wonders of this city including its quaint plazas and cafes, they’re beautiful spots to enjoy during a day out in the sun.
- Agios Dionysios Church – Built in 1708, see the remains of the town’s patron saint here.
- Blue Caves – Named because of the sky and water’s reflection on the walls, in a glass-bottom boat. These caves are the perfect remedy for getting out into the sea and going on a coastal boat trip.
- Tvilisi Water Park – This makes for a fun day out with the kids where they can splash about in swimming pools and whizz down water slides.
Zante’s beaches are perfect for every type of holidaymaker. Some beaches have shallow waters which is great for when the little ones are tagging along. But Zante is most-known for its turquoise waters which are simply enticing.
- Laganas Beach – The largest on the island and considered one of the best spots to soak up the sun on Zante. Nature lovers will find the largest breeding ground in Europe for loggerhead turtles between June and August at Laganas Beach.
- Agios Nikolaos Beach – Visitors that want to explore their surroundings can find adventure at this beach. Just 32 kilometres from Zakynthos Town, Agios Nikolaos is one of the most exciting beaches located on the island. Restaurants, bars and a plentiful helping of watersports are all on hand when visiting.
- Shipwreck Beach – Another of the island’s sandy spots. Surrounded by cliffs, this white pebble beach is secluded, especially after day trippers head back to their hotels in the afternoon. It gives visitors some privacy away from the beach going crowds. Shipwreck Beach is so secluded, guests need a boat taxi to take them ashore.
- Argassi Beach – 15-minutes away from Laganas, Argassi Beach was made for thrill-seekers. Enjoy everything from jet-skiing to banana boats.
What our local experts say
Top 10 alternative party destinations
Majorca has long been a fantastic party holiday destination, but the introduction of the increased tourist tax is making some of us consider other places to let our hair down. We’ve picked out our top 10 alternative party holiday destinations – which one’s your favourite? These all offer plenty ...Continue reading
Most popular hotels in Laganas
Your Laganas questions answered
All hotels in Laganas
5 Star Hotels in Laganas
4 Star Hotels in Laganas
3 Star Hotels in Laganas
2 Star Hotels in Laganas
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes