La Spezia at a Glance
Sitting at the top of the Gulf of La Spezia, the city of La Spezia is found in the northern region of Italy. Nestled amongst a backdrop of towering mountains and a seemingly endless sea, a holiday to La Spezia will take you to some of Italy’s most beautiful sights.
- Romantic holidays in Italy.
- Quiet and relaxing family breaks.
- A cultural group holiday somewhere unique.
Top Attractions in La Spezia
La Spezia is home to historic sights, artistic culture and some enthralling architecture. Whether you want to spend your days seeing the sights or lazing on the beach, there is something to keep you entertained.
- Art lovers will be enthralled by the Museo Amedeo Lia, a striking collection of fine art, found in a beautifully restored 17th century friary.
- La Spezia is located along a section of the coast that is often referred to as The Bay of Poets. By simply walking across the beaches you will see why so many famed writers and artists have fallen in love with the area.
- The city is home to many churches, and the most notable is the church of Santa Maria Assunta, which is home to an extensive collection of important art work.
- The Castle of San Giorgio has been recently restored and is a remarkable construction that originally dates back to the 13th century.
- Visit over the 19th March and you will experience the lively festival of the city’s patron saint, San Guiseppe. You can browse the giant market that fills the port and wander the festive streets, sampling some local cuisine and reveling in the party atmosphere.
Which Hotel is Right for You?
La Spezia is home to a range of lovely hotels, whether you are looking to treat yourself to a luxurious stay, or are in need of a comfortable place to rest your head that will not break the bank, La Spezia is sure to have somewhere to suit your needs and budget;
- If you’re looking for a quiet retreat, the budget friendly Albergo Serena is a charming little hotel found in a historical village in the Val di Magra valley. The city is around 16 kilometers away, so you can enjoy the best of both worlds with a stay here.
- If you wish to wake up to the sounds of the lapping waves of the ocean, then the NH La Spezia is found just moments from the beach, and is ideally located for discovering the popular sights of the city.
- If you’re in search of some lively nights, the My One Hotel La Spezia overlooks the Via del Prione, where you will find the best sparkling nightlife of the city.
Book With Confidence
When you book your holiday to La Spezia with loveholidays.com you can do so with confidence knowing you are with a company that is Fully Licensed. We can offer you advice on choosing flights, a hotel stay and insurance to suit you.
If you’re already captivated by the streets of La Spezia, book your holiday now with loveholidays.com for a tailor made trip that suits your taste and budget.