PLN: Polish złoty
Enchanting castles and medieval houses decorate Poland’s best preserved city. Culture-filled Krakow blends history with the modern delights of lively bars, trendy cafes and world-class museums.
Delve into history that stretches back to the 10th century on holidays in Krakow. Horse-drawn carriages clop across cobbled streets and picturesque squares host architectural gems. Spring and autumn blanket the city in the glorious colours of nature, while summer buzzes with festivals. Looking for sparkly winter wonderlands? Christmas in Krakow is a festive dream.
Entertainment in Krakow
Indulge in theatre, music, dance and film to your heart’s content on Krakow holidays. Culture vultures flock to the city for a year-round schedule of events. No matter when you visit, listen to jazz in basement clubs and gallery-hop to uncover innovative art. Between fun excursions, fill up on hearty traditional dishes and international fare at top-notch restaurants.
Book with confidence
Why book Krakow holidays
Must-visit historical sites
Krakow’s Old Town, Old Jewish quarter & Wawel Castle
Sample the local food
Pair the traditional Pierogi (Polish dumplings) with Polish IPA
Fab shopping scene
Pick up some unique items from Kazimierz, the Old Jewish Quarter
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Krakow promises fun nightlife with plenty of bars & clubs to keep you going
Lively Rynek Square is the largest medieval town square in Europe
Top attractions to visit
Don’t miss out on Wawel Castle & Wawel Cathedral
Most popular Krakow hotels
Your guide to Krakow holidays
Top 5 things to do in Krakow
Romantic vistas for couples holidays, family-friendly attractions and dynamic nightlife districts await on Krakow city breaks.
- The medieval Market Square is the heart and soul of the UNESCO-listed Krakow Old Town. Plan to return time and again, with museums, souvenir shops, historic buildings and pubs to discover. Or, just settle in at a restaurant and people-watch for hours.
- To thoroughly explore the city, stroll along the Vistula Boulevards. Following the longest river in Poland, the charming pathways lead to attractions including the Bernatek Footbridge. It’s otherwise known as the Lovers’ Bridge, so don’t forget a padlock to hang for your sweetheart.
- The artificial Kosciuszko Mound was built to honour Polish military hero, Tadeusz Kosciuszko. Hike up 34 metres and get your camera ready for panoramic city views.
- History and modern living collide with an energetic vibe on Florianska Street. Part of the Royal Route, the famous stretch is lined with Renaissance facades, craft beer bars, shops and historic cafes.
- Only around an hour from the city centre, Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum offers a moving experience of the Holocaust.
Famous buildings in Krakow
Get set for gasp-worthy moments when you stumble upon architectural marvels on holidays to Krakow.
- The massive complex of Wawel Castle dominates the Krakow city skyline. Once the domain of Polish kings and queens, it features majestic Gothic belfries, imposing fortifications and a museum with five sections.
- Seven spiked turrets top the circular Krakow Barbican, a structure straight from a fantasy that was built in 1498. Now, the formidable gatehouse hosts jousting tournaments, feasts and events for tourists.
- Two striking towers of different heights characterise St Mary’s Basilica. Take a peek inside to see beautiful stained-glass windows, wall paintings and the incredible altarpiece.
- Marking the start of the Royal Route, St Florian’s Gate is one of the city’s originals. It was built in the 14 century as part of Krakow’s fortifications.
- Saints Peter and Paul Church was the first baroque building in Krakow. Statues of the 12 disciples line the fence and it’s topped by a skylit dome.
What our local experts say
Why we love Poland city breaks
Poland is a European gem. With a history that continues to intrigue and educate people, Poland has sometimes been considered a country of the past. However, that couldn’t be further from the truth. Poland has fast become a travel hotspot thanks to its beautiful cities. Everybody loves an affordable ...Continue reading
Top 8 cheap holiday destinations for couples
Want a romantic holiday on a budget? Feel like bask on a stunning beach somewhere hot? Or fancy exploring a new city with your partner? Whatever you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered! You don’t need to break the bank to enjoy an unforgettable holiday for two ...
Your Krakow questions answered
For pleasant weather and fewer tourist crowds, visit Krakow from March to May and September to October. Summer is the most popular season, with music festivals, folk fairs and blue skies. The spectacular Krakow Christmas Market runs for the month of December.
Top Krakow hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
- Park Inn by Radisson
- Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms
- Hotel Ester
- Golden Tulip Krakow Kazimierz
- Venetian House Market Square Aparthotel
- Golden Tulip Krakow City Center
- Metropolis Design Hotel
- Hotel Santi
- Hotel Centrum
- Zulian Aparthotel by Artery Hotels
- INX Design Hotel
- Metropolitan Boutique Hotel
- Queen Boutique Hotel
- Lwowska 1
- Grand Ascot Hotel
- Hotel Sympozjum & SPA
- Hotel Swing
- Best Western Efekt Express Krakow
- PURO Kraków Kazimierz
- Stradonia Serviced Apartments
- Dwor Sierakow
- Avena Boutique Hotel by Artery Hotels
- Metropolo by Golden Tulip
- Central Palace
- Aparthotel Rakowicka Residence
- Garden Square Hotel
- Hotel Kossak
- Hotel Senacki
- Rajska 3 by Pi Apartments
3 Star Hotels
- Best Western Hotel Galicya
- Best Western Plus Krakow Old Town
- Hotel Kazimierz III
- Liv'Inn Aparthotel
- Pergamin Apartments
- Columbus Hotel
- Antique Apartments - Plac Szczepanski
- Yarden Aparthotel by Artery Hotels
- Q Hotel Kraków
- System Hotel Kraków
- Daisy Superior
- Hotel Alexander I
- Petrus Hotel
- Hotel Legend
- Hotel Pod Wawelem
- Atelier Aparthotel by Artery Hotels
- Daniel Griffin Aparthotel by Artery Hotels
- Hotel Regent
- Wyspianski Hotel
- Spatz Aparthotel
- Emaus Apartments
- Aparthotel Oberza
- Hotel Secesja
- Imperial Hotel
- Garden Palace
- Hotel Matejko
- Pergamin Royal Apartments
- Leone Aparthotel
- Aparthotel Pergamin
- Hotel 32 Kraków Old Town
- Yourplace Biskupia Aparthotel
- BC29 Residence
- Topolowa Residence
- Apartment Bonerowska 5
- Aparthotel Delta Boutique
- Leo Apartments Main Square
- Szewska 22 Boutique
- Lorf Hostel&Coffee
- Leo Apartments Old Town
- Leo Apartments Old Town Residence
- Hotel Rezydent
- Hotel Batory
- Hotel Jan
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 04:00 5 March 2021