PLN: Polish złoty
Krakow Holidays & City Breaks 2020
Considered one of Poland's most beautiful cities, Krakow holidays are both an affordable city break and the perfect base to explore southern Poland. Having survived, mostly, the brutality of the WWII bombings, Krakow's preserved medieval and Jewish core is completely charming.
There's an old-world magic to Krakow's narrow streets which bustle with a modern atmosphere. Chic vintage shops huddle close to the crumbling walls of Jewish cemeteries and the stately architecture on Rynek Glowny (the main market square) stand over the ramshackle bars and restaurants of a buzzing culinary and arts scene.
Check out our centrally located bed and breakfast hotels which are popular in Krakow!
Krakow is great for:
- City breaks - Krakow is a bit of a latecomer to the tourism scene but is fast emerging as a tourism hotspot. With its proximity to ski resorts, holidaying in Krakow can deliver a great European city break but also a connection to more action-packed holidays just a bus ride away.
- Last minute holidays - Krakow is a cultural and historical hotspot with a rich history to explore. There are a huge amount of museums to visit, ranging from Oskar Schindler’s Factory to the Pinball Museum. Krakow is a safe bet for a last minute explorative short break and will keep you busy on a long weekend.
- Cheap holidays - You may have heard rumours about the cheap meals and drinks, including alcohol, you can get in Poland. Compare Krakow to London in terms of prices, and you’re in for a serious treat!
Krakow at a glance
Must-visit historical sites
Krakow’s Old Town, Old Jewish quarter & Wawel Castle
Sample the local food
Pair the traditional Pierogi (Polish dumplings) with Polish IPA
Fab shopping scene
Pick up some unique items from Kazimierz, the Old Jewish Quarter
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Krakow promises fun nightlife with plenty of bars & clubs to keep you going
Lively Rynek Square is the largest medieval town square in Europe
Top attractions to visit
Don’t miss out on Wawel Castle & Wawel Cathedral
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Krakow
Things to do in Krakow
Krakow is a richly diverse city. With plenty of sights to admire, you'll never be bored with this fun packed list of things to do during your Krakow holiday.
- Krakow's Old Town - Ornate architectural delights that highlight Poland's long and powerful history stand alongside small indie bars in the Old Town (Stare Miasto). Also, galleries display works of art by Krakow's creative youth scene.
- Old Jewish quarter (Kazimierz) - Offers up restaurants and cafes on pleasant squares.
- Wawel Castle - A fascinating mix of most medieval castle styles, Wawel was constructed by King Casimir III the Great between the 13th and 14th centuries, and stands to this day, as one of the largest castles in Poland, as a testament to the strength of his rule and to the kings that would follow him. Wawel Castle rests on a bend of the Vistula River. You can follow the path to and from the central districts of Krakow.
- St . Mary's Basilica - Overlooking the main market square (called Rynek Glowny) the striking St. Mary's Basilica is unmissable. You'll pass it daily on your route from the Rynek towards other parts of central Krakow. Each time you pass you'll notice a new aspect to its brick facade and two slightly lopsided towers.
- Rynek Underground - Beneath the Rynek square lies the Rynek Underground, a complex of underground routes that make up a series of medieval market stalls and chambers. Combining history and the 21st century, this interactive wander features holograms and information. Perfect for a rainy or chilly day.
When to go
Krakow is a city where the weather doesn’t affect the fun time you’ll have there. Making it a great city to visit any time of the year. However, if you’d love to experience lovely weather during your Krakow weekend break, the best time to visit would be during the summertime. Krakow can enjoy pleasant temperatures, although during this time the city will experience huge crowds as well. Additionally, if you’d prefer to miss the crowds, Krakow city breaks during March to May and September to October can be ideal.
What our local experts say
Why we love Poland city breaks
Poland is a European gem. With a history that continues to intrigue and educate people, Poland has sometimes been considered a country of the past. However, that couldn’t be further from the truth. Poland has fast become a travel hotspot thanks to its beautiful cities. Everybody loves an affordable ...Continue reading
The cheapest city break destinations for a last minute holiday
A city break is a fantastic way for getting your holiday fix when you’re short of time or just feel like getting away from the daily grind for a few days. And thanks to our great last minute city break deals at loveholidays, a short break doesn’t have ...
Top 8 cheap holiday destinations for couples
Want a romantic holiday on a budget? Feel like bask on a stunning beach somewhere hot? Or fancy exploring a new city with your partner? Whatever you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered! You don’t need to break the bank to enjoy an unforgettable holiday for two ...
Most popular hotels in Krakow
Your Krakow questions answered
All hotels in Krakow
5 Star Hotels in Krakow
4 Star Hotels in Krakow
- Novotel Krakow City West
- Venetian House Market Square Aparthotel
- Golden Tulip Krakow City Center
- Zulian Aparthotel by Artery Hotels
- Metropolitan Boutique Hotel
- Queen Boutique Hotel
- Lwowska 1
- Hotel Sympozjum & SPA
- Qubus Hotel Krakow
- Avena by Artery Hotels
- Metropolo by Golden Tulip
- Central Palace by Habitan
- Aparthotel Rakowicka Residence
- Garden Square Hotel
3 Star Hotels in Krakow
2 Star Hotels in Krakow
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes