Kos Town holidays 2021
White sand beaches and a millennia of thrilling history await on holidays to Kos Town. The capital of Kos, it’s brimming with ancient landmarks and foodie delights.
Whether you’re craving a lazy beach getaway or a destination dripping in culture, Kos Town breaks tick all the boxes. The town features several family-friendly hotels, dozens of traditional tavernas and a bevy of beautiful ruins dating back hundreds of years. There’s also scope for day trips to water parks or idyllic vineyards.
History in Kos Town
As one of the major settlements on Kos, Kos Town holidays offer up no shortage of historic sites to explore. See where the island’s most famous inhabitant, Hippocrates, learnt his trade, visit monuments with mythical links or step back in time to the Roman era.
Why book Kos Town holidays
Discover the best beaches
Check out the beaches of Kos Town, most importantly Zouroudi Beach near the old town
Must-visit historical sites
Castle of Neratzia, Roman Odeon of Kos and the nearby Asklepion
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Legend has it that The Tree of Hipocrates is where the 'father of medicine' taught his pupils
Art & culture
Casa Romana is a Roman-style mansion filled with statues, mosaics and more
Perfect for watersports
Take up paragliding, jet skiing or windsurfing at Lambi Beach
Sample the local food
Stop off for a traditional Greek meal at the harbour, we're thinking succulent seafood and tasty baklava
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Kos Town holidays
Traditional Greek tavernas, sensational seafood restaurants and local wineries are all up for grabs on package holidays to Kos Town.
- Those who love people watching as they eat should make their way to Eleftherias Square. It’s Kos Town’s main square and home to several fantastic eateries serving up both classic Greek cuisine and international fare.
- Sea views and wholesome food are easy to find at Kos Harbour. You’ll discover numerous options along Akti Kountouriotou, including charming Sifis Restaurant Taverna Kos.
- If tucking into a seafood platter is a must on Kos Town breaks, Georgiou Averof is the place to go. The street sits just behind Paralia Beach and is littered with fantastic fish restaurants like much-loved Nick the Fisherman.
- Despite the island’s dry climate and volcanic soil, Kos has a long heritage of winemaking. You’ll find several wineries close to Kos Town where you can enjoy a tasting tour.
- Kos Old Town is a warren of narrow streets hiding charming coffee shops and tiny tavernas. Explore the historic neighbourhood and dine at a different venue every night of your Kos Town holiday.
Traditional food and drink in Kos Town
Like trying out local cuisine? Get stuck into delicious Greek grub and heady liqueurs at spots across Kos Town.
- Kos is well-known for its sweet and sticky honey. In addition to enjoying some mixed into creamy Greek yoghurt, why not visit a honey farm near Kos Town?
- Fans of paella will love digging into a plate of kritherato! The Greek equivalent of one of Spain’s most delicious dishes, it’s typically made using orzo rice, white wine and prawns.
- If you’re craving some salty and creamy cheese, you’re in luck. There are several locally made cheeses native to Kos, including posa - a hard cheese that’s matured in red wine.
- For a local drink that’s not wine, try ouzo. The heady tipple is made throughout Greece and is the perfect sundowner on holidays to Kos Town.
- Love pasta? Pitardia is Kos’ answer to the classic Italian dish. It consists of homemade pasta that’s cut into strands, cooked in a meaty broth and served up with generous helpings of cheese and butter.
Most popular Kos Town hotels
Kos Town weather
Your Kos Town questions answered
Top Kos Town hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 15:01 26 January 2021