Kos holidays 2021
Dreamy beaches and a heritage stretching back millenia make Kos holidays heaven for those after a balance of culture and leisure.
The idyllic Greek island sits just off Turkey’s south coast and is awash with gorgeous white-sand beaches. Kos’ location lends it a unique vibe, from a vivid and varied history stretching back to pre-Roman times to deliciously diverse cuisine. Fascinating landmarks, a golden coastline and endless postcard-perfect towns – what’s not to love about holidays to Kos?
Heritage sites in Kos
Roman ruins and Ottoman-era mosques are just some of the incredible landmarks you’ll see on cheap holidays to Kos. The island has been occupied since the Bronze Age and is littered with intriguing heritage sites, from Venetian castles to ancient temples.
Why book Kos holidays
Discover the best beaches
Enjoy a 70-mile long coastline of fine beaches
Must-visit historical sites
See the ancient Greek and Roman sites in Kos Town
Perfect for watersports
Windsurfing, kitesurfing, jet-skiing, sailing - all popular in Kos!
Top attractions to visit
Venetian Castle of the Knights, the Ancient Agora, the old Christian basilica
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Diakon & Nafklirou are the two main streets filled with clubs
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Visit Kardamena for its great nigth scene and sandy beaches
Top resorts in Kos
Relax in a former fishing village turned lively beach resort on Kardamena breaks. Throw in adrenaline-rushing water sports and fascinating …From £134 per person
Enjoy the relaxing beach resort of Psaldi where you can enjoy peace and tranquillity while being just a short distance …From £276 per person
If you’re thinking ‘Greece’ for your 2021 cheap summer holiday, think Kefalos. Around 40km to the south west of Kos …From £102 per person
Lambi is the area centred around the beach that stretches from the harbour wall of Kos Town on the northeasterly …From £143 per person
Found along the north coast of the beautiful Greek Island of Kos, Tigaki is a laid-back town perfect for those …From £136 per person
White sand beaches and a millennia of thrilling history await on holidays to Kos Town. The capital of Kos, it’s …From £146 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Kos holidays
Best beaches in Kos
With a total of 112 kilometres of coastline, you’ll find no shortage of stunning sandy beaches scattered across Kos.
- You can expect great things from a beach named after Paradise! Situated on Kos’ southern tip, it features white sand, crystal clear waters and sunbeds to lounge on in the Mediterranean sunshine.
- If you fancy bathing in waters which actually are as hot as a bath, Therma Beach is for you. Located on the south coast and only 20 minutes from Kos Town, the stunning beach is unique for its thermal springs.
- The closest town to Paradise Beach, Kefalos also has a very picturesque beach of its own. Spacious enough to stretch out on the sand, it’s also lined with several cafes and snack bars.
- Another golden sand beauty, Lambi Beach sits in Kos Town and is one of the most popular family beaches on the island. Packed with facilities, it’s perfect for a quick swim or a full-on beach day.
- Agios Stefanos lies just north of Kefalos Beach and is a lot more laidback. It’s a great pick for water sports fans, plus you can even swim across to pretty Kastri island.
Quiet beaches in Kos
For those who aren’t fans of crowds, you’re in luck. Kos holidays provide ample opportunities to relax on deserted coves.
- Kamari Beach is a small cove just a stone’s throw from Kefalos. Lapped by turquoise waters ideal for swimming in, it’s also home to several rustic tavernas just beyond the sand.
- Tigaki Beach is one of Kos’ most relaxed resort areas and perfect for families thanks to its warm, shallow waters. Venture just west of the beach to the huge lagoon that’s home to migrating flamingos.
- Limnionas is found well off the beaten track on Kos’ north coast. The tranquil beach has two gorgeous coves to choose from, one with a small quay for fishing boats and another overlooked by a quaint taverna.
- Despite its name, there’s not usually any camels trekking down Camel Beach! Instead, you’ll discover a serene cove that’s never crowded and sublime for snorkelling.
- Marmari Beach’s sheer size makes it a good pick for those who like lots of space to stretch out. Typically breezy conditions also makes it one of the best beaches for wind sports on Kos.
What our local experts say
Best beaches in Kos
Kos is famous for its gorgeous beaches, and you can take your pick from glorious stretches of golden sand or remote coves with azure waters. There’s something for everyone on this beautiful island! Whether you’re looking to party or chill out, want to relax with your partner or ...Continue reading
8 surprising facts about Kos
The Greek Islands are full of surprises! Mostly known for their sandy beaches, lovely Mediterranean weather and ancient Greek and Roman landmarks, with a visit to the Greek Islands, you’ll soon realise that there is plenty to explore. Kos in particular offers all of these highlights and so much ...
Top destinations for women travelling solo
More women than ever before are travelling solo – and why not? Travelling solo means being able to do exactly what you want, exactly when you want to do it! And it’s easier to connect with new people you’re not travelling with a partner, the family or a group ...
Most popular Kos hotels
Your Kos questions answered
As part of Greece, Greek is the main language spoken on Kos. Nevertheless, you’ll find some people speak English, especially at tourist attractions and hotels.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 03:44 27 January 2021