Kefalonia Holidays 2021
Kefalonia’s stunning beaches are among the most photographed in the world. The largest of the Ionian islands oozes charm on and off the sand, with quaint villages, lush forests and delectable cuisine.
Holidays in Kefalonia offer front row seats to natural wonders and rich culture. Sapphire seas contrast beautifully with the lush greenery of pine, olive and cypress trees. From shopping to dining and museum-hopping, an abundance of activities awaits in enchanting towns. The action doesn’t stop when the sun goes down, with lively tavernas, bars and discos kicking off the party each night.
Adventure activities in Kefalonia
Blend lazy days on the sand with thrilling activities to get your heart pumping on Kefalonia holidays. Zip across the sparkling seas on a jet ski or hire a sea canoe to explore the coastline. Horse riding tours put you in the heart of mountains and valleys, while scuba diving highlights shipwrecks and mysterious caves. The warm, Mediterranean climate brings plenty of sunny days to enjoy throughout the year.
Why book Kefalonia holidays
Discover the best beaches
We love the deep orange sands at Xi Beach & the white sands at Petani Beach
Lush natural wonders
See the green cliffs and iridescent water of Myrtos
Try the local wine
Taste the local wine with visits to Petrakopoulos Winery or Gentilini Winery and Vineyards
Sample the local food
Try the hearty kreatopita, refreshing riganada and indulge in the sweetness of the Kefalonian almond pie
Take the whole family to the Odysseus Zoo Land for a journey through Greek mythology
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
After a good night out? Hit the clubs at Argostoli
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Kefalonia holidays
Top 5 things to do in Kefalonia
From historic discoveries to fun in the sun and oceanfront dining, there’s something for everyone on holidays in Kefalonia.
- Argostoli Harbour is a vibrant commerce centre of the island’s capital. Stroll along the palm- lined promenade and watch boats bobbing on the water. It borders the Bay of Argostoli where Koutavos Lagoon hosts sea turtles during summer.
- Soak up the traditional Greek atmosphere of Kefalonia’s second busiest port. The Port of Sami is a dynamic hub of shops, along with restaurants and tavernas serving seafood straight from the boat.
- Also known as De Bosset, Drapano Bridge was first built in 1813. It’s the world’s longest stone bridge built across the sea and you can walk across it for spectacular views.
- The Monastery of Agios Gerasimos is a sacred place for pilgrims. Explore lovely gardens, a church and a chapel that’s built over the cave once used by Saint Gerasimos for daily prayers.
- Watch as luxury yachts jostle for space with traditional fishing boats on Fiscardo Harbour. Take a seat at a colourful restaurant, browse among the shops and stay to see Venetian architecture light up by night.
Natural wonders in Kefalonia
Kefalonia’s enchanting landscapes range from some of the world’s most beautiful beaches to forests, vineyards, caves and soaring mountains.
- Known as the Cave of the Nymphs, Melissani Cave was discovered in 1951 after part of the roof collapsed and revealed an ethereal lagoon beneath. You’ll board a rowboat to cross transparent, blue-green water that glows as the light hits the surface.
- Backed by green cliffs and lapped by iridescent water, Myrtos is a poster child for Greek island beaches. It featured in the movie, Captain Corelli’s Mandolin.
- Pack your hiking boots for trails that stretch across 3,000 hectares in the Mount Ainos National Park. It’s home to the tallest mountain on the island, along with semi-wild horses and panoramic views.
- Long, sandy Skala Beach is framed by pine trees, sunbeds and parasols. Step off the sand for fantastic snorkelling, enjoy water sports and dine at beachfront restaurants.
- Lush green hills surround the vast stretch of golden sand at Antisamos Beach. Check out the views from the hilltop Monastery of Agrillion, before hiring a sunbed and ordering food from tavernas straight to your chair.
What our local experts say
Eat your way around Greece
Mmmmmm. Greek cuisine, part of the famous Mediterranean diet, is among the freshest and most delicious in the world. Expect seafood plucked straight from the sea, locally reared free-range meat from the inland hills, an endless variety of flavour-packed fruit and vegetables, and a huge choice of cheeses and cured ...Continue reading
Literary locations: read your way around the world
I always pack something good to read on holiday. Of course, I have a trashy page-turner that will see me through the flight and give me some cover while I snooze beside the pool. But I also like to bring a book as a personal guide. And I’m not ...
Your Kefalonia questions answered
To stay in the heart of nightlife, dining and shopping action, book a hotel in Argostoli. For beachfront holidays and chilled-out vibes, try Skala, Lassi, Fiscardo, Lixouri or Sami.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 09:50 19 January 2021