Kassiopi holidays 2021
Tucked into a cute cove on the northeast corner of the Ionian island of Corfu, Kassiopi is both a working fishing village and relaxed holiday resort within easy reach of the island’s attractions.
Low-lying Kassiopi sits in a pretty curved bay backed by soft-hued villas interspersed with luscious greenery. Early mornings see the harbour host fishing boats hauling in the catch of the day while, after dusk, the waterfront bars spark into life. Beaches of every shape and size lie within easy reach and activities promise to keep all ages entertained on a holiday to tranquil Kassiopi.
Wildlife highlights of Kassiopi
Channel the hit series The Durrells with a stay on the Greek island the real-life family of naturalists once called home. The landscape of Corfu, notably dense woodlands, groves, wetlands and reserves, has created a precious ecosystem home to all sorts of wildlife. From dolphins in the sea to raptors in the sky and everything in between, Kassiopi is well placed for nature lovers to spy the island’s many resident and migratory creatures.
Why book Kassiopi holidays
Must-visit historical sites
Traces of Kassiopi's history can be found dotted about the resort, including Byzantine castle remains
Discover the best beaches
Kassiopi's beaches are pebbly and rocky, but Kalamionas remains a Blue Flag favourite
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Head down to the harbour for a chilled evening out sipping on exotic cocktails
Sample the local food
Having a taste of Greek delicious cuisine must be on your list of things to do!
Go on a road trip
Whether it's by car or boat, check out the capital of Corfu Town for a lovely day out
Popular with couples
Treat your loved one to a romantic break in Kassiopi
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Kassiopi holidays
History and nature combine around Kassiopi. Discover island traditions and period architecture while exploring this corner of northeast Corfu.
- Set your imagination to work among the remains of hilltop Kassiopi Castle. Wander around the castle ruins, which date from the Byzantine-era, while admiring the surrounding olive groves and sea views.
- Experience the wild natural beauty of Erimitis. A precious eco-system of beaches, wetlands and woods is currently one of the least developed areas in Greece.
- Step back in time at Old Perithia on the slope of Mount Pantokrator. This protected heritage village dates from the 14th century and became a perfectly-preserved ghost town in the mid-20th century.
- Pop into the Church of the Panagia Kassopitra to learn of its evolution from 5th-century pagan temple to holy chapel. Don’t miss the Byzantine frescoes inside.
- Browse local crafts in Kassiopi’s independent shops. Jewellery, handmade lace, olive wood gifts and more can be found in the town’s selection of boutique outlets.
Outdoor activities in Kassiopi
The best way to get to know Kassiopi is to embark on an exciting outdoor adventure. There’s an action-packed activity to be had from cycling to hiking.
- Towering Mount Pantokrator makes hiking a real treat in this northeastern corner of Corfu. Visit the Monastery of Pantokrator or be rewarded with crowd-free views over the Ionian Sea and into Albania by venturing upwards.
- Head inland on two wheels to get a glimpse of Corfu’s rolling countryside. Hire a bike in Kassiopi for a cycling excursion on good roads with routes for every ability and a taste of rural life.
- Kassiopi is the place to learn to scuba dive with dedicated schools offering courses that will have you exploring Corfu’s reefs, wrecks and underwater caves in no time.
- Birdwatchers will love this place. Numerous locations attract resident and migratory birds (in spring) such as the wetlands of Antinioti Lagoon and Erimitis.
- Take to the water on a boat trip to go dolphin spotting. Bookings include time for both wildlife watching and open water swimming.
Most popular Kassiopi hotels
Your Kassiopi questions answered
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 14:57 20 January 2021