Kardamena holidays 2021
Relax in a former fishing village turned lively beach resort on Kardamena breaks. Throw in adrenaline-rushing water sports and fascinating ruins for the perfect Greek island getaway.
Nestled on Kos island's south coast and within easy driving distance of some of the Dodecanese island's best beaches, Kardamena holidays really do have it all. The charming town is famed for its nightlife, plus there’s an abundance of white sand beaches to stretch out on. Visiting with kids? Water parks and epic day trips make cheap holidays to Kardamena ideal for families.
Outdoor activities in Kardamena
As well as exploring ruined temples and ancient fortresses, why not get your heart racing with some water sports? Spend holidays in Kardamena learning how to windsurf or exploring the deep on a diving expedition. You could also hike through olive groves or go horseback riding along the Mediterranean coastline.
Why book Kardamena holidays
Discover the best beaches
Kardamena is home to beautiful beaches, with sunloungers, nearby bars and cafes, they have it all!
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Head down Bar Street and soak up Kardamena's wild side
Sample the local food
Check out one of the resort's traditional tavernas for tasty Greek food and maybe a glass of ouzo
Fab shopping scene
Head to Kardamena's main square for a look around the shops, from souvenirs to leather goods, there's loads of choice
Perfect for watersports
Fancy a thrilling time at the beach? Hop on a jet bike or go up in the air with parasailing
Must-visit historical sites
Visit the village of Antimachia for a close look at the medieval castle ruins
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Kardamena holidays
Whether you want to sample the resort’s fantastic nightlife or enjoy the great outdoors, there are so many activities to put on your Kardamena holiday itinerary.
- Beach holidays in Kardamena are a no brainer! The resort is dotted with white sand stretches, plus you’ll find some of the best beaches in Kos within a short drive.
- Kos Town may have a thriving bar scene, but it’s Kardamena which wins the title of the best nightlife destination on the island. Check out buzzing Bar Street or head to the beach for cocktails and dancing right next to the sand.
- Escape the crowds and have a break from the beach in Plaka Forest. Located at the heart of Kos, it’s a lush nature reserve home to fragrant pine trees, tiny terrapins and wild peacocks.
- Kardamena places you within minutes of Aquatica Water Park. One of two aqua parks on the island, it boasts exhilarating slides, splash pools and a dedicated kids’ area.
- Kardamena Harbour is the jumping off point for day trips to Nisyros Island. Another of the dreamy Dodecanese Islands, it’s home to an active volcano which you can get up close to on a guided tour.
Historic attractions in Kardamena
Kos is dripping in ruins and World Heritage landmarks. Discover historic attractions in and around Kardamena.
- Immerse yourself in myth and legend at the Temple of Apollo. Now in ruins, it was once an important spiritual structure when Kardamena was known as Alassarna.
- Cool down for an hour or so on your holiday in Kardamena by visiting the Nautical & Folklore Museum. Nestled right next to the harbour, it vividly reveals the story of the town across two rooms packed with ancient artefacts.
- Head inland to explore the Fortress of Antimachia. Dating back to the 14th century, it was built by the Knights of Saint John to protect the island. View its stone ruins and soak up panoramic vistas of the countryside.
- Did you know Kos was once scattered with windmills? Nowadays, Antimachia Windmill is the only working one left. Visit the centuries-old structure and sample delicious baked goods made using flour ground by the mill.
- Renting a car? It’s well-worth popping into the Ancient House-Hippocrates Garden. Found just beyond Antimachia, the peaceful complex showcases what life may have been like on Kos in the 5th century.
Most popular Kardamena hotels
Your Kardamena questions answered
The best time to visit Kardamena for sunshine and warm temperatures is July or August. For fine weather but fewer crowds, try booking a cheap Kardamena holiday in June or September.
Top Kardamena hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:10 25 January 2021