TRY: Turkish lira
Kalkan holidays 2021
One of Antalya’s charming beach resorts, Kalkan is a Mediterranean gem set on a breathtaking bay. From boat tours to seaside dining and exploring ancient sites, welcome to your dream holiday destination.
Whitewashed villas decorate the hills above this sophisticated former fishing village. Holidays in Kalkan are all about lazing on golden sands, strolling among Greek Ottoman buildings and dining on rooftop terraces. When it’s time for action, the upscale town is surrounded by UNESCO-listed ruins and dramatic wildness to thrill history buffs and adventure seekers.
Outdoor adventures in Kalkan
Whether you’re travelling with kids or you’re a big kid at heart, Kalkan holidays serve up all the banana boat, parasailing and jet skiing thrills you could wish for. Colourful reefs and crystal-clear waters await scuba divers and snorkellers. Off the beach, hike world-famous trails and try river rafting through lush forests. Warm, sunny summers and mild Mediterranean winters make Kalkan a year-round holiday haven.
Why book Kalkan holidays
Discover the best beaches
Chill out on Kalkan's main pebbly beach which has been awarded Blue Flag status
Sample the local food
Enjoy a taste of Turkey by visiting one of Kalkan's authentic restaurants
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Have a night out in one of the resort's cool chic bars
Must-visit historical sites
Visit the ancient village of Patara and discover the Lycian ruins which are 2,000 years old!
Explore the local markets
Wander the shops which are open until late at night and beautifully lit up
Rest & relaxation
Kalkan is a top spot to chill and enjoy yourself, it's the Turkish Rivera after all!
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Kalkan holidays
Historic attractions in Kalkan
Holidays to Kalkan provide an ideal base to get your history fix at some of Turkey’s most fascinating sites.
- Explore Lycian tombs, temples and colonnades at the UNESCO-listed Xanthos. The site contains the atmospheric ruins of the ancient capital of Lycia and dates back to the 4th century BC.
- Patara Ancient City is one of the oldest settlements of the Lycian Union. Among baths, a theatre, the Temple of Athena and a Byzantine basilica, you’ll see the magnificent Roman Victory Gate.
- Want to explore a real-life ghost town? The village of Kayakoy was abandoned in a population exchange in 1923. Now, the preserved town is an eerie display of hundreds of deserted stone houses and churches.
- Get your camera ready for panoramic views from the ancient ruins of Tlos. Once one of the most significant cities in ancient Lycia, you’ll explore rock tombs, fortifications and baths.
- Visit the Antiphellos Theatre in Kas and stay after dark. The rock-cut Doric Tomb rests above the theatre and is illuminated at night.
Top 5 things to do in Kalkan
On and off the Turkish Mediterranean coast, Kalkan holiday itineraries boast attractions to suit couples, families and adventure seekers.
- The picturesque streets of Kalkan’s Old Town wind back from the sea and enchant visitors with traditional houses and overhanging balconies. Leisurely strolls lead you to restaurants and quaint boutiques.
- You’ll see traditional wooden gulets and colourful fishing boats bobbing about in Kalkan Bay. Whether you’d like to snorkel, island-hop, fish or sunset sail, there’s a boat tour to suit you.
- Kalkan and Kas rest side by side, offering you double the fun when it comes to beach resorts. Explore the vibrant Kas Marina and the ancient Antiphellos Theatre.
- With river rapids, mountain views and wild forests, Saklikent Canyon National Park is a hub for mountain climbing, river rafting and hiking. The gorge itself is one of the longest in Europe and wooden platforms lead you through the highlights.
- The famous Lycian Way is one of the world’s great hiking trails, encompassing ancient ruins, coastal views and lush hinterland. It crosses through the fields and villages of Kalkan and Kas, so you can hike as little or as much of it as you like.
What our local experts say
Best beaches in Turkey
Turkey is one of our favourite destinations for lashings of sun, sea and sand, served up with a liberal sprinkling of ancient sites, historic towns, natural springs and gorgeous landscapes. Whether you’re looking to party or prefer to chill, travelling with the kids, a group of friends, or your ...Continue reading
Most popular Kalkan hotels
Your Kalkan questions answered
The closest airport to Kalkan is Dalaman International Airport. Transport options include taxis and private transfers to get you to the resort within about an hour and a half.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 08:34 27 January 2021