Ixia, adjoining Rhodes’ Old Town to the west, is one of the island’s most laidback resorts. Ixia holidays offer sun, sea and sand galore – plus plenty of chances to explore Rhodes’ historic highlights.
Ixia sits at the northeastern tip of Rhodes, the largest island in the Dodecanese. It’s just a ten-minute drive from the heart of the Old Town and fringed by a long, mostly pebbly beach. If you want to experience the best the Greek Islands have to offer, holidays to Ixia are the perfect choice. There’s a wide choice of all-inclusive hotels, kid-friendly activities and a slew of ancient sites and picturesque villages to visit just inland.
Nature in Ixia
Ixia might be a modern, purpose-built resort, but nature is in evidence everywhere on Rhodes. With an average of 300 days of sunshine a year, wildflowers and wildlife flourish. Venture away from your hotel and you might spot butterflies, wild horses or even fallow deer.
Why book Ixia holidays
Rest & relaxation
Picturesque Ixia is one of the perfect spots for a break from it all
Discover the best beaches
Enjoy the stunning Ixia shingle beach, complemented by its turquoise waters
Perfect for watersports
Think windsurfing and parasailing, there's loads of ways of getting your feet wet here
Sample the local food
Hit the traditional tavernas and local restaurants for a true taste of excellent Greek cuisine
Popular with couples
Ixia offers some of the best romantic beach breaks you can think of
Explore the city
Go for a scenic beachside walk all the way to the capital, Rhodes Town, where you'll find many historical wonders
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Ixia holidays
Beaches near Ixia
As well as Ixia’s own beach, partly public and partly covered with rows of sunbeds, there are a handful of other excellent beaches around Rhodes’ northeast tip.
- You’ll almost certainly head into Rhodes Old Town on Ixia holidays. Stop for a dip at the pebbly Elli Beach, the closest to the heart of town.
- Ialysos Beach is the first beach you reach heading west from Ixia. It’s similarly windy and pebbly, with great surfing for beginners and several surf schools.
- If you’re looking for a good snorkelling spot, spend the afternoon at Kallithea Beach, a rocky bay with a small sweep of sunbeds and a café.
- You’ll find Rhodes’ wildest nightlife in Faliraki, a fifteen-minute drive or taxi from Ixia. Come to start a night out with cocktails on the wide, sandy beach.
- Anthony Quinn Bay, just to the south of Faliraki, is one of Rhodes’ most beautiful bays. This rocky cove is named after the actor Anthony Quinn, who swam in the aquamarine waters here while filming on the island.
Best beaches for day trips
Rhodes is a small island so it’s easy to also explore further-flung beaches on holidays in Ixia.
- Tsambika beach, set below a monastery of the same name, is one of Rhodes’ most gorgeous sandy beaches. The water is calm and shallow here, making it a particularly good choice for families.
- The shimmering waters off Gennadi Beach are calm for swimming during the day, while beach parties keep things lively well into the night back onshore.
- St Paul’s Bay is almost entirely enclosed by rocky walls, its small sandy beach protected from the wind and waves. This is as scenic as swimming spots come in the Greek Islands.
- More tempted by total isolation? Make tracks for Mavros Kavos. This hidden beach is a local favourite, backed by dunes and free from development.
- Prasonisi, a spit connecting a tiny headland to the island’s southern tip, is a pro kitesurfers’ playground and where the Aegean and the Mediterranean meet.
Most popular Ixia hotels
Your Ixia questions answered
Like all Greek Island resorts, Ixia has gorgeous weather most of the year. Temperatures rarely top 30°C in the height of summer and rain is rare. June to September is Rhodes’ high season, with the largest crowds in July and August.
Top Ixia hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:23 26 January 2021