Italy Holidays 2020
From food to fashion and many of the world’s greatest masterpieces, Italy holidays offer pure inspiration. Get set to indulge in the sweet life on a backdrop of natural and manmade wonders.
Walk in the footsteps of ancient Romans and gaze at Michelangelo’s works of art. With a whopping 55 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Italy’s cultural riches are unparalleled. Nature’s paintbrush works its magic here too. Heavenly beaches, rolling sunflower fields and glacial lakes ensure that outdoor adventures compete for attention with extraordinary architecture. Love fashion? Welcome to the home of Prada, Armani and Versace.
A culinary adventure
Naturally, you’ll eat your fill of pizza on Italy holidays. However, this food-obsessed country offers regional specialities no matter where you go. Try carbonara in Rome, Parmigiano in Bologna and risotto in Milan. Enjoy alfresco dining on sunny summer days and warming winter dishes in cosy trattorias. Autumn and spring deliver seasonal treats within an explosion of colourful landscapes – the ideal time for a city break!
Italy at a glance
Top attractions to visit
Colosseum, Venice Canals, Pompeii, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Lake Como
Explore the city
City breaks to Rome are a long weekend must!
Discover the best beaches
We love the Amalfi Coast's picturesque beaches and pastel colours
Try the local wine
Enjoy a glass of classic Chianti with your dinner
Sample the local food
Proper Neapolitan pizza, fresh pasta and colourful gelato are just some of the culinary delights here
Sample the cafe culture
Italy is the ultimate place for cappuccino drinking & people watching
Top resorts in Italy
Rome holidays 2020 will introduce you to Europe’s most gloriously cinematic city, spectacularly beautiful and humming with life. Audrey Hepburn …from £99 pp
Italy is well known for its incredible history, stunning landscapes and famous cities, and the Venetian Riviera is no different. …from £91 pp
For holiday seekers looking for a memorable Mediterranean holiday, the island of Sicily, located at the tip of Italy's boot, …from £143 pp
As coastlines go, there aren’t many that are quite as spectacular as Italy’s Neapolitan Riviera, which is why it needs …from £123 pp
A holiday to Tuscany is simply exquisite, and the experience of food, art and wine are unforgettable. In fact, nothing …from £135 pp
-->--> Amalfi Coast holidays are the quintessential romantic Mediterranean getaway, with ancient pastel-coloured fishing villages dotted …from £218 pp
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Italy
Beaches in Italy
Bliss out on Italian beach holidays, surrounded by turquoise grottos, clifftop resorts and island paradises.
- You’ve seen the picture-perfect image of Positano’s pastel buildings cascading towards the sea. The Amalfi Coast enchants with crystalline coves and cliffside restaurants for fresh seafood.
- Startling blue water is the perfect match for the blinding white sands of Sardinia. From the celebrity-filled Costa Smeralda to incredible diving in Nereo Cave, this is a beach paradise you won’t want to leave.
- Sicily’s Lampedusa Island is home to the breathtaking Isola dei Conigli, which is regularly voted among the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- Once a safe haven for Napoleon during his exile in 1814, Elba Island blends rich history with gorgeous beaches. Cavoli, Sansone and Pareti are just a few of your options for a day by the sea.
- The Sanctuary of Santa Maria watches over Tropea’s glittering coastline. Calabria’s Coast of the Gods is a sea lover’s dream with dramatic cliffs, secluded coves and dazzling grottoes.
- Heard of the Italian Riviera? Explore a different beach each day, from San Remo’s long golden stretch backed by casinos to the medieval charm and consistent waves of Levanto.
Things to do
Italy is the home of renowned honeymoon destinations, family-friendly values and electrifying adventures. From the coastline to the countryside, you’ll find endless things to do to suit you.
- Sassi di Matera is an ancient cave-city famous for its beautiful stone houses carved out of cliffs. Located in the region of Basilicata, the caves themselves have been inhabited since Paleolithic times.
- Rome’s St Peter’s Basilica is the country’s richest and largest church, in Vatican City. Nearby are the Vatican Museums, which famously house Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel ceiling frescoes.
- Thrill the kids with a visit to Gardaland Park near Lake Garda. The theme park features massive dinosaurs, roller coasters, an aquarium and a panoramic monorail.
- Built by the Romans in the first century AD, Arena di Verona once hosted fierce gladiator battles. The arena has around 50 levels of seating and it’s the location for the annual summer opera festival.
- Climb the famous Rampe Del Poggi stairs for the best views in Florence. Piazzale Michelangelo is named for the greatest of the Renaissance artists. It’s particularly stunning at sunset.
- The Aquarium of Genoa is the largest in Europe. You’ll explore around 12,000 animal species, including predators in the shark bay.
- Turin is home to the most important collection of Egyptian artefacts outside the country itself. Discover treasures including the Tomb of Ka, the Statue of Ramesses II and paintings from the Tomb of Iti, at Museo Egizio.
- Elegant piazzas and sparkling sea views contribute to the beauty of Ortigia. The small island is the historic centre of Syracuse and features the fabled Fontana Aretusa, once the ancient city’s main water supply.
- Mount Vesuvius erupted in AD 79, burying the city of Pompeii under burning pumice stone. Explore the haunting ruins of Roman streets, temples, amphitheatres and cafes at the archaeological site in Campania.
- Get your bucket list photo with the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Its famous tilt gradually occurred due to a layer of weak subsoil.
What our local experts say
How to have an instagrammable holiday to Italy
Ah Italy, the place of love and romance, sights and views, history and culture. In fact, a destination can’t get more instagrammable than Italy! This Mediterranean paradise has a whole host of picturesque cities and small towns perfect for a family holiday and a couples paradise at the same ...Continue reading
Your shopping guide to Italy
Italy is everything you want it to be and more! That includes being heaven for those who love a bit of retail therapy. Italy is probably best known for its top designer brands, especially when it comes to clothing. But that’s not all the Mediterranean delight has to offer ...
Picture-perfect places to inspire your Italian escape
Italy is exactly what it is thought to be. A lovely, picturesque country with dozens of cities and little towns to explore. There are so many beautiful places within Italy that it can be very hard to decide where you would like to visit for a cheap holiday. If you ...
Most popular hotels in Italy
Your Italy questions answered
You’ll find direct flights to Italy from the UK with airlines including British Airways, easyJet, Norwegian Air, Vueling, Alitalia and Ryanair. The flight time from London to Rome is about two and a half hours. Other arrival airports include Milan, Naples, Genoa and Sicily.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes