Ischia holidays take you to the largest of the Phelgreans; a group of stunning islands in the Gulf of Naples. Located around 30km from the beautiful Neapolitan coast in the famously blue waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea, Ischia is known for its dramatic volcanic landscape, filled with natural wonders.
A holiday to the island of Ischia allows you to explore a side of Italy you’ve never seen before. A far cry from the busy metropolitan cities of the mainland, Ischia takes you back to nature. Here, you can enjoy a dip in the warm thermal spas while taking in the stunning mountain scenery that’s all around you.
If you’re liking the look of Ischia holidays, late deals can make even the most luxurious of getaways all the more affordable. A cheap holiday to the island means you can appreciate this incredible, picturesque location, while still having funds left over to enjoy some of the many activities that Ischia has to offer.
Why book Ischia holidays
Top attractions to visit
You don’t want to miss out on the symbol of the island, The Aragonese Castle!
Discover the best beaches
We love quiet Cava dell’Isola for its clear waters
Rest & relaxation
Unwind like never before in the thermal waters of Ischia
Lush natural wonders
Visit secluded Sorgeto Bay with its hot springs and natural swimming pools
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Explore glamorous Sant’Angelo and get lost within its colours
Sample the local food
Sample local favourites like fried anchovies, polyps in casserole, grilled tuna or the famous Ischia Rabbit
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Ischia holidays
The island may be small, but there are lots of things to do in Ischia, especially for travellers who love nature and the great outdoors. In fact, a holiday to Ischia can be just as exhilarating as visiting the mainland!
- One of the top attractions in Ischia is just doing nothing! Simply taking a stroll around the island, which boasts an amazing number of historical landmarks, is an attraction in itself. Discover half-buried ancient necropolises and enjoy the wonders of the medieval towns along the coast.
- However, there is one very big reason why visitors flock to Ischia: the spas. Since the days of Roman rule, people have come to the island specifically to benefit from the healing powers of Ischia’s mineral-rich waters and muds. Negombo and Giardini Poseidon Terme are popular thermal spas here.
- Ischia is also known as a paradise for relaxation, with a wine heritage that dates back thousands of years. Connoisseurs come from all across the world to visit the old vineyards, which to this day produce some of Europe’s most sought-after wines. Try them at a local bar, while watching the sunset.
When you’ve had your fill of history and culture, Ischia beaches await. Almost the entire coastline of Ischia is covered in beautiful white sand beaches, so it’s easy to find the ideal spot to relax and unwind.
- Citara Beach in Ischia is one of the biggest on the island. Covered in fine white sands, this beach forms the stunning backdrop to the famous Poseidon thermal resort, and is lined with cafes, restaurants and shops, giving you everything you need for a great beach day.
- San Pietro Beach in Ischia stretches right from the port to the beach of Pescatori, and it’s a firm favourite of families thanks to the calm, shallow waters, ideal for swimming. It transforms into one of the liveliest beaches on the island in the summer, and there’s always something going on.
- San Francesco Beach in Ischia is a rocky beach known for its waves, making it an excellent destination for watersports. It’s just a short stroll from the port of Forio, so it’s easy to access. It’s also very convenient for all the restaurants, bars and hotels that are clustered into this colourful town.
Your Ischia questions answered
Ischia can only be reached by boat, with ferry services leaving from Naples Beverello and Pozzuoli Harbour. Most travellers fly into Rome or Naples, and transfer to the ports using train or taxi services.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes