Imerovigli holidays 2021
Imerovigli is one of Santorini’s most picturesque villages, its whitewashed houses stacked up the cliffs overlooking the caldera. When it comes to sunset views and envy-inducing infinity pools, holidays in Imerovigli simply can’t be beaten.
If you’re looking for a quieter side to Santorini, Imerovigli breaks are a great choice. Only around five hundred people live here year-round. While the village is just as magical as its more famous neighbour Oia, it attracts a fraction of the crowds. Luxury here is on a small scale: boutique hotels carved into the cliffside, serene rooftop bars and peaceful private plunge pools.
Nightlife in Imerovigli
You won’t find Santorini’s most riotous nightlife on holidays to Imerovigli, but there are plenty of spots to while away a summer night. Think sipping champagne at a rooftop restaurant rather than crawling rowdy bar strips. For cocktails and clubs, Fira is just a five-minute drive away.
Why book Imerovigli holidays
Lush natural wonders
A heavily volcanic area, Imerovigli views are dominated by volcanic islets
Discover the best beaches
The beaches of Kamari and Perissa are often favourites with Imerovigli travellers
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Admire the views of whitewashed churches topped with iconic blue domes
Enjoy walks and hikes along the caldera for epic views
Popular with couples
Hike up to Sharos Rock with your loved one and enjoy the beautiful sunset
Sample the local food
Enjoy the flavours of Santorini with a local meze
Most popular Imerovigli hotels
La Maltese Estate, Buddha-Bar Beach Santorini
Your guide to Imerovigli holidays
Imerovigli escapes are all about soaking up Santorini’s atmosphere, whether that’s over breakfast on a private terrace or from the village’s famous viewpoints.
- Lazy days should be top of your agenda in Imerovigli. Stroll the whitewashed backstreets, stop for a sugary treat at a local bakery or just bask by the pool.
- You can’t miss the blue-domed Anastasis Church on the Imerovigli skyline. Pop your head in to look inside if the door’s unlocked.
- Everyone has their own favourite sunset spot in Imerovigli. After a few days, you’ll have chosen yours. The cliffs here are some of the highest surrounding the caldera, giving the village its nickname “the balcony to the Aegean”.
- To look back on Imerovigli itself, tackle the reasonably challenging hike to Skaros Rock. One of Santorini’s most important Medieval fortresses stood here in the 15th century.
- On your way to Skaros Rock, stop at the classic Cycladic-style Panagia Theoskepasti chapel. This landmark is the perfect spot to rest your legs and take in the far-reaching views.
Outdoor activities in Imerovigli
It’s worth tearing yourself away from the pool to see more of Santorini. How you explore is up to you: on two feet, on the back of an ATV or even on horseback.
- You can hike all the way to Oia from Imerovigli in around three hours. Set out well prepared as some parts of the trail are steep and there’s little shade.
- No Santorini slope is too steep if you hop on the back of an ATV or into a two-seater off-road buggy. Head off early to beat the heat of the day.
- Imerovigli holidays aren’t complete without venturing down into Santorini’s caldera, formed by a volcanic eruption around 1500 BC. Jet ski safaris are the best way to really marvel at its scale.
- Put your paddling skills to the test in a sea kayak to reach Santorini’s most isolated bays and secret caves. Introductory tours start around three hours.
- Nea Kameni, the cone in the middle of the caldera, might no longer smoulder but you can still trek up to its crater. Join a tour or charter a boat to get here.
Your Imerovigli questions answered
As on many other Greek Islands, high season in Imerovigli runs from June to September, when temperatures hover in the balmy high 20s. There’s rarely any rain at this time of year but evening breezes keep things from feeling too sticky.
Top Imerovigli hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 13:18 13 April 2021