ISK: Icelandic króna
Iceland Holidays 2021
Cinematic landscapes feature an abundance of natural wonders near the top of the planet. Holidays in Iceland offer epic adventures, rich culture and photo opportunities in spades.
From incredible marine life in the north to the south’s gushing geysers and dynamic Reykjavik, Iceland holidays are nothing short of extraordinary. Volcanic landscapes host geothermal lagoons and night skies feature the spectacular Northern Lights. It’s not all about the great outdoors though, with a cultural scene that includes live music, literary marvels, handicrafts and an innovative dining scene.
Adventure Activities in Iceland
Visit Iceland in winter and you can zip through snowy forests on snowmobiles, try ice caving and snowboard across the mountains. The warmer months bring rafting, kayaking and hiking across otherworldly landscapes. For adrenaline-hunters, extreme sports like heli-skiing and skydiving serve up thrills you’ll never forget.
Why book Iceland holidays
Lush natural wonders
Volcanoes, geysers, lava fields, lush, green mountains and hot springs
Top attractions to visit
The Blue Lagoon, Gullfoss Falls & Seljalandsfoss
Fine dining scene
Taste delicious cuisine from Iceland's natural surroundings that gets worldwide raving reviews
Great national parks
Thingvellir National Park - part of The Golden Circle is well-worth a visit
Explore the city
Head to the capital, Reykjavik, for interesting museums, architecture and sweeping sea views
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Look out for the colourful Northern Lights... the perfect addition to any Iceland break
Top resorts in Iceland
From historical and cultural gems to striking architecture, holidays in Reykjavik guarantee lasting memories. Stunning natural attractions, a vibrant dining …From £234 per person
Selfoss in Iceland, ScandinaviaFrom £290 per person
Akureyri in Iceland, ScandinaviaFrom £350 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Iceland holidays
Nature in Reykjavik
The famous Golden Circle is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Iceland’s natural phenomenons.
- Known as Strokkur, Selfoss Geyser is one of the top attractions of the Golden Circle sightseeing route. It erupts dramatically every 10 minutes or so, blasting water up to 30 metres in the air.
- Eyjafjallajokull volcano is 1,651 metres tall and last erupted, famously, in 2010. With hundreds of years between eruptions, it’s quite safe to visit now and you’ll find the visitor's centre in the town of Hvolsvollur.
- Take a tour to set your eyes upon the breathtaking Hoffellsjokull Glacier. It’s located in Vatnajokull National Park, which features numerous nature trails for hiking.
- One of the mightiest waterfalls in the country, Godafoss is 30 metres wide and falls from a height of 12 metres. It flows over a horseshoe-shaped rock and its nickname is, ‘Waterfall of the Gods’.
- Kerid Crater is around 3,000 years old. Take the path to the crater’s edge, encircling striking red slopes and blue-green waters.
What our local experts say
Local guide: 48 hours in Reykjavik
Icelanders believe in magical folk, and it’s easy to see why on this wild and otherworldly island. Its haunting beauty has landed it a starring role on the Game of Thrones TV series, which is partly filmed here. Reykjavik is the world’s most northerly capital, full of quirky ...Continue reading
Most popular Iceland hotels
Your Iceland questions answered
The best time for Iceland holidays largely depends on what you’d like to do. July and August are the warmest months and this is peak season for whale watching. You’ll experience the midnight sun in June. The winter months are best for the Northern Lights, skiing, glacier tours and snowmobiling.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:39 27 January 2021