EGP: Egyptian pound
Hurghada Holidays 2021
Hurghada holidays offer luxurious hotels, world-class diving and year-long sunshine. There’s little wonder this is one of the most visited – and most loved – destinations on the Red Sea.
Known as the capital of the Red Sea Riviera, Hurghada is Egypt at its most laidback. Holidays in this seafront city, which extends some 40km along the country’s east coast, are all about fun, sun and relaxation. Hotels and resorts back one beautiful beach after another, from the old town of El Dahar to the coastal communities of Soma Bay and Makadi Bay.
Diving in Hurghada
Many visitors choose to plan their holidays in Hurghada around diving. The Red Sea’s crystal-clear waters are ideal for beginners looking to gain their Padi Open Water Certification, or qualified divers who prefer easy, shallow descents. Even the snorkelling is superb, with magnificent stretches of reef and diverse marine life close to shore.
Why book Hurghada holidays
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Never go hungry (or thirsty) here
Discover the best beaches
Make the most of the sunny weather at the beach
Perfect for watersports
Scuba diving and snorkelling are particularly popular
Go on a road trip
Explore cities like Cairo, Luxor or Aswan
Rest & relaxation
Spend your days in the sun... doing nothing
Must-visit historical sites
Visit the Great Pyramids while in Egypt
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Hurghada holidays
Top 5 things to do in Hurghada
Beyond the endless beaches and idyllic resort pools, Hurghada breaks offer adventure in spades. Whether you’re thinking of mastering a new watersport or delving into local culture, there are myriad options to tempt you from your sunlounger.
- A holiday to Hurghada isn’t complete without a dip in the Red Sea. Head to Giftun Island National Park for a chance to spot colourful parrot fish, butterflyfish and anemonefish.
- The Monasteries of St. Anthony and St. Paul, dating back to the 4th century AD, make a fascinating day trip. They’re thought to be the oldest Christian monasteries in the world.
- Take your first foray into the desert the traditional way: on the back of a camel. Just don’t expect to find your balance straight away.
- Even Egypt’s ancient sites are accessible from Hurghada. In around four hours you can reach the Valley of the Kings where Thebes was once the Pharaohs’ powerful capital and the Karnak Temple and the Temple of Hatshepsut still stand today.
- El Dahar is Hurghada’s traditional heart. Come to stroll through the markets and visit the beautiful Al Mina Mosque.
Top Resort Areas in Hurghada
Hotels in Hurghada are spread along the coast, with each resort area offering a different vibe and attractions.
- Hurghada’s smart Marina Boulevard, backing the yacht-filled harbour, marks a rough mid-point. Staying near here means easy access to a wide choice of great bars and restaurants, as well as the airport.
- Many families head south to Makadi Bay, where hotels are close to the aqua park, great snorkelling and a soft sandy beach.
- You’ll find world-class thalasso therapy as well as excellent beaches at Soma Bay, a short hop further south from Makadi Bay.
- The smart resort El Gouna, to the north of Hurghada, is set across a series of lagoons and islands. A small marina, great restaurants and golf courses are among the draws.
- Relaxation is top of the agenda in Sahl Hasheesh, between the centre of Hurghada and Makadi Bay. The resort is set around a reconstructed old town and backs a beautiful swathe of sand.
What our local experts say
Insider’s Guide: Planning A Weekend Away With Little (or ...
It’s that time of year – the skies are darkening, weather’s decidedly more chilly, and you’re dreaming of your next break away for some relaxation,Continue reading
Most popular Hurghada hotels
Your Hurghada questions answered
The weather in Hurghada rarely gets chilly, although the most pleasant times to visit are usually spring and autumn. Average temperatures go up to 35°C in August, when it can feel quite humid away from the sea. In December, average temperatures drop to 23°C.
Top Hurghada hotels
5 Star Hotels
- Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort
- Hilton Hurghada Resort
- Dana Beach Resort - Families & Couples Only
- Albatros Palace
- Desert Rose Resort
- Continental Hotel Hurghada
- Pharaoh Azur Resort (Ex. Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort)
- Sunrise Holidays Resort (Adults Only)
- Sunrise Garden Beach Resort
- SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort
- SUNRISE Royal Makadi Aqua Resort
- SUNRISE Crystal Bay Resort - Grand Select
- Jaz Aquamarine
- Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel
- Titanic Beach Spa & Aqua Park
- Titanic Palace & Aqua Park
- Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel
- Sea Star Beau Rivage
- AMC Royal Hotel & SPA
- Jasmine Palace Resort
- Caves Beach Resort Hurghada
- Steigenberger Pure Lifestyle Adults Only - All Inclusive
- Titanic Royal
- Albatros White Beach - All Inclusive
4 Star Hotels
- Three Corners Sunny Beach
- Alf Leila Wa Leila
- Jungle Aqua Park
- Sea Gull Beach Resort
- Royal Lagoons Resort & Aqua Park
- Ali Baba Palace
- Sindbad Club
- Hurghada Long Beach Resort
- Beach Albatros Resort - All Inclusive
- Mercure Hurghada
- Coral Beach Resort Hurghada
- Mina Mark Beach & Aqua Park (ex. Minamark Beach Resort)
- Aladdin Beach
- Golden Beach Resort
- Sunny Days Resort Spa & Aqua Park
- Elysees Dream Beach Hotel
- Aqua Blu Resort - Families & Couples Only
- Roma Host Way
- Royal Star Beach Resort Ex. Three Corners Royal Star
- Arabia Azur Resort - All Inclusive
- Bella Vista
- Arabella Azur Resort - All Inclusive
- King Tut Aqua Beach Resort
- Nubia Aqua Beach Resort
- Regina Resort & Aqua Park
- Magic Beach Hotel
- Meraki Resort (Adults Only)
- Hawaii Caesar Palace Hotel & Aqua Park (EX. Mirage Aqua Park Hotel & Spa)
- Titanic Resort & Aquapark
- Sphinx Resort
- Samra Bay Hotel And Resort
- Bella Rose Nefertiti
- Hawaii Caesar Dreams Resort
- Aqua Vista Resort - Families & Couples Only
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 09:04 21 January 2021