Happening Hersonissos holidays 2021
A bustling waterfront, gorgeous beaches and lively nightlife scene makes holidays to Hersonossis ideal for those after both relaxation and excitement.
Nestled on Crete’s north coast and just 24 kilometres from Heraklion, Hersonossis is considered one of the island’s top holiday destinations. It’s blessed with gorgeous white sand beaches, plus it’s surrounded by some amazing family-friendly attractions, including a Greek mythology-themed park. After dark, you’ll find the town’s waterfront comes alive thanks to a seemingly endless range of bars and beach clubs.
Family fun in Hersonissos
If you're venturing to Crete with family, Hersonissos breaks have plenty to keep both kids and adults entertained. Get lost in the Minotaur’s maze at Labyrinth Park, zoom down water slides at Acqua Park or journey back in time at the Parlamas Museum of Rural Life.
Why book Hersonissos holidays
Discover the best beaches
With three sandy beaches on offer, and lively beach bars nearby, heading to the beach is a must!
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Hersonissos is the life of the party! Expect waterfront bars, DJ sets and even chilled pubs
Perfect for watersports
If you prefer a more thrilling time at the beach, there's jet skiing, snorkelling, windsurfing and more!
Fun water parks
There are a couple of water parks in Hersonissos that surely the whole family will love
Sample the local food
You can't leave Hersonissos without trying delicious Greek dishes
Must-visit historical sites
Visit the Minoan palace ruins in Malia dating back to 1900BC
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Hersonissos holidays
Best beaches in Hersonissos
Lounge around on sandy beaches dotted with tempting tavernas when you book package holidays to Hersonissos.
- Hersonissos Beach is the resort’s most central coastal stretch and you’ll find it just south of the harbour. There are sunbeds for hire, plus tavernas and bars with uninterrupted vistas.
- If you want to party right on the sand, Star Beach is a good shout. It’s a little further down the coast and surrounded by popular hotels, meaning there’s plenty of sunbeds and water sports on offer.
- There’s also a buzzing music venue which hosts weekly foam parties in the summer.
- Head north of the harbour beyond the hotels and you’ll find Limanakia Beach. It’s smaller than most other beaches in the area, but blessed with golden sand and clear waters that are very rarely rough.
- Drapano Beach lies a short stroll from the Lychnostatis Open Air Museum and it’s another great place for lazier days. While one side belongs to a hotel, the other is made up of a vast stretch of golden sand.
- If you’ve rented a car, why not carry on east of Hersonissos to Malia Beach? The popular sandy beach is teeming with amenities and boasts views across to a tiny island with a pretty church at its centre.
Farther flung beaches in Hersonissos
In addition to idyllic beaches in Hersonissos itself, you’ll find a selection of lovely coves just a short drive away.
- Gefyri Beach sits north of Limanakia Beach and is a wonderful spot for sunbathing and swimming. There’s sunbeds for hire, plus a nice little coffee shop for snacks and cold drinks.
- Venture north from Gefryi and you’ll hit Sarantari Beach. Equally idyllic, it’s a fantastic spot for snorkelling when it’s calm. It’s worth noting that the far end is an unofficial nudist beach.
- Uninterrupted ocean views and miles of sand await at Anissaras Beach. A mere ten minute drive from Hersonossis, it’s the main coastal stretch of Anissaras and features both busy and deserted areas.
- If you’re keen to head further east of Hersonossis, make a beeline for Potamos Beach. The beautiful spot is more tranquil than other beaches in the area and has calm water that’s perfect for children.
- Wild and breezy, Aposelemi Beach is the ideal place to stop off for a stroll or swim after visiting CRETAquarium. It’s situated next to a nature reserve and is home to two fantastic tavernas.
What our local experts say
Top 10 places for a spring holiday
Winter is on the way out, so why not celebrate by planning your spring holiday? Lower prices, no crowds and plenty of sunshine make spring the perfect time to get away for a break! Whether you want to go hiking in Crete, soak up the sun in Dubai, or chill ...Continue reading
Most popular Hersonissos hotels
Your Hersonissos questions answered
Crete is blessed with long dry summers and short mild winters. For bright sunshine and warm temperatures, plan your Hersonissos holiday during the summer months.
Top Hersonissos hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
- Arminda Hotel
- Star Beach
- Eri Beach
- Mediterraneo Hotel
- Aldemar Cretan Village
- Aqua Sun Village
- Asterias Village Hotel
- Silva Beach Hotel
- Heronissos Hotel
- Hersonissos Village
- Evelyn Beach
- Palatia Village
- Diamond Village Apartments
- Palmera Beach - Adults Only
- Glaros Hotel
- Golden Beach Hotel
- Imperial Belvedere - All Inclusive
- The City Green Hotel (Adult only)
- Infinity Blue Boutique Hotel and Spa - Adults Only
- Grand Hotel Holiday Resort
- Porto Greco Village Beach Hotel
- Royal Belvedere - All Inclusive
- Semiramis Village - All Inclusive
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 01:22 27 January 2021