Gush Dan Holidays 2019 / 2020
Gush Dan covers a large area in central Israel including the popular destination of Tel Aviv. It is the largest metropolitan area in the whole of Israel, boasting its picturesque Mediterranean coastline.
Gush Dan holidays transport you to Israel’s long stretch of sandy beaches, its bustling markets and its arty core in the heart of Tel Aviv.
Our cheap holidays to Gush Dan make your trip even better! Travel there for an affordable price whilst keeping the luxury you want in a Gush Dan hotel.
Things to do in Gush Dan
Discover the old and new of Gush Dan, whilst spending time soaking up the hustle and bustle of its busy epicentre.
- Old City – Venture down winding alleyways for a taste of Tel Aviv’s culture. Get a bargain at Jaffa Flea Market or stop off in a local art gallery.
- Neve Tzedek – This modern side of Tel Aviv features fashion stores and small boutique shops. Aside from that, you can expect great nightlife in the area too.
- Israel National Trail – If you’d rather explore the nature on offer in Gush Dan, the National Trail is the spot for you. This hiking path passes through the whole of Israel, from Dan to Eilat.
- Tel Aviv Promenade – Situated along the Mediterranean coast of Tel Aviv, this promenade is perfect for daytime walks.
- Safari Ramat Gan – A drive through zoo which has a variety of animals as well as shows and tours.
Gush Dan family holidays
Families will have more than a good time on a holiday to Gush Dan. There’s simply so much to do here, that even the little ones can get involved. Tel Aviv is home to a wide variety of museums which will surely intrigue the kids too. Head to Eretz Israel Museum for an insight into Israeli history and culture. As well as the usual exhibitions, there’s also a planetarium and garden area making it perfect for a day out with the kids. All children love having a look at the animals, so, Safari Ramat Gan is a must for a family day out. It’s a drive through zoo, which is great if you’ve hired a car during your stay in Gush Dan. Plus, when on holiday in Gush Dan, it’s only right that a beach day is on the cards. Head to Gordon or Frishman Beach where the little ones can have fun building sandcastles as you sit back and enjoy the views.
Gush Dan culture
Gush Dan’s history and culture can be spotted throughout the Old City with a range of architecture. The Clock Tower and St. Peter’s Church are both from the Ottoman period and can be seen in the Old City. But if you’re more of an artsy traveller, the Ilana Goor Museum is well-worth a visit. The museum has a variety of international art as well as Israeli art. The Tel Aviv Museum of Art also boasts art from local and international artists, it also includes a sculpture garden too! On top of that, the Museum of the Jewish People at Beit Hatfutsot gives an insightful look into Jewish history and culture.
Gush Dan nightlife
Nightlife in Gush Dan is unmissable! Tel Aviv knows how to put on a party, so there is always something going on. Plus, it is one of the top LGBT friendly cities in the world, so there’s diversity to love in the city. Whether you’re hoping to spend the evening in a laid-back bar or go all out with a night out in a club, Tel Aviv has it all! Head to Kuli Alma for a relaxed vibe, it also shows off Israel’s artsy side with a variety of exhibits. On the other hand, Radio EPGB gives off underground vibes and has a dancefloor where you can party ‘til the sun comes up.
Beaches in Gush Dan
Gush Dan has a whole host of beaches to look forward to. Thanks to Tel Aviv’s Mediterranean coastline, there’s a vast length of sandy shores and cool waters to enjoy.
- Gordon Beach – One of the most popular beaches in Israel, Gordon Beach has loads of activities for all ages. Enjoy volleyball and even a swimming pool, or head to a café along the boardwalk.
- Poleg Beach – Based in Netanya, this beach is the most southern beach in the city. There are loads of amenities including changing rooms and showers.
- Sironit Beach – This picturesque beach has a transparent lift which leads down to the beach from the Rishonim Promenade. There are also two piers on the beach which provide an area for those with disabilities to bathe.
- Mezizim Beach – A great family beach, you can take a dip in the sea whilst the little ones enjoy the children’s playground.
- Jerusalem Beach – This is the perfect spot for a beach day, but when you’re not bathing, enjoy Israel’s national game of matkot.
Gush Dan couples holidays
Couples holidays to Gush Dan are always a great choice. The sheer variety of things to do here mean there’s something for different types of couples. Consider yourselves adventurous? Head to the Israel National Trail for a hiking session or head up to the top of the Azrieli Observatory to take in the views of Tel Aviv from up above. Consider yourselves laid-back? Perhaps, head to Israel’s Mediterranean coast to soak up the sun and take a dip in its cooling waters. Or you might prefer taking a walk around the Old City. Admire the landmarks from the Ottoman period and the traditional architecture on display.
Gush Dan food
Gush Dan has loads of great restaurants to choose from. Especially in the city of Tel Aviv. Whether you’re looking for something elegant and trendy, or something quick and easy, there’s plenty on offer. Plus, street food is a favourite in Tel Aviv, meaning there is a lot to eat after a night out too. Choose from kebabs, falafel and tasty stuffed pittas. Go for Mediterranean and Middle Eastern classics too. But even the fussiest of eaters will find something that they like, thanks to the wide range of cuisine on offer in Tel Aviv.