TRY: Turkish lira
Gumbet holidays 2021
Cosmopolitan Gumbet is a modern beach resort surrounded by ancient ruins and natural wonders. If you’re looking for fun in the sun, pack your bags for a Turkish adventure on the shores of the sparkling Aegean Sea.
Once a quiet beach village within a stone’s throw of Bodrum, Gumbet holidays offer everything you need for an all-inclusive getaway. The lively resort curves around an idyllic bay and nightlife hotspots are just steps from the golden sand. History buffs flock to castles and museums, while foodies eat up a storm at world-class restaurants.
Outdoor adventures in Gumbet
Delve into the magical underwater world on snorkelling and scuba diving trips from Gumbet. Water sports are always an option and the Bodrum Peninsula offers windsurfing thrills. Discover epic views on coastal hiking trails and take to the hills with a mountain bike. Best of all, the Mediterranean climate generally ensures blue skies and sunshine for non-stop adventures.
Why book Gumbet holidays
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
One of Turkey's liveliest resorts, Gumbet has a whole host of bars and clubs on Bar Street that comes alive at night
Discover the best beaches
A Blue Flag awarded beach, you'll be in for a treat!
Perfect for watersports
Try a variety of watersports in Gumbet and admire the turquoise waters first-hand
Sample the local food
Head down Gumbet's back streets for great local restaurants serving up mezze, kebabs and kofte
Explore the local markets
The shops and stalls at the bazaar are perfect for grabbing a bargain and a souvenir
Go on a road trip
Head into Bodrum Town for a touch of history and exciting nightlife
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Gumbet holidays
Top 5 things to do in Gumbet
From sun seekers to culture vultures and fun-loving families, holidays to Gumbet offer action-packed travel itineraries.
- Even before it was a holiday hotspot, beach lovers flocked to Gumbet as one of Bodrum’s most beautiful stretches of sand. It’s dotted with sunbeds and umbrellas, and lined with restaurants, shops and hotels.
- Soak up impressive views of the Bodrum Windmills high on the hill and get your postcard shot. The 18th-century icons are located between Bodrum town and Gumbet Bay.
- Whether you want to dive, snorkel, fish or set sail at sunset, you’ll find a boat trip to explore the Aegean Coast from Gumbet. The Big Reef dive site features abundant marine life and it’s just a 15-minute ride offshore.
- Built by the Knights Hospitaller, the 15th-century Bodrum Castle is the region’s most famous landmark. While you’re there, explore the fascinating Museum of Underwater Archaeology.
- Visiting Gumbet with the kids? Make their day with a trip to Bodrum Aquapark Ortakent. Heart-pumping slides join swimming pools, foam parties and a relaxing lazy river to keep everyone smiling.
Historic and cultural attractions in Gumbet
Off the golden sand, Gumbet holidays provide an ideal base for exploring some of Turkey’s historic wonders.
- The Myndos Gate is the only surviving entrance to the walls of Halicarnassus, which were destroyed by the armies of Alexander the Great. Get your camera ready for pictures of the ruins with scenic hills in the background.
- Dating back to the fourth century BC, the Bodrum Amphitheatre still hosts seasonal performances today and overlooks the ocean.
- The Ottoman Cemetery and Shipyard houses the tombs of famous Turkish seamen. Visit the 18th-century defence tower for art exhibitions and sweeping views.
- One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus was destroyed by earthquakes over the years. You’ll see marble ruins and models of its previous splendour.
- Do you love seashells? Pop into the Bodrum Maritime Museum to see more than 6,000 of them, along with spectacular model ships.
Most popular Gumbet hotels
Your Gumbet questions answered
The direct flight time from London to Milas-Bodrum Airport is about four hours. Once there, airport shuttles, private transfers and taxis get you to Gumbet in around 45 minutes.
Top Gumbet hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:50 26 January 2021