GBP: British pound
Guernsey holidays take you to the Channel Islands situated in the English Channel. Also, near the French coast, Guernsey has both British and French influences. The good news is that it doesn’t take long to get to Guernsey, making it a convenient destination for an island break. Guernsey is perfect for the adventurous as well as for those who prefer a laid-back time on holiday. From picturesque coastal walks to the all-important sights you can’t miss out on, this island sure packs a punch!
Things to do in Guernsey
Explore the beaches of Guernsey and the sights for an unforgettable holiday!
- Visit the Little Chapel - this tiny church is totally unique and unlike any other. Covered in little mosaics, the chapel was created in 1914 by Brother Deodat who was inspired by the grotto and basilica at Lourdes.
- Discover Fort Grey Maritime Museum - if you enjoy museums, you’ll have a great day out here. Located on the west coast of the island, Fort Grey has a range of interesting exhibitions.
- Spend the day at the beach - whether you plan on taking a dip in the sea, or you just want to enjoy a walk along the sand, Guernsey’s beaches are a hit. Enjoy the likes of Le Pied Du Mur, Les Amarreurs Anchorage and Ladies Bay.
- Start your day with a leisurely stroll - Guernsey is great for walking and even challenging hikes. There’re cliff paths boasting sweeping views of the coastline or you can venture out on walks which will have you passing fascinating historical landmarks along the way.
- Check out Victor Hugo’s Hauteville House - visit the acclaimed French author’s house where he spent 15 years in exile from his home of France. This is where he wrote the incredible Les Miserables, so it’s a definite must-see!
Fall in love with the town
Make sure you plan a visit to Guernsey’s capital of St Peter Port during your stay. It may be small, but there’s plenty going on to keep you entertained. St Peter Port is actually known as ‘town’ to the locals and that’s exactly what you can expect. It will be filled with narrow, cobblestoned streets, it’ll be hustling and bustling with people and you’ll also have the beautiful backdrop of Castle Cornet. It’s here in St Peter Port where you’ll find Hauteville House - Victor Hugo’s home, as well as local markets too.
Top Guernsey hotels
4 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 05:27 8 March 2021