Scattered across the Aegean and Ionian Seas, the Greek Islands feature famous beaches and volcanic wonders. Ancient ruins, foodie trails and thrilling adventures complete a recipe for holiday bliss.
Travel bucket list dreams come true on holidays in the Greek Islands. Step back in time to some of Europe’s oldest civilisations and delve into tales from Greek mythology. It’s no secret that the islands of Greece boast some of the world’s best beaches. However, nothing quite prepares you for the supermodel stretches of white sand and aquamarine waters.
Outdoor Adventures in the Greek Islands
From sunset sailing to windsurfing and scuba diving, Greek Island holidays serve up water sports on a silver platter. Away from the stunning coastlines, you’ll hike to volcanoes and cycle through lush vineyards. The paradise landscapes bask beneath a balmy, Mediterranean climate that offers sunny summers and mild winters for year-round travel.
Why book Greek Islands holidays
Discover the best beaches
Azure Aegean waters meet white-sand beaches
Sample the local food
Sizzling souvlaki, golden olive oil and a hefty portion of tzatziki
Must-visit historical sites
Numerous ancient Greek ruins will take you on a journey to a glorious past
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Drink some ouzo in a taverna and hit the town. Zante & Mykonos are big on nightlife
Try the local wine
From dry red Cretan wines to Santorini's famous white, you're in for a treat
Amazing all inclusive resorts
All of the islands offer some pretty sumptuous all inclusive options
The mythological birthplace of Zeus never fails to bewitch travellers. Ancient treasures, sun-drenched beaches and gourmet treats are just the …From £88 per person
From stunning seas to cobbled streets and buzzing nightlife, Rhodes serves up a mixed cocktail of holiday fun. Pack your …From £128 per person
The isle of Corfu lies just a stone’s throw off Greece’s northwestern coast. Corfu holidays combine rugged lush mountains with …From £94 per person
Pictures don’t do justice to Zante’s breathtaking beaches encircled by the Ionian Sea. Charming villages, dazzling nightlife and fun activities …From £117 per person
Dreamy beaches and a heritage stretching back millenia make Kos holidays heaven for those after a balance of culture and …From £101 per person
The sheer cliffs, white Cycladic houses and sensational sunsets of Santorini inspire travellers across the globe. Pack your bags for …From £160 per person
Top resorts in Greek Islands
Lively Laganas is tucked into Laganas Bay in the south of Zante surrounded by big sandy beaches, beautiful quiet bays …From £124 per person
The largest beach resort on Rhodes island, Faliraki is a fantastic all-rounder summer holiday destination for families, couples and young …From £128 per person
Relax in a former fishing village turned lively beach resort on Kardamena breaks. Throw in adrenaline-rushing water sports and fascinating …From £134 per person
Analipsi sits pretty on the north coast of Crete, about 13 miles east of the vibrant island capital of Heraklion …From £147 per person
In search of sandy beaches, family-friendly hotels and Greece’s famously warm Mediterranean hospitality? Kiotari holidays offer the perfect stress-free island …From £267 per person
A world-famous party destination, Kavos has sun, sea and serious fun in droves. Come for the nightlife, but stay for …From £110 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Greek Islands holidays
Top 5 things to do in the Greek Islands
Looking for family-friendly fun, romantic escapes or heart-pumping thrills? You’ll find it on holidays in the Greek Islands.
- Santorini is one of the most popular luxury honeymoon destinations in the world. The Cycladic island features awe-inspiring Aegean views and a caldera that soars 1,100 feet above sea level. Romantic sunsets don’t come much better.
- One of Europe’s longest canyons, Crete’s Samaria Gorge offers a 16-kilometre hike through soaring cliffs, narrow passageways and lush forests.
- Celebrities and party-goers flock to glamorous Mykonos for summer holidays. Blue-domed churches, whitewashed houses and postcard-perfect windmills join stunning beaches and lively beach bars.
- Navagio Beach decorates the coast of Zante and travel magazines across the globe. Otherwise known as Shipwreck Beach, towering limestone cliffs frame turquoise waters, white sand and the corroded shell of a smuggler’s ship.
- From its UNESCO-listed Old Town to gorgeous Blue Flag beaches, Corfu is a favourite for family holidays. Visit Aqualand Corfu Water Park and Corfu Aquarium.
Historic highlights of the Greek Islands
From ancient hilltop temples to cobbled medieval streets and Byzantine churches, Greek Island holidays are a treat for history buffs.
- The ancient city of Knossos was the centre of the Minoan, the earliest of the Aegean civilizations in Crete. Visit the Palace of Knossos to see massive columns and frescoes at the restored archaeological site.
- Hop on the ferry from Mykonos to visit the sacred island of Delos. The mythical birthplace of Apollo and Artemis features sprawling ruins and a museum filled with Greek sculptures.
- According to Greek mythology, Zeus was raised on the island of Naxos. See the massive marble gateway of Portara and explore Venetian fortresses. The Archaeological Museum of Naxos hosts artefacts from the Neolithic to the early-Christian times.
- The excavation area of Ancient Agora in Kos is a fascinating jumble of baths, temples, columns and mosaics.
- You’ll see influences from the Minoans, Macedonians, Romans and Byzantines on the island of Paros. Stroll the cobblestone alleys of the Naoussa Old Town and visit Panagia Ekatontapiliani, a 4th-century church.
What our local experts say
Why we love Corfu
The Greek Islands are known to have it all. Pleasant weather, great beaches and fantastic historical sites. The truth is, there really is something for everyone to enjoy. Making the Greek Islands one of the best destinations for every type of holidaymaker. Whether you’re travelling as a couple, family ...Continue reading
8 surprising facts about Kos
The Greek Islands are full of surprises! Mostly known for their sandy beaches, lovely Mediterranean weather and ancient Greek and Roman landmarks, with a visit to the Greek Islands, you’ll soon realise that there is plenty to explore. Kos in particular offers all of these highlights and so much ...
How to plan a romantic escape to Crete
The idea of a romantic getaway is exciting and might be just what you need for a break. You might be thinking about the palm lined beaches of the Caribbean or a historical city break in Rome. But what about something which combines the beaches with the history? What about ...
Most popular Greek Islands hotels
Greek Islands weather
Your Greek Islands questions answered
It’s hard to go wrong with any of the Greek Islands when it comes to choosing beautiful holiday destinations. The most popular include Santorini, Corfu, Crete, Mykonos, Rhodes, Zante and Kos.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 10:03 22 January 2021