Discover Gran Canaria holidays 2021
Gran Canaria’s incredible diversity has earned its reputation as a continent in miniature. From dazzling beaches to volcanic craters and dramatic mountains, this is a natural playground of epic proportions.
The third-largest of the Canary Islands, Gran Canaria basks in the sunny splendour of 60 kilometres of beaches. A UNESCO-designated Biosphere Reserve encompasses 43 per cent of the surface area and a magical marine environment. Wildlife-spotting is a given, as the home of 48 bird species, loggerhead turtles, dolphins and whales. Along with natural wonders, all-inclusive beach resorts and fun attractions make Gran Canaria a world-class family holiday destination.
A world of adventure activities
What’s your favourite outdoor adventure activity? Chances are, you’ll find it on Gran Canaria holidays. Choose kayaking, canyoning, hiking and surfing. Delve into the underwater world at breathtaking dive sites and try power snorkelling with a sea scooter. In terms of the weather, this is one of the sunniest places on the globe, with almost year-round mild temperatures.
Why book Gran Canaria holidays
Discover the best beaches
Unique black lava beaches and golden sands too
Lush natural wonders
Gran Canaria is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Fancy a beachfront resort with all the trimmings
Perfect for watersports
Kayaking, diving, snorkelling... you name it!
Great national parks
Hike, walk or relax at the island's beautiful national parks
The Angry Birds Activity Park and local water parks are always a hit
Top resorts in Gran Canaria
Playa del Ingles
Proudly bearing one of Europe’s most famous beaches, the sun-drenched resort town of Playa del Inglés is a Canary Island …From £156 per person
Puerto Rico (GC)
A golden stretch of sand highlights white, hillside hotels in one of Gran Canaria’s most popular beach resorts. Puerto Rico …From £144 per person
Maspalomas holidays are the stuff of dreams. That’s all down to the Gran Canaria resort’s silky sand dunes, stylish hotels …From £167 per person
Puerto de Mogan
An idyllic resort nestled at the mouth of one of Gran Canaria’s prettiest valleys, Puerto de Mogán is a picture-perfect …From £214 per person
If you’ve ever been a bit doubtful about purpose-built resorts, Playa Taurito on Gran Canaria could be the place that …From £230 per person
San Agustin (GC)
Relaxed and laid-back San Agustin sits in the south of Gran Canaria, and boasts a gorgeous, sandy beach backed by …From £181 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Gran Canaria holidays
Fun Gran Canaria experiences
Looking for romantic sunsets, historic towns, sun-drenched beaches or exciting theme parks? How about glittering nightlife? Your holiday wish is Gran Canaria’s command.
- Feeding time at Crocodile Park is a thrilling experience, as you watch the giant residents use those mighty jaws. The zoo also gets you up-close to tigers, deer, snakes and monkeys.
- Playa de las Canteras stretches along the capital city of Las Palmas. Protected, calm waters offer fantastic snorkelling and the promenade bustles with ice cream parlours, cafes and bars.
- One of the island’s most popular attractions, Palmitos Park is a wonderland of gardens, birds and marine life. Watch bird-of-prey shows, discover the colourful Orchid House and admire the spectacular Cactus Garden.
- The astonishing Natural Dune Reserve of Maspalomas covers 400 hectares of protected land. Vast, rolling sand dunes join a lagoon filled with wildlife, a palm grove and a stunning beach.
- At 1,949 metres above sea level, Pico de las Nieves is Gran Canaria’s highest point. It’s located in the heart of the island, with a lookout for sweeping views over the incredible Biosphere Reserve.
- Take a panoramic trek to the National Monument of Roque Nublo, one of the largest natural crags on the planet. The geological wonder was an ancient place of worship and soars 80 metres skyward.
- A favourite of Gran Canaria postcards, Maspalomas Beach is backed by the famous dunes. Four sections provide fun for everyone, with family-friendly facilities, nudist zones and sunbeds.
- A golden crescent of sand sets the scene for jet skiing, sailing and windsurfing at Playa Puerto Rico. The popular beach resort is also a stepping-off point for cruises and glass-bottom boat trips.
- Vegueta was the original settlement of Las Palmas. The old town’s quaint cobbled streets are lined with historic buildings, atmospheric cafes and museums.
- Located on the southern coast, Puerto de Mogan is a mix of fishing village charm and up-market leisure facilities. A marina, golden sand and underwater excursions keep you busy or lazing about all day.
Gran Canaria top attraction: beach resorts
Gran Canaria’s coastal towns and villages offer scenic bases to suit you, whether you want pure relaxation, romantic seclusion or family-friendly attractions.
- Playa del Ingles is one of Europe’s most popular beaches, with water sports, family attractions and dance clubs galore. This is a top spot for all inclusive holidays, with everything you need in the one place.
- To escape the crowds, San Agustin brings the chilled-out vibe to go with its sandy beach. It was one of the first resorts established on the island and features an idyllic promenade for seafood dining.
- For high-end boutiques, gourmet international cuisine and sophisticated nightlife, stay at the up-market resort of Meloneras. The tranquil beach promenade is perfect for romantic sunset strolling.
- Bahia Feliz is a petite, peaceful town with a pedestrianised village square for shopping and dining. The dark-sand beach features dramatic headlands with hidden spots for serenity.
- You’ll find the authenticity of a working port at Arguineguin. Spend fun nights at fishermen's bars and local seafood restaurants. A coastal promenade connects the town with the nearby resort of Patalavaca.
What our local experts say
9 of the best luxury experiences in Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria has long been a popular holiday choice for Brits. No doubt due to the year-round sunshine and the fact that the island is such a versatile destination. And, when it comes to luxury, the island is definitely not one to be missed. Especially with these fab luxury Gran ...Continue reading
5 reasons why a Gran Canaria holiday will make you ...
Family holiday? Couples retreat? A catch up abroad with your mates? It doesn’t matter what the occasion is or who you’re travelling with, Gran Canaria is the place to be! Plus, if you’re looking for a dose of optimism or a spring in your step, a holiday ...
Lopesan Hotels: your fabulous sunny retreat
Lopesan Hotels have long been a market leader in the Canary Islands, with decades of experience providing travellers with the holiday of their dreams. Offering gorgeous hotels set in the most desirable locations, all with outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Lopesan Hotels are guaranteed to make your holiday truly unforgettable.
Most popular Gran Canaria hotels
Gran Canaria weather
Your Gran Canaria questions answered
You’ll fly to Gran Canaria with airlines including British Airways, Norwegian, Ryanair, easyJet and Iberia. Direct flights will get you there in about four and a half hours.
Top Gran Canaria destinations
Check out our top Gran Canaria destinations below
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 15:12 20 January 2021