Gozo Holidays 2021
Gozo is a small island located off the north coast of Malta, past the even smaller island of Comino. Together, they form part of the exciting Maltese archipelago, drenched in thousands of years of culture. Gozo holidays make it easy to experience all this and more, including the warm sun and epic beaches.
If it’s a laid back break you’re after, you’ll find it on the island of Gozo. Measuring just 8 miles x 4 miles — roughly the same size as Manhattan Island in New York City — you can easily get around Gozo by car, by bike, or even by foot, discovering beautiful scenery and mixing with the friendly, welcoming locals.
You can enjoy cheap holidays to Gozo all year round, with temperatures staying comfortably in the mid 20s even through the autumn months. A cheap holiday to the island could be just what you need to refresh and rejuvenate, exploring the amazing sites and soaking up the incredible atmosphere.
Why book Gozo holidays
Discover the best beaches
If you’re after a quality beach holiday, you simply have to head to Ramla Bay
Explore the city
Get to know Victoria, the island’s gorgeous capital city
Must-visit historical sites
Visit the impressive Ta’Pinu Basilica and the Ggantija temples
Top attractions to visit
Explore the fascinating museums hiding inside the Citadella
Pick a path along the coast and enjoy the lovely views on a hike around Gozo
Lush natural wonders
Don’t miss out on the Marsalforn salt pans
Top resorts in Gozo
Xlendi, located in the south west of Gozo, is home to Xlendi Bay, a popular beach spot for swimming and …From £155 per person
Mgarr is the harbour where the ferry from Malta will drop you off on the lovely island of Gozo. Operating …From £226 per person
Ghasri in Gozo, MaltaFrom £212 per person
Known for its beautiful bays and sandwiched between two hilltop towns in the forms of Xaghra and Zebbug, Marsalforn holidays …From £188 per person
Sannat in Gozo, MaltaFrom £231 per person
Xaghra is a village on Gozo, located north of the capital, Victoria. Potentially the oldest inhabited place on Gozo, Xaghra …From £262 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Gozo holidays
Small but mighty… that’s Gozo! Although tiny, there are actually lots of incredible things to do in Gozo, right the way through from cultural activities to coastal water adventures. It’s great for all the family.
- Hop on the ferry at Cirkewwa in Malta and take the short journey past Comino to Mgarr Harbour on Gozo. The capital, officially called Victoria but known locally by the original name Rabat, is home to the impressive 16th century citadella which has been at the heart of activity on Gozo since prehistoric times.
- While Gozo is small — inhabited by just 40,000 Gozitans — it’s home to a remarkably large number of churches; 46 to be exact. Some date back thousands of years, such as the UNESCO listed Ggantija, a 5500 year old complex in Xaghra believed to be the second oldest man-made religious building in the world.
- Gozo, beyond its gorgeous history and ancient ruins, offers some of the best diving spots in the Mediterranean. In fact, one of the best things to do in Xlendi, and other places such as Marsalforn, is diving into the clear waters. The Blue Lagoon and P31 patrol boat off Comino are also great local dive sites.
It’s good to strike a balance during your holiday, exploring the island’s captivating heritage, and indulging in the relaxing luxury of the many Gozo beaches that can be found dotted along the coast.
- One of the best beaches in Gozo is Ramla Bay Beach with its jaw-dropping red sands (the name translates to ‘Red Sandy Beach’). It’s rarely crowded here as the local area of Xaghra is largely undeveloped. Make sure you visit the fantastic Calypso Cave, which is great for thrill seekers.
- Xlendi is home to a lovely pebble beach, with stunning cliffs and an assortment of caves, Here, you’ll find some of the best snorkelling spots on the island, and you could easily spend a few hours exploring the depths before sampling the local foods. You can reach the resort by car through Munxar or Fontana.
- Marsalforn is one of the most popular resorts on Gozo. Home to fantastic Gozo beach hotels like San Andrea Hotel, this north coast village welcomes visitors from all across the world during the summertime. The beautiful promenade here snakes its way around the crystal clear waters of the bay.
What our local experts say
Top 5 filming locations for Game of Thrones in Malta ...
Now that season seven of Game of Thrones has hit the small screen, we thought it would be a good time to recall the first time this addictive TV series came into our lives. The lovely islands of Malta and Gozo were chosen as locations for the first series, and ...Continue reading
Top 10 Festivals and Events in Malta
The Maltese people love to celebrate. There is always something going on in Malta, from traditional village festivals to major cultural events. We’ve come up with a list of our top 10 festivals and events in Malta, but you’ll find plenty more to see and do whenever you ...
Gozo: combine sunshine with history
Gozo is a charming and beautiful island, and one that’s often overlooked as a holiday destination in favour of its more famous neighbour Malta. However, there is an awful lot to discover on Gozo and it is, of course, blessed with the same wonderful weather.
Most popular Gozo hotels
Your Gozo questions answered
If you’re travelling to Gozo from Malta as a foot passenger, fares are very low; just €4.65 per adult and €1.15 for children aged 3 - 12. If you’re taking a vehicle, the cost for a car and driver is €15.70.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:11 18 January 2021