High end hotels and views of Corfu island’s biggest marina make holidays to Gouvia a fantastic pick for couples. Water sports and safe swimming beaches also give it a fantastic family-friendly vibe.
Nestled on Corfu’s east coast and only a short drive from Corfu Town, Gouvia holidays provide a fantastic balance of relaxation and excitement. The town is awash with great places to eat, sleep and play. Plus you’re just around the corner from the island’s biggest marina. When you’re not lounging poolside or on the sand, you’ll be able to enjoy day trips to historic towns, lofty peaks and fun-packed water parks.
History in Gouvia
With its location just 15 minutes from Corfu Town, Gouvia’s history is unsurprisingly linked. The town was once the site of a major Venetian shipyard during the 18th century. You’ll be able to spot the ruins of the arsenal south of the main beach.
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Gouvia holidays
Gouvia holidays are all about spending time in the great outdoors. Soak up the Mediterranean sun both on land and in the water.
- Get your heart racing with some exhilarating water sports! You’ll find a water sports centre on Gouvia Beach, plus an additional centre up the coast at the Corcyra Beach Hotel.
- Mount Pantokrator lies just 20 minutes by road from Gouvia. The highest point in Corfu, it’s well-worth winding your way up its narrow road to enjoy spectacular panoramic views of the whole island.
- Gouvia sits next to Corfu’s main marina, making a boat trip an awesome outdoor excursion option. You’ll discover numerous boat hire places, with options ranging from speed boats to catamaran charters.
- Get away from the crowds with a day trip to Vido Island. The tiny isle lies north of Corfu Town and is home to several buildings used as quarantine centres during WWI.
- Want to plunge below the surface? Book in some diving sessions on your holiday to Gouvia. There’s several centres around Gouvia which offer open water dives and beginners courses.
Top 5 things to do in Gouvia
From touring historic landmarks to strolling through a village famously used as a film set, there’s so much to see and do on holidays to Gouvia.
- Gaze just across the water from Gouvia Beach and you’ll spot Ypapanti Church. Located on a small spit, it’s a pretty white chapel with a scenic outlook across Gouvia Bay.
- The Venetian Arsenal Shipyard is Gouvia’s most famous site and you’ll find it right next to the beach. Explore the ruins and picture magnificent ships being repaired among its huge stone structures.
- Corfu Town is a brilliant spot for a day out on Gouvia holidays. It’s an easy 15 minute drive south and absolutely brimming with Venetian monuments, great shopping and fascinating museums.
- Set in the hills just above Gouvia is Danilia Village. Uninhabited, it serves as a living replica of a traditional Corfiot village and is even where The Durrells is filmed! Only open from May to October, visits
- can be arranged through Grecotel.
- One of the most obvious reasons to book Gouvia breaks is for some beach time. As well as lounging around on the resort's own beach, why not hire a car and hop between bays?
Most popular Gouvia hotels
Your Gouvia questions answered
Corfu boasts hot summers and mild winters, making its tourist season quite long. The best time to book a holiday to Gouvia is typically in July or August when the weather and sea are at their warmest.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 02:01 20 January 2021