Gorgeous Gouves holidays 2021
Sleepy streets, idyllic coves and a backdrop of sea and mountains await you on dreamy holidays to Gouves.
Gouves breaks really do strike the perfect balance between leisure and bustling activity. The seaside resort sits on Crete’s northern coast and is split into two distinct halves. Lounge around on Blue Flag beaches in newer Kato Gouves before heading up the hill for a wander around older Pano Gouves. Travelling with kids? Some of Crete’s best family attractions are right on your doorstep.
Relaxation in Gouves
Craving a holiday to Gouves where you can completely switch off? The town’s sandy beaches are ideal places for snoozing under an umbrella. You could also take a stroll around Gouves’ pretty hilltop village for a taste of laid back Greek island life.
Why book Gouves holidays
Discover the best beaches
We love the mix of excellent sandy beaches and more secluded rocky areas
Ideal for a quiet family holiday thanks to its top-notch sandy beaches
Top attractions to visit
Visit the church of St. Constantine, built within a small pine forest
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Gouves holidays
Gouves' brilliant beaches and close proximity to some of northern Crete’s best attractions makes it an ideal resort for a family getaway.
- While you could splash around in the sea, why not whizz down water slides instead? There’s two amazing aqua parks within a short distance of Gouves, including massive Watercity with its exciting rapids and lazy river.
- If the kids are too young to snorkel or dive, take them to an aquarium instead. CRETAquarium is located in Gouves, while Aquaworld Aquarium and Reptile Centre is in Hersonissos.
- Another must-see attraction is Labyrinth Park. The mythology-themed venue boasts loads of fun activities, from a full size maze to a mini golf course and archery range.
- Gouves breaks give older kids the ideal opportunity to try some exhilarating water sports. Head down to Gouves Beach for parasailing or fit in some surfing sessions at Arena Beach.
- Have dinosaur-crazy children? Dinosauria Park is the place to go. The interactive attraction is on the outskirts of Gouves and boasts giant replicas, plus 3D film experiences.
Not just a great destination for families, holidays to Gouves also provide plenty of romance and relaxation for couples.
- Sunset cocktails and candlelit dinners are what’s in store on Gouves breaks. The resort is littered with romantic tavernas, from family-run places in the old village to contemporary bistros right by the sea.
- If you’re a couple who likes a mix of leisure and excitement, set aside a day to explore Heraklion. Crete’s capital is 20 minutes away by road and brimming with museums, shops and heritage sites.
- While you’ll be able to sip on raki and enjoy local live music in Gouves itself, livelier nights out can be found in nearby Hersonissos. Hop in a taxi and head to the town’s seafront which is dotted with clubs, pubs and cocktails bars.
- Gouves has no shortage of luxe hotels for couples. This includes beautiful boutique options, plus all inclusive Gouves resorts with amazing swimming pools and locations right next to the sand.
- Adventurous couples may want to hike in the Lassithi Plateau. The mountainous region sits south east of Gouves, with popular treks including the trail to Mount Spathi’s summit.
Most popular Gouves hotels
Your Gouves questions answered
Crete is blessed with hot summers and mild winters, making its tourist season long. For the highest temperatures and balmy ocean waters, book package holidays to Gouves in July or August.
Top Gouves hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 20:59 19 January 2021