Golf del Sur holidays 2021
Bring your best clubs for holidays to Golf del Sur, where the fairways are green and grassy and the beaches offer blissful lazy days in the sun.
Sitting at the southern tip of Tenerife in the Canary Islands, Golf del Sur is a sublime place for summer sunshine and warm winter holidays. A year-round destination, expect hot weather and plenty of sunshine in the summer months, and enjoy mild days from November through February, when the mercury still sits well into the teens. Many come here for the golf, but there’s lots to love about holidays to Golf del Sur even if you’re not a putter.
Golf courses in Golf del Sur
The clue is in the name: Golf del Sur is famous for its many excellent golf courses, so if you’re a fanatic, this is the perfect place to play a round or two. The highlight is a 27-hole championship golf course, which has hosted the PGA European Tour, the Tenerife Open and the LPGA European Tour. There are classes at their onsite golf academy, ranging from 30-minute to two-hour sessions, and the club house has a fantastic restaurant for a post-game refuel.
Why book Golf Del Sur holidays
Top attractions to visit
It’s in the name! Play a round of golf at Golf del Sur’s namesake course
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
San Blas area is your top nightlife spot
Sample the local food
Think fresh fish and plenty of tapas!
Perfect for watersports
Explore the underwater world with a Submarine Safari
Popular with couples
Beautiful coastal walks, slow days in San Blas & delicious Canarian food
Discover the best beaches
If you’re after sandy beaches take the trip to Los Cristianos or El Médano
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Golf Del Sur holidays
Top 5 things to do in Golf del Sur
Beyond golf, Golf del Sur has plenty to offer visitors to Tenerife. Holiday here for active adventures, exciting day trips and even a spot of stargazing.
- Explore San Blas, the area’s commercial centre where boutiques and souvenir shops sell locally made crafts such as leather and textiles, as well as duty-free treats.
- Want to be wowed by the power of nature in Tenerife? Book onto a whale and dolphin watching tour. Boats leave from Los Cristianos daily in search of nature’s gentle giants.
- Tenerife has some of the darkest skies in the world and, at the right time of year, you can see the Milky Way from here. Head up to the Tenerife Observatory for an evening of stargazing.
- Visit an aloe vera farm inland from Golf del Sur. Take a tour with the owners to see how the plants are grown, learn about the process of turning them into products, and spot their resident farm animals.
- Walk among the otherworldly landscapes of volcanic Tenerife at the Red Mountain Special Nature Reserve. Martian landscapes slope down into a rich blue sea and an observation deck is the perfect place for holiday photos.
Activities to try in Golf del Sur
If you’ve got plenty of energy and want to get active on your Golf del Sur holidays, book one of these brilliant adventures for a fun day out.
- Scale the island’s tallest point: Mount Teide. Hiking through the national park, trails will take you across barren red scrubland and bristly moors before ascending the 3,700-metre peak.
- Want to get up high without the effort? Try a tandem paragliding session. Launching off the edge of a mountain in Tenerife’s interior, you’ll glide through the skies with birds of prey and get a unique view on the landscape below.
- If you’re not into golf but would still like to hit a ball about a little, head to the driving range to test your swing.
- Want to meet some of the Atlantic’s cutest critters? Hit the water with your snorkel and swim about with turtles and tropical fish.
- Try your hand at some water sports on your Golf del Sur holidays. You could hire a jet ski or kayak, or learn to dive at one of the many dive schools on the island.
Most popular Golf Del Sur hotels
- Golf del Sur
Golf del Sur weather
Your Golf del Sur questions answered
The weather in Golf del Sur is excellent all year round, with sizzling high temperatures in summer and warm but pleasant temperatures in winter. August is the hottest month, and it also sees the most sunshine hours.
Top Golf Del Sur hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 20:00 20 January 2021