BGN: Bulgarian lev
Discover gorgeous Golden Sands holidays 2021
Golden Sands is loud, lively and fun. Nightlife and water sports attract singles and couples in search of an energetic break, while families enjoy the sandy beaches, calm seas and water parks.
Golden Sands fizzes with energy. The second-biggest resort in Bulgaria, its centrepiece is a long stretch of sand lined with bars, clubs and restaurants to suit every taste and budget. Daytime brings sunbathing and water sports, while at night revellers fill the streets to party until the small hours. Want a break from resort living? Head out of town to discover both mountains and ancient sites.
Ancient history in Golden Sands
Head away from the beach bars to discover the region’s historical roots. The cliffs above Golden Sands cradle Aladzha Monastery, which dates to the 12th century. Nearby Varna hosts an archeological museum and a huge Roman bath complex. Head further down the coast to discover UNESCO-listed Nessebar’s 3,000 years of history.
Why book Golden Sands holidays
Discover the best beaches
Some of the softest, finest sands in Europe – ideal for all day relaxation!
Explore the city
Head to the city of Varna for its historic landmarks, fine dining scene and a spot of shopping
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Enjoy plenty of buzzing international clubs & bars, catering to a wide variety of holidaymakers
Most popular Golden Sands hotels
Your guide to Golden Sands holidays
There’s plenty to do on a Golden Sands holiday, whether you’re into water sports, shopping or just chilling out at the beach.
- The best thing to do on a Golden Sands holiday? Relax on the namesake sands. This is one of the best beaches in the country, thanks to a four kilometre sweep of soft-sand beach and clear blue waters.
- Golden Sands holidays offer brilliant water sports, from waterskiing to scuba diving to parasailing. There are beach volleyball nets along the promenade if you want to get sporty on dry land.
- The historic city of Varna is a short drive down the coast. It has museums, ruins and an excellent shopping scene. There's everything from designer labels to authentic market fare.
- This is a resort that likes to party hard. Many hotels have in-house clubs, and during summer there are regular events on the beach. For an alternative, join one of the party yachts that set sail every evening.
- Perched on a cliff just above town is 12th century Aladzha Monastery. The chapel is covered with stunning frescoes and there’s a small museum. Outstanding views complete the picture.
Outdoor adventures in Golden Sands
Golden Sands holidays are perfect for outdoorsy types. You can get your kicks under the water or up in the surrounding hills.
- Taster sessions for beginner scuba divers are popular in Golden Sands. For the more experienced divers there are day trips further out to see. Wreck diving is an exciting option.
- For a different perspective on the Black Sea coast get up into the hinterland. Organise a walking tour or just hire a bike and hit the woods and hillsides for your own unique adventure.
- For a patch of serenity away from town, head for Golden Sands Nature Park. Here, forests hide deer, wild boar and rare birdlife. There are also hot springs and waterfall pools to splash in.
- To explore the coastline from a different angle opt for a boat trip. You could choose a romantic sailboat for two, a daring speedboat expedition or a party catamaran.
- Spend a day horse riding amongst the forests, fields and meadows of seaside Baltata Reserve. A sunset picnic on the beach is the perfect way to finish off the day.
What our local experts say
Why we love Bulgaria
Beautiful and unique, Bulgaria is a country full of surprises. As more and more travellers discover its beauties, it’s better to book your Bulgaria holiday now before everyone else does. Savour this hidden gem of a destination and you might just end up falling for it. Why visit Bulgaria ...Continue reading
When to visit Bulgaria
Gorgeous beaches, delicious food and great nightlife – Bulgaria easily attracts bigger and bigger crowds every year thanks to its unbeatable prices and stunning natural beauty. You’ve already heard about the cheap drinks, the ridiculously fine sands and the fantastic parties, but do you know what’s the best time ...
Golden Sands weather
Your Golden Sands questions answered
To be at the heart of the action, book a hotel in Central Beach. There’s everything from big, luxury hotels to low-key apartments. For quieter stays, try Kranevo, just up the coast.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 22:03 11 April 2021