GMD: Gambian dalasi
Gambia Holidays 2021
The Gambia is a small country situated in West Africa, bordering the Atlantic Ocean, known as 'the smiling coast'.
The subtropical climate, exotic nature reserves, dazzling beaches and vibrant fishing villages, make it a haven for tourists who love the outdoors.
Gambia is great for:
- All inclusive holidays - visit Kololi for sandy beaches and beach bars, Cape Point for friendly, bustling markets or Kotu for a quiet laid-back retreat, all of which offer the option of great value package holidays.
- Beach holidays - Gambia is ideal for a cheap beach break. Some of the most loved beaches include Cape Point, Bakau and Bijilo Beach.
- Cheap holidays - you can get your fix of luxury for a reasonable price on a holiday in Gambia, but if you’re still not convinced, find out why we love the Gambia.
Why book Gambia holidays
Discover the best beaches
Enjoy a spectacular coastline defined by sandy beaches
Great national parks
Abuko Nature Reserve is a must-visit – why pass on the chance to encounter monkeys and antelopes?
Explore the city
Head to the colourful capital Banjul for a look into Gambian culture
Top attractions to visit
Albreda, Juffureh, and Kunta Kinteh Island are collectively designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO – so tick them all in one go!
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Go to the Makasutu Cultural Forest for local crafts, traditional music and dance, canoeing along the river & more
Sample the local food
Try domada, a tasty peanut stew with tomatoes and onions, or okra stew, made with beef, okra, vegetables and spices
Top resorts in Gambia
One of Gambia’s most popular tourist spots, Kotu holidays provide a wide range of attractions. The natural beauty of the …From £638 per person
Kololi is on the Atlantic coast on Gambia, surrounded by the beautiful Bijilo Forest. The resort has a fantastic ambiance …From £683 per person
Bijilo is a beautiful resort, with unspoilt beaches and no nightclubs to disturb the peace, just a few beach bars …From £679 per person
Located in western Gambia, Cape Point holidays offer a relaxing location and beautiful golden beaches. With a quieter environment than …From £796 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Gambia holidays
Things to do in Gambia
The beaches and slow-paced way of life are undoubtedly Gambia’s biggest draws, but this country has plenty more to captivate visitors. The Gambian capital of Banjul is a fascinating little port city, which hosts the colourful King Albert Market, a treasure trove of food, textiles, crafts and more. Check out the top 10 things to do in Gambia here.
Things to do in Kololi:
- Bijilo National Park – This nature reserve is perfect for birdwatching and admiring tropical plants. You may also come across other wildlife like monkeys.
- Senegambia Craft Market – If you love the hustle and bustle of markets, you’ll love it here. There’s a wide range of stalls offering a variety of items from souvenirs to wooden crafts.
- Katchikally Crocodile Pool – Located in Bakau, this sacred pool features crocodiles and is known for fertility rituals.
Things to do in Kotu and Cape Point
Things to do in Kotu:
- Play golf – In Kotu, you’ll find many golf clubs near the resort’s main strip. Head to Fajara Golf Club for a competitive game of golf across 18 holes.
- Visit Kololi – The resort of Kololi is close-by, so it is worth visiting for a day where you can see the market and other sights.
Things to do in Cape Point:
- Bakau Craft Market – Roam around this market and discover a range of arts and crafts.
- Head out on a safari – Gambia is home to wonderful wildlife, so there’s no better way to see them than with a safari in the Cape Point area.
- Bakau Botanical Gardens – There are hundreds of different birds here as well as reptiles.
What our local experts say
Top 10 ideas for where to go on holiday in ...
As the days grow shorter, who doesn’t start dreaming of a winter break in the sunshine? Either a short flight somewhere warm and sunny for a weekend escape, or perhaps somewhere further afield with gorgeous tropical beaches on which to soak up the sun. Somewhere that combines beaches with ...Continue reading
Your Gambia questions answered
Travel in Gambia is typically trouble free, however tourists should take the usual safety precautions. One of the most common crimes is pickpocketing so keep any valuables safe at all times. As a tourist, you may come across ‘bumsters’, these are often young men offering help in the form of being a guide etc in order to earn money. Remember to check for foreign travel advice before your trip.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 00:54 19 January 2021