Breezy conditions and epic waves make Fuerteventura a hotspot for windsurfing and water sports. Prefer to keep your feet firmly on the ground? Take your pick of over 150 pristine beaches.
The sunniest Canary Island and a UNESCO World Biosphere, holidays in Fuerteventura are ideal for outdoorsy getaways. The volcanic island is the oldest in the region and its landscapes are truly out of this world!
Fuerteventura breaks can be as active or as lazy as you like. Windsurfers and kiteboarders will want to make their way to its breezier beaches, while there are miles of jaw-dropping sea cliffs perfect for scenic hikes. Feeling lazy? Luxury hotels for couples and laid back seaside resorts ensure it’s a sublime destination for some R&R.
Watersports adventures in Fuerteventura
3000+ hours of annual sunshine and powerful winds make Fuerteventura holidays ideal for windsurfing and kiteboarding. What’s more, impressive waves - which often exceed two metres! - have established the island as a Spanish surfing mecca.
Book with confidence
Why book Fuerteventura holidays
Top attractions to visit
We love day trips to the small island of Isla de Lobos
Discover the best beaches
Make the most of over 150 fine white-sand beaches
Take the kids to Acua Water Park & the wildlife Oasis Park
Perfect for watersports
The perfect waves for surfing, windsurfing & waterskiing
Cultural hotspot not to miss
The charming old fishing village of El Cotillo
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Check out Caleta de Fuste, Corralejo & Jandia
Top resorts in Fuerteventura
Caleta de Fuste
Beloved by sun worshippers, sea splashers and thrill seekers, holidays in Caleta de Fuste are a Fuerteventura favourite. Searching for …From £172 per person
As a former fishing village turned lively beach resort, Corralejo holidays strike a wonderful balance between cultural and convenient. Sand …From £183 per person
La Oliva is a dreamy little town in the centre of the beautiful island of Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands. …From £198 per person
With epic mountain ranges, endless sandy beaches and even more sunshine, holidays in Jandia serve up some of Fuerteventura’s most …From £215 per person
Costa de Antigua
Costa de Antigua is a small, relaxed, purpose-built resort overlooking the stunning volcanic east coast on the gorgeous island of …From £183 per person
Esquinzo in Fuerteventura, Canary IslandsFrom £377 per person
Most popular Fuerteventura hotels
- Caleta de Fuste
- La Oliva
- Caleta de Fuste
Your guide to Fuerteventura holidays
Top 5 things to do in Fuerteventura
Family-friendly fun or adventurous activities for couples? You’ll find it all on holidays to Fuerteventura.
- Windsurfing is one of the major draws of Fuerteventura holidays. Beginners can learn on Corralejo’s lagoon, while experts should tackle the world-famous Sotavento.
- Family-fun is easy to come by at Acua Park! Nestled near Corralejo, it’s the only water park on the island and features water slides, wave pools and a lazy river.
- Head just south of lively Corralejo and you’ll stumble across the vast sands of Dunas de Corralejo National Park. Explore the area on foot or hire mountain bikes.
- If you’re planning a Fuerteventura holiday with animal-obsessed little ones, Oasis Park should be on your wishlist. The wildlife park is also a botanical garden and home to the Canaries’ largest collection of cacti!
- The island’s biggest claim to fame in the culinary world has to be it Majorero cheese! For a particularly tasty day out, head to the Fuerteventura Cheese Museum.
Outdoor adventures in Fuerteventura
Fuerteventura’s sun-baked terrain, dramatic coastlines and volcanic peaks give new meaning to the term “the great outdoors”.
- Keen to trek along the crater of a dormant volcano? Make your way to Calderon Hondo that’s thought to be over 50,000 years old!
- Get off the beaten path completely with a day trip to tiny Lobos Island. The entire island is a nature reserve and bursting with exotic flora and fauna. Walk through wetlands or go bird-watching in the salt marsh flats.
- Jandia Natural Park on the island’s southern tip is one of many protected areas in Fuerteventura. It’s home to spectacular mountains, rich vegetation and beautiful sandy beaches.
- Dramatic hikes are easy pickings on Fuerteventura. Pico de la Zarza is its highest point and offers fantastic vistas across Sotavento beach. Alternatively, tackle the Camino Natural de Fuerteventura which stretches from Lobos Island to Jandia.
- Venture to craggy Cuevas de Ajay - the Canary Islands’ oldest rock formation. It consists of several caves accessed from the tiny fishing village of Ajay. The pathway there also takes you past petrified dunes and ancient lime kilns.
What our local experts say
A quick and easy guide to Fuerteventura
Ah, the sunny Canary Islands… where the beaches are sandy, the fun never ends and the sun is forever shining. One island in particular is known for making waves. Yep! We’re talking about none other than stunning Fuerteventura (which is a Biosphere and Starlight Reserve declared by UNESCO!). Find ...Continue reading
Stargazing in the Canary Islands
When you think of the Canary Islands, you’re probably thinking of the gorgeous beaches. Or maybe the water sports. Perhaps the clubs. Or is it the volcanoes and nature reserves? But the Canary Islands have something extra special that few places can match… Some of the clearest, least light-polluted skies ...
Where to go on holiday in July
Summer is on the horizon – at long last –and we’re all thinking about where to go on holiday! We’ve come up with our favourite ideas for where to go on holiday in July, whether you’re looking for somewhere exotic like Mauritius or simply want to sun yourself ...
Your Fuerteventura questions answered
As Fuerteventura (and the rest of the Canary Islands) are part of Spain, you can expect Spanish to be the most widely spoken language. Many people may also speak English.
Top Fuerteventura Holiday Destinations
Looking forward to a relaxing holiday in Fuerteventura but not sure where to go? Check out some of our top Fuerteventura holiday destinations:
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 19:36 6 March 2021