Fuerteventura Holidays 2020
Fuerteventura is the second largest of the Canary Islands, lying just off the coast of North Africa it enjoys a warm and stable climate throughout the year. Plus, it's only a short flight from the UK, meaning a holiday in the sun isn't far from your reach!
What type of holiday does Fuerteventura offer?
With over 150 fine white-sand beaches, incredible sand dunes, windsurfing galore and more than an unbelievable 3,000 hours of sunshine a year, there's no wonder holidays in Fuerteventura are popular.
The island doesn't just appeal to water sports enthusiasts though. In fact, it is a fantastic destination for all the family too! Fuerteventura holidays cater to all tastes, so whether you're interested in beaches, culture, cuisine or something else... this Canary Island doesn't hold back!
Fuerteventura is great for:
- All inclusive holidays - Fuerteventura is a great destination for families, particularly resorts like Caleta de Fuste, Costa Calma, Costa de Antigua or La Oliva.
- Family holidays - a cheap last minute holiday to Fuerteventura is a great way to unwind and enjoy a slower pace of life. You can venture for miles through sand dunes and mountain ranges or rent bicycles and take the family across the island.
- Cheap holidays - you can find some great cheap package holidays to Fuerteventura, where you don’t need to spend lots of money to have a good time. Nature is where the fun is at on this island, so make sure you try surfing, hiking and even a safari!
Fuerteventura at a glance
Top attractions to visit
We love day trips to the small island of Isla de Lobos
Discover the best beaches
Make the most of over 150 fine white-sand beaches
Take the kids to Acua Water Park & the wildlife Oasis Park
Perfect for watersports
The perfect waves for surfing, windsurfing & waterskiing
Cultural hotspot not to miss
The charming old fishing village of El Cotillo
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Check out Caleta de Fuste, Corralejo & Jandia
Top resorts in Fuerteventura
Caleta de Fuste
For fans of Fuerteventura, our cheap holidays to Costa Caleta, or Caleta de Fuste as the locals call it, makes …from £116 pp
Corralejo is a resort of many faces. From the beachfront at Town Beach you'd be mistaken in thinking that Corralejo …from £140 pp
La Oliva is a dreamy little town in the centre of the beautiful island of Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands. …from £133 pp
Costa de Antigua
Costa de Antigua is a small, relaxed, purpose-built resort overlooking the stunning volcanic east coast on the gorgeous island of …from £159 pp
If you’re looking for your 2020 holiday, then Jandia could be the place for you. Located on the south-west peninsula …from £181 pp
Home to just under 6,000 people is the popular beach holiday resort town of Costa Calma. This portion of the …from £170 pp
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Fuerteventura
Things to do in Fuerteventura
Things to do in Corralejo:
- Acua Water Park – Perfect for a family day out, whizz down water slides as the young ones play at the kids’ club.
- Parque Natural de Corralejo – This park offers incredible sand dunes as well as picture-perfect beaches to explore.
- Day trip to Lobos Island – Accessed via ferry, it’s great for untouched coves, fishing and cycling.
Things to do in Jandia:
- La Lajita Oasis Adventure Park – An impressive zoo wit everything from elephants to monkeys. You can also go for a camel ride.
- Go windsurfing – Jandia is the spot when it comes to windsurfing, pick up some lessons or show off your moves if you’re a pro!
Things to do in Caleta de Fuste:
- Go golfing – Home to a couple of 18-hole golf courses, you’ll be sure to enjoy your time on the green, whether you’re a rookie or an expert.
- Oceanarium Explorer – This marine-life park offers a range of family fun. From swimming with sea lions to heading out on a boat ride.
- Deep Blue Dive Centre – Fancy learning how to dive? Caleta de Fuste is the place to do it!
Fuerteventura history and culture
Fuerteventura carries a deep Spanish influence in its culture, although you’ll very quickly discover that the island has a lot of its own personality and flair! Holidays to Fuerteventura will be packed full of cultural delights, enough to make it worthwhile leaving the hotel! The cultural scene and nightlife are plentiful, and the locals certainly love a carnival!
All the towns on the island host their own celebration of dance, music and food in February and March, and usually a series of smaller events during the year. Betancuria is well regarded as the cultural hub of Fuerteventura as it plays host to the island’s main museums of history, religion and archaeology, as well as a fine selection of eateries and bars.
What our local experts say
Star-gazing in the Canary Islands
When you think of the Canary Islands, your probably think first of the gorgeous beaches. Or maybe the water sports. Or perhaps the clubs. Or the volcanoes and nature reserves. But the Canary Islands have got something extra special that few places can match: some of the clearest, least light-polluted ...Continue reading
Where to go on holiday in July
Summer is on the horizon – at long last –and we’re all thinking about where to go on holiday! We’ve come up with our favourite ideas for where to go on holiday in July, whether you’re looking for somewhere exotic like Mauritius or simply want to sun yourself ...
Top destinations for women travelling solo
More women than ever before are travelling solo – and why not? Travelling solo means being able to do exactly what you want, exactly when you want to do it! And it’s easier to connect with new people you’re not travelling with a partner, the family or a group ...
Most popular hotels in Fuerteventura
- Caleta de Fuste
- La Oliva
Your Fuerteventura questions answered
Fuerteventura’s main resorts include Costa Calma, Corralejo, Jandia and Caleta de Fuste.
Top Fuerteventura Holiday Destinations
Looking forward to a relaxing holiday in Fuerteventura but not sure where to go? Check out some of our top Fuerteventura holiday destinations:
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes